Notices

Poker Run Newby

Old 01-10-2006, 10:43 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poker Run Newby

I have never done a poker run before, but my wife and I want to do one or two this year. We are located about an hour from LOTO, but have no interest in that lake. What are some good runs to do? We have a 28' Powerquest, is this boat big enough to do the runs? Some that interest us are Hot Springs, Chicago, Texoma, and Lewisville. All are about 6 hours from our house. BTW we keep our boat at Norfork in Arkansas. Any help would be great. Scott
Old 01-10-2006, 11:33 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Re: Poker Run Newby

NYC might be a little to far, but it's a blast!

Check it out!

www.nationalpowerboat.com
Old 01-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

We did our first run last year on lake erie. We were about the smallest, slowest(47mph) and oldest there. (83 Chris Craft Scorpion 23ft). Kinda small for erie. I was worried about how the people on 38-42ft six figure boats would receive us along w/our dog

They we as nice as can be and treated us like anyone else. Welcomed us w/open arms! We had a blast! I should add it was just a fun run. 50 dollar entry if you wanted to play cards. You could run along for free if you wanted. It may not be so relaxed at the high roller 600-1000dollar events. I won't ever know cuz I think that's way to much money for a PR.

I say do it and you'll want to do it again. Much fun! Everyone is there to have a good time and relax.

I have to ask... why don't you like LOTO? I hear all good about it and want to go there to check it out one day.

Last edited by Underdog88; 01-10-2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Registered

What about the Grand Slam Poker Run on Grand Lake in NE Oklahoma. We will have a poker run and an optional radar run.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by welladjusted
What about the Grand Slam Poker Run on Grand Lake in NE Oklahoma. We will have a poker run and an optional radar run.

That would be my pick too ... SBRT will be wearing their stomping shoes this year
Old 01-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by masher44
That would be my pick too ... SBRT will be wearing their stomping shoes this year
How do those hold concrete?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by welladjusted
How do those hold concrete?

we are bringing extra concrete with us for you and the boys.... will 10 bags fill the cockpit of a 6 seat MTI?
Old 01-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aquatictherapy
I have never done a poker run before, but my wife and I want to do one or two this year. We are located about an hour from LOTO, but have no interest in that lake. What are some good runs to do? We have a 28' Powerquest, is this boat big enough to do the runs? Some that interest us are Hot Springs, Chicago, Texoma, and Lewisville. All are about 6 hours from our house. BTW we keep our boat at Norfork in Arkansas. Any help would be great. Scott
Alright first of all, you don't have to go fast to enjoy the hell out of ANY poker run.

That being said the Texoma poker run on Labor Day has a HUGE payout should you win.

The Grand Slam run on Grand Lake is another good one. You can do the run and witness the SBRT crew get de-activated first hand. Like Welladjusted said, there is also an optional radar run afterwards that you can watch or participate in. Big party the night before and afterwards.

I am also surprised that you don't have an interest in the LOTO runs. The Frankie and Louie's run is a good one over there as well as the Hot Boat magazine runs.

Those are just a few to consider.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Alright first of all, you don't have to go fast to enjoy the hell out of ANY poker run.

That being said the Texoma poker run on Labor Day has a HUGE payout should you win.

The Grand Slam run on Grand Lake is another good one. You can do the run and witness the SBRT crew get de-activated first hand. Like Welladjusted said, there is also an optional radar run afterwards that you can watch or participate in. Big party the night before and afterwards.

I am also surprised that you don't have an interest in the LOTO runs. The Frankie and Louie's run is a good one over there as well as the Hot Boat magazine runs.

Those are just a few to consider.
You might have to have a land radar run as well....
Old 01-10-2006, 02:30 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by masher44
You might have to have a land radar run as well....
you will need a new ecu if you even want to have a chance at that one....

Quick Reply: Poker Run Newby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.