Tims 1  Potomac River Poker run >

Tims 1 Potomac River Poker run

Notices

Tims 1 Potomac River Poker run

Old 06-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tims 1 Potomac River Poker run

What's going on over there? Isn't cobb island the wild card stop? Whats the inside scoop!!!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:28 PM
Registered

Was thinking of coming down. If so where is the best place to stay dock launch ect. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

Roccard Marine Engines
www.roccardmarineengines.com
[email protected]
570-956-2840
Old 06-07-2006, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by youngbreed
What's going on over there? Isn't cobb island the wild card stop? Whats the inside scoop!!!
I have no idea what the stops are for Tim's poker run but here is some info on Cobb Island Days:

Scenic Cobb Island hosts it’s annual community celebration of fun, food, crafts, parades and music, “Cobb Island Days 2006” to be held on Friday, June 9th and Saturday June 10th.

The fun kicks off Friday with an evening of live music and entertainment under the stars on the Cobb Island "Village Green" (courtesy of local resident Sue Shymansky). Featuring dancers, singers, and live bands, the evening promises to be a great time for everyone.

Everything shifts into high gear on Saturday morning. A day of parades, music, craft booths, food vendors, exhibits, specialty t-shirts and clothing, and more begins at 9:00am, and continues throughout the day and into the evening. All set in the quaint beauty of little Cobb Island.

This year marks the 60th anniversary of the Cobb Island Volunteer Fire Department and EMS, and will be celebrated by a special Fire Parade on Saturday morning. After the parade, the Fire Department will challenge other attending fire departments with "firemen's challenges and games" on the field.

The two-day event is organized and sponsored by the Cobb Island Citizen’s Association, along with the Cobb Island Volunteer Fire Department and other local organizations.

Everyone is invited to Cobb Island for a fun early summer weekend!

The fun-filled schedule of events is as follows:

(PRELIMINARY SCHEDULE - CHECK BACK IN EARLY SPRING 2006 FOR DETAILS)

Cobb Island Days 2006

Friday, June 9th

5:00 pm - 11:00 pm Festival of Music on the Green

Live bands and entertainment outside on the Cobb Island "Old Fisherman's Field" at the center of the Island.

Saturday, June 10th

9:00 am - 6:00 pm Fun, Fairs, Parade, and Festivals

Craft fair, 60th Anniversary Fire Parade and Firemen's Games Competition, community games, food, bake sale, entertainment on the Cobb Island "Old Fisherman's Field" at the center of the Island.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike11
Was thinking of coming down. If so where is the best place to stay dock launch ect. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
The best places to eat/dock are Capt John's (not over night) or Shymansky's. Both are marina and restaurants. For night life, you can go across the bridge to Pirate's Den Marina (Waterfront Restaurant). We keep our 500 Sea Ray at Shymansky's on the dock closest to the bridge. Her name is "Never Satisfied." You can hail us on the radio (if we are at the dock) or my cell is 703-407-9106. Bill's number is below.

Patti
Old 06-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered

Kewl thanks for the Info!
Old 06-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Registered

Called today and got the stops from Tim's...

Breakfast is at 8:00am at Tims River Shore, leave there between 10:00 and 11:00...

Frist stop: Goose Bay
Second stop: Colonial Beach (Lunch)
Third Stop: Gilligans Pier
Fourth stop: Tims II (Fairview) Dinner Crabs and Shrimp
Old 06-07-2006, 05:34 PM
Registered

I guess the stops are different that what I thought I read on there website and entry form? Sound like just running south and part of the way back. How big is this event? I am thinking about attending. Can we register the day of ?.

Thanks
Lt.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Registered

Yes you can register the day of or friday at the captains party!
Old 06-08-2006, 05:34 AM
Registered

Not sure LT for Life... I wasn't able to find anything on the web about the stops, that's why I called... That's what they told me on the phone, but who knows... Guess we'll find out Sat. Morning for sure...

Yes as youngbreed said, you can sign up the morning of... You can print the form online, and take it with you... And you will need a Certificate of Insurance (not sure if that is standard with a PR or not)
Old 06-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Registered

youngbreed,

Call me when you get a minute

Bill 301-674-2773

Quick Reply: Tims 1 Potomac River Poker run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.