Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
650hp 28 bravo one prop ideas >

650hp 28 bravo one prop ideas

Notices

650hp 28 bravo one prop ideas

Old 07-08-2020, 10:00 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 156
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 650hp 28 bravo one prop ideas

I just got a 28 building a 540 shooting for 650 hp wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a prop
riverrunner242 is offline  
Old 07-09-2020, 01:12 AM
  #2  
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
Posts: 17,633
Received 149 Likes on 84 Posts
Default

28" Bravo will be very close. Somewhat depends on the rpms you plan to spin it to.
I spun a 26 Bravo to 5200 ish rpms with 550hp in my 28 Pantera.
Griff is offline  
Old 07-09-2020, 05:59 AM
  #3  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 156
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Griff View Post
28" Bravo will be very close. Somewhat depends on the rpms you plan to spin it to.
I spun a 26 Bravo to 5200 ish rpms with 550hp in my 28 Pantera.
Of course. I was planning on running the rpms right around 5200
riverrunner242 is offline  
Old 07-09-2020, 07:00 AM
  #4  
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 246
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

we run a 540 and spin it up with a 26 we even tested a 21 4 blade and would it to over 7000..... rpm is your freind torque at low rpm is a drive killer have fun
boostbros is offline  
Old 07-09-2020, 07:17 AM
  #5  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 156
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by boostbros View Post
we run a 540 and spin it up with a 26 we even tested a 21 4 blade and would it to over 7000..... rpm is your freind torque at low rpm is a drive killer have fun
really? I figured lower rpm would help me save the drive
riverrunner242 is offline  
Old 07-09-2020, 08:05 AM
  #6  
SB
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: On A Dirt Floor
Posts: 10,456
Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by riverrunner242 View Post
really? I figured lower rpm would help me save the drive
No.

Torque applied kills drives.

The more load, the mire torque needed.



Taller the prop, the more load and the more torque you need to use to plane boat which is near where gas motors make most torque.


Last edited by SB; 07-09-2020 at 08:08 AM.
SB is offline  
Old 07-12-2020, 07:07 PM
  #7  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 156
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SB View Post
No.

Torque applied kills drives.

The more load, the mire torque needed.



Taller the prop, the more load and the more torque you need to use to plane boat which is near where gas motors make most torque.
what outdrive should I upgrade to if I decided too
riverrunner242 is offline  
Old 07-12-2020, 09:02 PM
  #8  
Registered
iTrader: (2)
 
Craney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Clayton NJ
Posts: 1,972
Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts
Default

What drive do you have now?
Craney is offline  
Old 07-13-2020, 10:49 PM
  #9  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 156
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

[QUOTE=Craney;4747876]What drive do you have now?[/QUOTE
bravo 1
riverrunner242 is offline  
Old 07-13-2020, 11:04 PM
  #10  
T-Mone
Platinum Member
 
T-Mone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Brookfield CT.
Posts: 482
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Morgan's 2007 28 had a 540 that dyno at 665 hp He ran a Bblades labbed 26 bravo to 80-82 mph 5900-6000 rpms
Good AFR heads and Long tube headers
T-Mone is offline  

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser