Where is the old "Team Chicago" 29 Phantom

Notices

Where is the old "Team Chicago" 29 Phantom

Old 12-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
OOOOOps ,,,,sorry.
No offense here bro, I appreciate the input.
I know you were trying to help me find the answer to the original question.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

georges,I bought the boat from Ken in 04 to replace my 27 Mag.We redid about everything on the boat,eng. was blown, wasn't sure about drive so replaced it,new hyd.steering an cylinders.With a 540ci eng.it was one bad mutha.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Old Chicago

Some pics from 04
Attached Thumbnails Where is the old "Team Chicago" 29 Phantom-gambler-04-025.jpg   Where is the old "Team Chicago" 29 Phantom-gambler-04-030.jpg   Where is the old "Team Chicago" 29 Phantom-gambler-04-023.jpg  

Old 12-11-2008, 01:30 PM
Registered

Hey Mel,
Thanks for the reply and the pics. I last saw this boat at the St Pete race and was wondering what had happened to it since. Sounds like you've done a lot to it. Let me know if you ever want to part with it.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Mag -

Its tough to find someone with a similar boat to mine. What kind of hp did you have? What speeds were seen? How did it handle???

This will be the first season mine really gets ran so I'm anxious to see how it goes. The first test ride proved this boat crushes the rough water (mine is a heavier layup than yours).
Old 12-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The boat ran as Outcast P4 3 at the nat. in St.Pete in 2003 and thats the first i seen it.That was our last race with the Mag,i don't like Key West and i wanted to retire from racing anyway.But then my soninlaw Dave Howard wanted to race on his own but had no $$$ for it in2004 but would have in 05.We had went over the boat in St. Pete an both liked it even thou it was rough and he wanted way to much for it.One day were sitting in the shop an i said call Will an get Doyls #,i will pay X dollars no eng.no drive an if you can get it for that i'll buy it an we will race it in 04 together an i will sell it to you for the same $$$$ on Jan 1 2005 Less eng.an drive.The only problem was i cracked a vertabray in my back on the last test run 5 days before St. Cloud and that was the end of it for me.I got Ken Kaston to come in as driver an Dave on the throttles an we did 2 races in 04 as Gambler P4 16 but the fun was gone.On jan 1 i sold it to Dave an he an his brother raced it in2005 as Mustang P5 51 tell his brother got his back messed up in Sarr.and that ended there year.The boat sat by Dave tell last winter when he sold it to Andy ? owner of Andy's Towing a local co. here in Frt. Myers.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Default Speed

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Mag -

Its tough to find someone with a similar boat to mine. What kind of hp did you have? What speeds were seen? How did it handle???

This will be the first season mine really gets ran so I'm anxious to see how it goes. The first test ride proved this boat crushes the rough water (mine is a heavier layup than yours).
I had 3 engs on the flour when i bought the boat,one 540 mech cam in the 700 range,one new 540 hyd cam in the 6 to 650 range and a 509 low comp. we used for practice then i still had the 502 in the Mag we had raced with in P5 the last year.I put the big 540 in an took it out for the first run by myself to see what it would do. The damn thing was unreal and i had gotten used to not taking my eyes off the water after what had happend with Vixen in 01 ,the only thing i was sure of was the tack reading that was past 7000rpm.When shut it down i hit the recall on the gps an i had 92mph well that started a new problem it was too fast for P4.But thats a whole another ,If i had just changed them darn seats it might still be racing,it was one great boat.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Registered

Daredevil: you got the positive energy or something.

Mel: I had offered Ken $15K for it in November (2004 I think)while at the KW worlds and he agreed. I should have given him the money right away, but I figured there was no hurry and was out of the country for the following 3 weeks. When I got back I was told that it was sold to someone else..oh well.
That boat has had a lot of owners and so many different configurations!
Old 12-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by georges
Daredevil: you got the positive energy or something.

Mel: I had offered Ken $15K for it in November (2004 I think)while at the KW worlds and he agreed. I should have given him the money right away, but I figured there was no hurry and was out of the country for the following 3 weeks. When I got back I was told that it was sold to someone else..oh well.
That boat has had a lot of owners and so many different configurations!
georges,I had no idea anyone else was dealing on the boat,Ken didn't say anything and Will didn't either.If I did I would have waulked away.I got the feeling Will wanted the boat sold an out of his yard,but i could be wrong on that.I think the boat would still make a great P4 boat.When I changed to the hyd.cam 540 she made a nice solid 81 mph without killing the eng.on rpms.When Dave ran P5 in 05 I loaned him my 502 out of Vixen to keep him in the 70mph range.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Registered

No problem. So I gather that you sold the boat to this Andy's towing guy?

Quick Reply: Where is the old "Team Chicago" 29 Phantom

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.