Leaving the Pantera Family

Notices

Leaving the Pantera Family

Old 04-21-2003, 07:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wink Leaving the Pantera Family

Well, I was sorry to see her go. The Midnight Run now has a new owner, Jack from Cape Cod.
Jo, I have nothing but good things to say about my experiences with my 24 Pantera. I logged more hours on that boat last summer than any other in two seasons.
Hopefully I will be able to afford a 28 single some day soon.
Attached Thumbnails Leaving the Pantera Family-pantera_lores-add-small.jpg  
Old 04-21-2003, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jack it getting a very nice boat. Good for him!

Pat,
We're going to want to hear some heads up comparisons between the 24 pantera and your new 24 superboat.

Brian
Old 04-21-2003, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hi Brian,
I have not yet taken my new boat for a ride. I hope she handles the rough as well as my Pantera did. I tell you, I had the two boats side by side and from the rub rail down, they look as if they came from the same mold. The Pantera has a little more free board at the the stern, but thats the only difference I could see. I anticipate that the Superboat will be 1-2mph faster because of the weight difference.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:24 PM
Registered

Hey Pat,

I am glad you enjoyed your Pantera 24 Sport.

There have been many new changes to the 24 over the years since your boat was built.I have a new 24 Sport model that will be going up your way to Brookfield, CT. next Month powered with a single 600 HP.It is owned by Anthony Mone.Look him up this Summer.

I look forward to building you a new 28 Single in the future.

Regards,

JO
Old 04-21-2003, 02:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Holy Sh... 600 HP.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

How fast is that 24' going to go?? Sounds more like the engine for your 28'.
Jo, do you have any 28' singles coming up here? I'm not in the market, but I have a friend that may be.
Old 04-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat,
Glad to hear everything went well. That has to be a relief with summer fast approching.

Is there any difference in cockpit room between the two? That's always been my fear with a 24. I'm a big guy and I need roomy cockpit.

Jo,
Is that a normally aspirated 600hp. Yes I too want to know what kind of speed your seeing. Lets see some pictures of that baby.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:07 PM
Registered

Hey Brian,

I am rigging the boat now.My Customer is having an engine builder in Ct. building him the motor and will be shipped down to me in the next couple of weeks.

I expect speeds in the low 90s.With a 500 EFI in the 24 Sport I have GPS it at 86 MPH in a full pleasure version.The torque,HP, and RPM range are very important on how well it will perform.

Hey Pat,

I have the 28 Single 525 EFI that Angel posted on this site a few days that will be going to Ct. soon.If your friend is interested I will put you in contact with my customer since he will Rep. my line of boats in your area.His name is Ron Lombard.

Regards,

JO
Old 04-21-2003, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hi Brian,

Yes, it is better to only own one boat again. We have a four month old baby so my wife just went back to work. Now she can again help support my bad habits.

The cockpit may be slightly larger in my 1997 Superboat than in my 1989 Pantera Sport. I believe that Jo recommends the sit down version to give tall guys extra leg room in the 24 Pantera. I made the switch mainly for a full cabin. The Pantera SE model has a full cabin like the Superboat but none in my price range were available.

Hi Jo,

I spoke to Jack tonight and he has been running the hell out of his new ride. He and his friends up on the cape are vary impressed with the off-shore handling. Told me they went for a 30 mile run in 4 to 5 ft swells and she handled it fine. Jack will be in touch with you soon.
I have a few friends along with myself that would love to have a look at your new 28' Single. I have only seen older 28' twin engine models. Let me know how to get in touch with Ron after he takes delivery and we'll go have a look.
Old 04-23-2003, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Hey JO
I hope to see it on Candlewood lake this summer. To bad speed limit is 45...Can you post sone pics of it...
P.S. I just love your boats and one day I WILL own one!!!

Quick Reply: Leaving the Pantera Family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.