Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Whipple 575 boost kit on its way! >

Whipple 575 boost kit on its way!

Notices

Whipple 575 boost kit on its way!

Old 10-02-2003, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whipple 575 boost kit on its way!

Tomorrow I'll be installing a custom kit Dustin made for my 575- non IC as I don't want to mess with the Hatch- yet. Hopefully I'll get to run her this weekend and fill you in. He thinks it'll have 650/675 at the crank. I'd love to be able to swing a labbed 30 for a little better cruise- that way be optomistic though.

Still have not played with spacers though that is coming
Old 10-02-2003, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cattitude,
Can't wait to hear how your boat will run now. You sure don't waste much time. I wasted half the summer with my 28 messing with bugs before finally taking it to someone who really knew what he was doing. There were alot of bugs and rigging issues. It was not rigged at Pantera.
Congrats on your boat also, I love it. Good luck with the upgrades,
Greg
Old 10-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Registered

Greg, what can I say- Von Bongo and the Nunez family left me in good shape. I just want to tune it so I'm not leaving anything on the table, I won't be the fastest guy on the lake anymore but I don't want to be dusted either.

I gained a lot on my cat playing with set-up so it's worth my trouble playing with some spacers just to make sure.
Old 10-03-2003, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Greg, are you in good shape yet? What #'s were you seeing? Dyno and mph? Best of luck to both of you
Old 10-03-2003, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

105mph & Wildthing, I've got a very good mechanic now but nothing happens fast and I'm not putting any pressure on him. Its been at his shop for two weeks. The final engine rigging was not done well. There are some fuel pump issues. The single ram external steering apparently is not really a good idea on a standard bravo. The motor does appear to be healthy atleast after a compression check and leak down. Will know this week if it will produce enough power. I also will have to decide if I want to put in full hydralic steering.
I will post #s as soon as there are some.
Hey, I did get it up around 75 pulling it down to the shop. Does that count?
Greg
Old 10-05-2003, 10:14 PM
Registered

Default Initial results...

picked up 5 MPH and 300 rpm, 77.8@5200. Still have not played with spacers or my 30" wheel. This was sticky water 70 degrees at 1120 ft of elevation.

Admittedly, I need how to learn to drive a deep V, seems like I was porpoising most of the time which obviously scrubs some speed.

I guess my cat spoiled me in that respect- less stuff to mess with to get it flying fast.

After speaking with Dustin I'm going to skip the IC down the road and stay with this boost/recal set-up for bang for the buck.

I only got to run her 1/2 hr due to weather and schedules- more to come- still want to talk drive heights with Griff sometimes
Old 10-07-2003, 08:09 AM
Registered

So, where is the improvement? I was under the impression that Von Bongos boat was doing that speed with the 575 sc. Someone correct me if Im wrong.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:20 AM
Registered

Variables my friend. Those numbers had not been seen since Jo ran it with 30 gallons in the Ocean.

VB had posted a best of 74.xx I believe at 800ish feet of elevation in good chop fresh water with 40 gallons.

With VB driving and decent chop he showed me 72.6? with my wife and son on our test drive.

My lake seldom gets good chop and is 1120 ft, best I've seen is 72ish with sticky water, wife and son and about 70 gallons.

So with my same "less than ideal condtions" I picked up 5-6 mph and seat of the pants definately pulls harder up top. By the way- I'm getting close- Glenn/ Danger kitty told me he's only seeing 77ish in sticky fresh water at sea level and we are near the same power now, I may have a slight bit more and likely more torque but that's pure educated speculation on my part.

I'll be playing with 1/2 and one inch drive spacers in the coming weeks. I'm willing to sacrifice a digit or two if I can get more bow lift and better slip numbers at cruise where I log my hours. If I recall Bruce you are 3/4"ish deeper in the water with 5" more setback so it's more like an inch deeper. Are you running a full pleasure version or is your boat a mini cabin race layup?
Old 10-07-2003, 10:38 AM
Registered

I thought Danger Kitty was hitting 82 with the innovation 600. If I recall, that speed was posted some time ago.

My boat is a full race...no cabin at all. Best speed with 3 men on board (race Cond) and 1/2 tank (50 gal) 78.6 @ 5900rpms on labbed 26 plus/minus 650 hp. (non dyno) Prop shaft at 3 1/4 below bottom with 12 " standoff box. We could probably break 80 with a bit more tweaking.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:30 AM
Registered

Bruce-

Oops!- ok, had the drive figures goofed, I'm about 1/2" deepr in the water witha 7" standoff so I may be about right for best speed- still want to see iif I can get more bow lift and reduce cruise slip.

You are correct in that DK has done/posted 82- but, that's salt water, sea level with a light load and 2'ish chop- just ask him. He'll also tell you he's running 77ish in fresh water with no chop (sticky).

I visited your site- see that you have a nose cone or Imco lower, did that help much?
Cat

Quick Reply: Whipple 575 boost kit on its way!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.