Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Pantera (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera-39/)
-   -   28 Stagger (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/pantera/85905-28-stagger.html)

Stormrider 08-25-2004 01:15 PM

28 Stagger

Does anyone know if you could Stagger twin small blocks in the 28?
Could it be done w/ moving the rear bench forward?

MIAMIBOYZ 08-25-2004 01:26 PM

Re: 28 Stagger

Jo and Pepe can do anything for the 28, not a bad idea.

Stormrider 08-25-2004 01:36 PM

Laz just keeps me thinking... with all those great products.
Albert, you know these boats, do you think it could be a good set up?
I was on a stagger boat recently, and really liked how it helped the center of gravity.

MIAMIBOYZ 08-25-2004 01:51 PM

Laz is the Mc Daddy in making small blocks blow you away, you cant go wrong on a stagger set up with the 28 with small blocks. I`m in the works in getting ready to sell my boat this year to get into Super V next year with the 35 Survivor with the staggered motors and full canopies. I hate to sell my boat because it is a real work horse and it is so race prepped with everything you can think off.

Albert

Stormrider 08-25-2004 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by MYPANTERA28
Laz is the Mc Daddy in making small blocks blow you away, you cant go wrong on a stagger set up with the 28 with small blocks. I`m in the works in getting ready to sell my boat this year to get into Super V next year with the 35 Survivor with the staggered motors and full canopies. I hate to sell my boat because it is a real work horse and it is so race prepped with everything you can think off.

Albert

Yea... but can you rig a booster seat in your boat? ;)
I like the 3man set up. Just not kid friendly.
Is it a blessing or a curse that they like the boat?

And damn... you're steppin up big time!
You gonna put steps in that 35?

MIAMIBOYZ 08-25-2004 02:47 PM

In my boat you cant use stagger because my three man set up is at the back against the hatch. However, it can be done anything with fiberglass is possible. I have a friend that wants to race with me next year and he will be buying the boat and all the gear, I`ll just sit back and play with the sticks.

Albert

Stormrider 08-25-2004 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by MYPANTERA28
I have a friend that wants to race with me next year and he will be buying the boat and all the gear, I`ll just sit back and play with the sticks.
Albert

That's a pretty good deal.
I'll keep my eyes open for a good boat to do it on.
You think it would be better to do it on a used boat, than buy new?

And on that note... please don't hijack my thread.

B-Stubb 08-25-2004 05:50 PM

I would do new a lot of striniger isues /My beleif 28 too short for a stager

JO - PANTERABOATS 08-25-2004 06:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back in the early 90s we put together drawings for a 28' twin 650 HP staggered small block B-class race boat. It can be done with no problem by moving the rear bulkhead forward and the stringers would need to be set up for a staggered set up.It would not have a rear bench, more like a 3 man bolster set up.

The balance would be perfect.

A 28' powered by a pair of 650 HP Mesa small blocks with a staggered configuration with Bravo 1 XR drives should break 100 MPH with no problem.

Call Laz at Mesa and get a quote on motors and if you need a price on the 28' you know how to get a hold of me.

My Father and I raced this 28' back in the early 90s with twin 650 HP small blocks from United racing. It ran strong.

Regards,

JO - Pantera Boats

Stormrider 08-25-2004 09:13 PM

Damn... no back seat.
What would be the difference in performance / handling in a standard vs. staggered setup?