Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Emerald Coast Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/136605-emerald-coast-poker-run.html)

X-Rated30 07-31-2006 05:00 PM

Emerald Coast Poker Run

1 Attachment(s)
Who's going? Post a pic so we recognize you.

Just booked a room at the Sheraton. Probably going down Wed or possibly Thurs depending on work.

Croozin2 07-31-2006 06:00 PM

Re: Emerald Coast Poker Run

2 Attachment(s)
We're in! Leaving Thursday morning from the Petro truck stop in Hammond. Probably be 8 - 10 boats traveling together. Riding with a friend of mine this year since I'm still boatless. :mad: Cigarette Tiger - black sides with yellow and teal graphics.

FormulaFan 08-02-2006 08:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
We are driving from Texas. A 38 Scarab, 36 Spectre, 400SS Formuls, and a 42 Fountain. We will be rolling down I-10 East on Tuesday and Wednesday!

racer-x6 08-02-2006 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in :evilb: :evilb:

Chuck 08-06-2006 07:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in, but not in my own ride. I'll be in this 42 Sonic.

zitoracing 08-07-2006 07:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
i will be there thursday thru tuesday in the fountain Croozin2
what time are yall meeting thursday morning
Ty

crb76 08-07-2006 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
yep....Will be there in the CC...

Croozin2 08-07-2006 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by zitoracing
i will be there thursday thru tuesday in the fountain Croozin2
what time are yall meeting thursday morning
Ty

9:00am. Usually hang around for 20 - 30 minutes and then hit the road. Usually make 1 fuel stop around the Gulf Shores exit and then it's on to Destin!!

pbam22 08-08-2006 07:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will be up there Thursday though Sunday :drink: :drink: :drink:

twin screws 08-08-2006 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We will be there Wed. thru mon.

Velocity Tom 08-08-2006 05:24 PM

Gotcha covered (390velocity) will be there Thur. to Sun.

thedonz 08-08-2006 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by scarabfan
We are driving from Texas. A 38 Scarab, 36 Spectre, 400SS Formuls, and a 42 Fountain. We will be rolling down I-10 East on Tuesday and Wednesday!

yall should get in touch with "Joe" he's coming wed from Houston as well......i'll see yall there along with "Joe" "feverfan" and " Donz sr"

btw is anyone from south fl or south west fl going to this poker run ?

mike

MillerLite88 08-09-2006 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
will be down Thurs - Sun.

-Shoe

Stalkin 08-09-2006 08:48 AM

We will be there Thursday til Monday

Joe 08-09-2006 10:25 AM

We're in.... But, booked at the last minute so we're in dire need for trailer storage ----- any suggestions?????

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Joe

Joe 08-09-2006 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by scarabfan

Steve - Is that Curran in the 40SS?

Joe 08-09-2006 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Stalkin
We will be there Thursday til Monday

Good talking to you again, James. I'll give you guys a call early Thur. morning. Is JMac going? If so (and if you have one) post a pic of his new Gun. I haven't seen it yet.

Joe 08-09-2006 10:29 AM

Jacque ---- Chime in buddy-boy..... and post a pic of "Sound Check".

Joe 08-09-2006 10:30 AM

Dave/Kelli (Txspeedfreak) - where yau'll at? You guys talked me into bringing my boat..... so, jump in here!!!! :D

zitoracing 08-09-2006 10:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Joe
Good talking to you again, James. I'll give you guys a call early Thur. morning. Is JMac going? If so (and if you have one) post a pic of his new Gun. I haven't seen it yet.

J-Mac new boat

ThunderBoat38 08-09-2006 12:42 PM

Joe, good to see your comming. 2 more Cig's are headed this was from Louisania on Thursday. I checked and boardwalk is supposed to have security and parking on 98 across from the conv. ctr again this year.

Bill B

Joe 08-09-2006 12:52 PM

Just got off the phone w/ Johnny Mac ---- Long story short, when I met him he started w/ a "different" version of my name, to which I informed him was an incorrect pronunciation. So, I've found a suitable "pet name" of my own for him......

Keeping my promise ---- make sure to tell "Johnny Got Jacked" I said hello! :evilb:

--- all in good fun! He started "Josephine" w/ me... so, fair is fair (except that the story behind his name is better!!!!). :D :D :eek:

ThunderBoat38 08-09-2006 01:26 PM

ZITORACING ??? Is that you James. That gun is beautifull ... Talked with the new owner yesterday..... great guy!!! I look forward to seeing everyone. Bill B

Stalkin 08-09-2006 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by ThunderBoat38
ZITORACING ??? Is that you James. That gun is beautifull ... Talked with the new owner yesterday..... great guy!!! I look forward to seeing everyone. Bill B

No Bill, I'm Stalkin'.. But, yes the gun is beautiful. That's Jason B's old boat.. You know the trailer well..

James

Croozin2 08-10-2006 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by MillerLite88
will be down Thurs - Sun.

-Shoe

Shoefly is bringing the whole Alabama gang! Don't let Cat Daddy over do it while he's down there. You, Allen and Yellawood keep him away from all the good lookin' women. His old heart can't take too much more! :D

Just kiddin' of course. Glad the ole boy is going to be able to make it. Bling it On! :evilb: :evilb:

f311fr1 08-10-2006 07:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We will be there with a crew of 8-10 in my BT from TN.

22zxla 08-10-2006 09:42 PM

THINKING bout going . Can anyone give some tips like how long will the launch lines be? HOW MANY LAUNCHES AVAILABLE.? Trailer parking ? just some helpful pointers to make things go smooth, thanks

Joe 08-11-2006 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by 22zxla
THINKING bout going . Can anyone give some tips like how long will the launch lines be? HOW MANY LAUNCHES AVAILABLE.? Trailer parking ? just some helpful pointers to make things go smooth, thanks

Quick reply (same thing my buddy told me when I was on the fence) ----- Ready.....

JUST DO IT AND REGISTER -- YOU'LL HAVE A GREAT TIME. SO, QUIT WAFFLING, GET OFF OF OSO AND SIGN UP....EVERYTHING WILL WORK ITSELF OUT!

---- Well, I did, and it did. I'm booked w/ hotel, boat slip and boat storage (with minimal effort - and I didn't even have my asst. do it this time! :drink:)

Hope to see you there.

Strip Poker 388 08-12-2006 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by 22zxla

Its not much of a line..most people are leaving the boats in the water.theres 3 ramps ,Trailer parking is at the board walk next to Ramada,its a fun run all innercoastal,and its for a good cause....

Rob :drink:

yahoo 08-12-2006 03:38 PM

Got an email the other day saying you had to register in advance. Because of all the participants they were not letting you sign up friday.

CM

Strip Poker 388 08-12-2006 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by yahoo
Got an email the other day saying you had to register in advance. Because of all the participants they were not letting you sign up friday.

CM

They said There cutting back to 250, last year was 275.I bet you can still call and register with the Emerald coast foundation or FPBC.

Croozin2 08-12-2006 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
They said There cutting back to 250, last year was 275.I bet you can still call and register with the Emerald coast foundation or FPBC.

Hell, even if you don't enter, the vacation, scenery and boat riding are well worth it.

Hey Rob, there's also a smaller launch just past A.J.'s behind the building that the old Ralph & Kacoo's restaurant was in. It's a double launch right next to a little bar/restaurant called the Boat House. It may be a little tight for anything 38'+ but it sure is a quiet little place and there's no tide/current to worry about. FYI

See everyone down there! :drink: :drink:

thedonz 08-12-2006 05:13 PM

How many Cigs are going......if we can get an amount we might be able to all tie up together at the slips...my buddy might have a hook up

mike

Strip Poker 388 08-14-2006 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Hell, even if you don't enter, the vacation, scenery and boat riding are well worth it.

Hey Rob, there's also a smaller launch just past A.J.'s behind the building that the old Ralph & Kacoo's restaurant was in. It's a double launch right next to a little bar/restaurant called the Boat House. It may be a little tight for anything 38'+ but it sure is a quiet little place and there's no tide/current to worry about. FYI

See everyone down there! :drink: :drink:

Thanks .They said the park behind the convention center was going to be open,all new but not sure??

Rob

thedonz 08-14-2006 01:59 PM

Thank you Joe for the invite....

I just booked the flight from my deposition in Pittsburgh Friday afternoon to Pensacola.....from there I'll walk :drink: :drink:

what a week this is....Fla to NY to Pitt to Destin.....what us boaters will do for a boat ride......... :evilb: :evilb:

Frank

Stalkin 08-14-2006 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by thedonz
Thank you Joe for the invite....

I just booked the flight from my deposition in Pittsburgh Friday afternoon to Pensacola.....from there I'll walk :drink: :drink:

what a week this is....Fla to NY to Pitt to Destin.....what us boaters will do for a boat ride......... :evilb: :evilb:

Frank

Yep. It's the only addiction I know of that you can't go to meetings for that will get you off of it. :drink:

Croozin2 08-14-2006 04:29 PM

Yep. It's the only addiction I know of that you can't go to meetings for that will get you off of it. :drink:

Hell, rehab's for quitters anyway! :evilb: :drink: :evilb: :drink:

Joe 08-14-2006 04:29 PM

We'd then have to first admit we "have" an addiction! :D (I'm pleading the 5th)!

The only thing I'd change, James, is to be lucky enough to have my wife enjoy it w/ me (she had a bad car accident in the past and her neck doesn't like the boating). Both you and Carl Hansen are VERY lucky to have your wives enjoy it w/ you!

I'm outta here for the day.... Have to go get the oil changed in the tow vehicle, getting 'er ready for the trip!

Joe

FormulaFan 08-14-2006 09:59 PM

Joe, See you at Waterview towers...Call me when you get in.

Strip Poker 388 08-14-2006 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Thanks .They said the park behind the convention center was going to be open,all new but not sure??

Rob

Found out today the ramp behind the convention center is still closed.......

She said there is plenty of slips left,and they were reaching there limit of 250 boats.