Blackhawk or surface drive on a 24? >

Blackhawk or surface drive on a 24?

Notices

Blackhawk or surface drive on a 24?

Old 10-24-2020, 09:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blackhawk or surface drive on a 24?

Anyone ever run a Mercruiser Blackhawk or a surface drive on a 24 Pantera? If so I'm looking to see how they ran and handled... Just throwing around an idea of a 500hp sbc with one of these drives...
Old 10-29-2020, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DjMikeyC View Post
Anyone ever run a Mercruiser Blackhawk or a surface drive on a 24 Pantera? If so I'm looking to see how they ran and handled... Just throwing around an idea of a 500hp sbc with one of these drives...
I wanted to do the same when I owned mine but never pulled the trigger. I think with a high X dimension the Blackhawk could work well on a 24. You doing a EFI engine or carb? The thing with a BH is putting it in and out of gear as the props bite HARD at idle, so you risk stalling when shifting. My Donzi BH idled at like 6-7mph if I remember correctly. Got yelled at all the time in no wake zones. LOL