Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Chicago Poker Run Pics!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/164048-chicago-poker-run-pics.html)

Downtown42 07-20-2007 07:51 PM

Thanks Dan!!! wish I was there have fun. :drink:

OSO 07-20-2007 08:17 PM

Dan,

I have started a picture section in the photo gallery that will allow 10 uploads at a time and you should not have to resize.

Please accept my apologies for not personally attending the run. I had a last minute personal issue that I had to deal with and believe me after the great time last year I am not happy that I had to cancel at the last minute.

Hope everyone enjoys the OSO goodies in your driver bags.

Be safe and keep sending those pics.

Back4More 07-20-2007 10:53 PM

Man, Thats some serious hardware...At least I might win the award for oldest POS attending.:o
See ya guys early in the morning.

candyman35 07-21-2007 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by OSO (Post 2205767)
Dan,

I have started a picture section in the photo gallery that will allow 10 uploads at a time and you should not have to resize.

Please accept my apologies for not personally attending the run. I had a last minute personal issue that I had to deal with and believe me after the great time last year I am not happy that I had to cancel at the last minute.

Hope everyone enjoys the OSO goodies in your driver bags.

Be safe and keep sending those pics.

Hey Steve,

We are going to miss you this year. Hope all is well. Thanks for all the goodies for the drivers bags. All of us at the Chicago Powerboat Club appreciate the help you have provided the club thru the years.

I'm sure that Tim is happy you sent the boat for him to play on!:D I'll be loading up your picture section in the next few days. Lots of great hardware this year.

Dan

candyman35 07-21-2007 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42 (Post 2205736)
Thanks Dan!!! wish I was there have fun. :drink:

I'm sure you do:drink: :drink: :drink: :D

candyman35 07-21-2007 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 2205918)
Man, Thats some serious hardware...At least I might win the award for oldest POS attending.:o
See ya guys early in the morning.

If you want I can nominate you for that award. :evilb: :D See you in the morning. Drive safe!!
Dan

10x 07-21-2007 01:55 AM

This Chicago Poker run will be another one to remember. The water was kinda "bumpy" today. N/E winds at 25-30 mph made for some 5-7's with a few deep holes out there. All the "REAL" boys are out in full force. I guess when you want to play in the big water, you need to have the best of equiptment you can get, and it's all showing up today and tomorrow. All the big boys are ready for some REAL offshore running here this saturday, not the bathtub water that some guys are used to.
We've only had a few cancellations, and it's probably only because they know their boats can't handle the big pond. It's just as well, as we would'nt want to see any broken boats because of the weather. The lake really opened a few eyes today from guys that are not used to our kind of water.:D

So far, we've far surpassed our limit on entries, and the boats keep coming in. We've got several more that are showing up in the morning. Don't know if we'll have enough room to have them all in the harbor. It's getting real tight now.
Stay tuned for more pics on sunday.

Bsmith1141 07-21-2007 02:02 AM

Candyman, Thanks for posting all the pics for us less fortunate individuals that were unable to attend. Would have loved to been able to make the trip...

ROB FREEMAN 07-21-2007 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2205980)
This Chicago Poker run will be another one to remember. The water was kinda "bumpy" today. N/E winds at 25-30 mph made for some 5-7's with a few deep holes out there. All the "REAL" boys are out in full force. I guess when you want to play in the big water, you need to have the best of equiptment you can get, and it's all showing up today and tomorrow. All the big boys are ready for some REAL offshore running here this saturday, not the bathtub water that some guys are used to.
We've only had a few cancellations, and it's probably only because they know their boats can't handle the big pond. It's just as well, as we would'nt want to see any broken boats because of the weather. The lake really opened a few eyes today from guys that are not used to our kind of water.:D

So far, we've far surpassed our limit on entries, and the boats keep coming in. We've got several more that are showing up in the morning. Don't know if we'll have enough room to have them all in the harbor. It's getting real tight now.
Stay tuned for more pics on sunday.

i only wish i could own a boat like that but i wouldnt be half as aragant talking about it !!

jonyb 07-21-2007 11:08 AM

I'm not real. I can't come :(