24 Sport O/B >

24 Sport O/B

Notices

24 Sport O/B

Old 08-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 24 Sport O/B

Anyone know how many sports were built with single outboards?
Old 08-27-2018, 06:36 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I talked with Jo for many years about building a 24 Sport OB before I purchased TMones 24 Sport IO. Compared to the IO's not many OB's were built and even less single OB's. The last single OB made was the SE with single Yamaha 250 which Jo said was a 58-60 mpg boat. Jo thought the newer Verado's (300 plus) would be a good combo for a single engine 24. The molds for the 24 were also in rough shape wherever they ended up. I just saw the other SE with twin 225's (black and blue graphics) up here on the St Lawrence but didn't get a chance to talk with the owner. I got a chance to look at the racing Sport with twin 225s and standup's but that thing was ragged out to the hilt.

Last edited by Ing; 08-27-2018 at 06:41 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-30-2018, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ing
I talked with Jo for many years about building a 24 Sport OB before I purchased TMones 24 Sport IO. Compared to the IO's not many OB's were built and even less single OB's. The last single OB made was the SE with single Yamaha 250 which Jo said was a 58-60 mpg boat. Jo thought the newer Verado's (300 plus) would be a good combo for a single engine 24. The molds for the 24 were also in rough shape wherever they ended up. I just saw the other SE with twin 225's (black and blue graphics) up here on the St Lawrence but didn't get a chance to talk with the owner. I got a chance to look at the racing Sport with twin 225s and standup's but that thing was ragged out to the hilt.
the mold for the 24 are on Craigslist somewhere up north in florida,guys wants like $2500 if I’m not mistaken
Old 08-30-2018, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 08-30-2018, 08:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

He's just spamming names to get people interested in the molds but none of those are 24 Pantera molds . I've got a set of 24' Pantera molds as well and mine didn't come from Pantera either . I remember one time we had a thread going about how many times the original P&D design 24/7 was splashed and we came up with 13 Manufactures that built it with Pantera , Superboat and Python probably being the most popular