Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Pantera
Who's got the 24 Pantera on Candlewood lake CT ?? >

Who's got the 24 Pantera on Candlewood lake CT ??

Notices

Who's got the 24 Pantera on Candlewood lake CT ??

Old 07-27-2004, 02:19 PM
John NY

Default Re: Who's got the 24 Pantera on Candlewood lake CT ??

I don't live too far from Candlewood Lake (south salem NY), but do all my boating on the LI Sound. When we used to go skiing, we'd shoot over to cold spring harbor where there is almost always plenty of flat water.

Hudson from my experience gets tiring. LI Sound has so many places to go - and no speed limits.

John

Old 07-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick, there are probably like 5 or so houses on the lake with planes...

Cig,,, I think I have seen you out there a few times over the last couple of years.. You usually sit out in the middle about 1/2 mile down from chicken rock ??

In feb. when we drove out to MI to order our boat, we had looked at a used 288 at metro boats on lake st. clair,,, if we didn't buy new, we were going to buy this one,, wouldn't you know it, i'm cruising through SNOB cove on candlewood and there it is,, the guy bought it about a month or so after we looked at it, talk about coincidence..
Old 07-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Registered

I'd love to know the performance #'s on that
Old 07-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris288
Rick, there are probably like 5 or so houses on the lake with planes...

Cig,,, I think I have seen you out there a few times over the last couple of years.. You usually sit out in the middle about 1/2 mile down from chicken rock ??

In feb. when we drove out to MI to order our boat, we had looked at a used 288 at metro boats on lake st. clair,,, if we didn't buy new, we were going to buy this one,, wouldn't you know it, i'm cruising through SNOB cove on candlewood and there it is,, the guy bought it about a month or so after we looked at it, talk about coincidence..
The one next to Down the hatch.

SNOB Cove??? Never heard it called that, which one is it??
Old 07-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
SNOB Cove??? Never heard it called that, which one is it??

I call it snob cove,, go through there at 7 mph instead of 6 and the a-holes in that cove throw a hissy fit, they all think their SHIAT don't stink.. It's on the right on the way up to new milford about 1.5 miles down from the damn.

I went buzzin through there on the jet ski the other night and I get the old arm's waving hand signaling idiots I just wave and keep going, pisses them right off..
Old 07-29-2004, 02:08 PM
Registered

I call it snob cove,, go through there at 7 mph instead of 6 and the a-holes in that cove throw a hissy fit, they all think their SHIAT don't stink.. It's on the right on the way up to new milford about 1.5 miles down from the damn.

I went buzzin through there on the jet ski the other night and I get the old arm's waving hand signaling idiots I just wave and keep going, pisses them right off..
Thats funny,

I thought that only happened here in FL.

cant picture which one your talking about right now, its been a while(and a few drinks) since I've been up there. I assume its North of Sand Island, not talkin about the one with the big rocks in it are you??
Old 07-29-2004, 02:16 PM
Registered

Rick, yup, the one with the big rock walls on the shore side with the small island sheltering it.. righ next to what I think used to be called melon marine ??... Anywho, yah, they are a snobby bunch...

Last edited by Chris288; 07-29-2004 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:02 PM
Cig Bullet

Guys, I will be at the lake this weekend. My house is right across from pine island. You will see the bullet on a hoist (dirty though needs a wash from all the rain). Stop buy

Cig Bullet

Old 07-29-2004, 03:52 PM
Registered

Rick, yup, the one with the big rock walls on the shore side with the small island sheltering it.. righ next to what I think used to be called melon marine ??... Anywho, yah, they are a snobby bunch...
I know EXACTLY who you be talkin' about......

one of them is my ex girlfriend!!!!!
Old 07-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

525 is right, It is anthony mone's boat. He is a very good friend of mine. We went to college together, worked at the same company and were roomates in California for 3 years. The motor was built at Atlantic Motorsports in New Milford, It made 618 hp on the dyno and a crapload of torque throughout the entire curve. It's got Marine Machine Full hydraulic steering, and CMI exhaust. I got to keep it at my house in St.Pete FL this spring. The best I saw with a labbed 26 3 blade was 84 on GPS in salt water with 1/2 tank of fuel and one other person on board. He's getting about 82 on Candlewood (fresh water). I've also had the pleasure of running this boat in NASTY wind blown 4 to 5's off Miami with Jo Nunez driving. Nothing in this boats size range will touch this thing in rough water. Most impressive is the mid-range accelleration, it was set up for that. We could surely make it go faster on flat water but 1. I wouldn't want to go much faster than 84 in a true 24 deg. V (no notches or pad) boat with a 7ft. beam and 2. the boat is mostly run on Long Island sound where it gets pretty rough. I'll try to post some pics of it when it was on Tampa Bay last spring.
Attached Thumbnails Who's got the 24 Pantera on Candlewood lake CT ??-dscn0358.jpg   Who's got the 24 Pantera on Candlewood lake CT ??-dscn0368.jpg  

Quick Reply: Who's got the 24 Pantera on Candlewood lake CT ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.