Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   Chicago Poker Run Pics!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/164048-chicago-poker-run-pics.html)

candyman35 07-20-2007 07:05 PM

Chicago Poker Run Pics!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
I hope to have the running shots early in the week and will be posting them here.
Enjoy!:drink:

candyman35 07-20-2007 07:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More!:drink:

candyman35 07-20-2007 07:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
E-Dock:drink: :drink: :drink:

candyman35 07-20-2007 07:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More E-Dock!

candyman35 07-20-2007 07:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More!:drink:

candyman35 07-20-2007 07:24 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Skater!:drink:

candyman35 07-20-2007 07:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Cig!:drink:

candyman35 07-20-2007 07:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
last ones tonight

candyman35 07-20-2007 07:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
:drink:

boater31v 07-20-2007 07:42 PM

Thanks a bunch for the pics! Looks like a very nice turnout of high quality hardware.

Downtown42 07-20-2007 07:51 PM

Thanks Dan!!! wish I was there have fun. :drink:

OSO 07-20-2007 08:17 PM

Dan,

I have started a picture section in the photo gallery that will allow 10 uploads at a time and you should not have to resize.

Please accept my apologies for not personally attending the run. I had a last minute personal issue that I had to deal with and believe me after the great time last year I am not happy that I had to cancel at the last minute.

Hope everyone enjoys the OSO goodies in your driver bags.

Be safe and keep sending those pics.

Back4More 07-20-2007 10:53 PM

Man, Thats some serious hardware...At least I might win the award for oldest POS attending.:o
See ya guys early in the morning.

candyman35 07-21-2007 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by OSO (Post 2205767)
Dan,

I have started a picture section in the photo gallery that will allow 10 uploads at a time and you should not have to resize.

Please accept my apologies for not personally attending the run. I had a last minute personal issue that I had to deal with and believe me after the great time last year I am not happy that I had to cancel at the last minute.

Hope everyone enjoys the OSO goodies in your driver bags.

Be safe and keep sending those pics.

Hey Steve,

We are going to miss you this year. Hope all is well. Thanks for all the goodies for the drivers bags. All of us at the Chicago Powerboat Club appreciate the help you have provided the club thru the years.

I'm sure that Tim is happy you sent the boat for him to play on!:D I'll be loading up your picture section in the next few days. Lots of great hardware this year.

Dan

candyman35 07-21-2007 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42 (Post 2205736)
Thanks Dan!!! wish I was there have fun. :drink:

I'm sure you do:drink: :drink: :drink: :D

candyman35 07-21-2007 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 2205918)
Man, Thats some serious hardware...At least I might win the award for oldest POS attending.:o
See ya guys early in the morning.

If you want I can nominate you for that award. :evilb: :D See you in the morning. Drive safe!!
Dan

10x 07-21-2007 01:55 AM

This Chicago Poker run will be another one to remember. The water was kinda "bumpy" today. N/E winds at 25-30 mph made for some 5-7's with a few deep holes out there. All the "REAL" boys are out in full force. I guess when you want to play in the big water, you need to have the best of equiptment you can get, and it's all showing up today and tomorrow. All the big boys are ready for some REAL offshore running here this saturday, not the bathtub water that some guys are used to.
We've only had a few cancellations, and it's probably only because they know their boats can't handle the big pond. It's just as well, as we would'nt want to see any broken boats because of the weather. The lake really opened a few eyes today from guys that are not used to our kind of water.:D

So far, we've far surpassed our limit on entries, and the boats keep coming in. We've got several more that are showing up in the morning. Don't know if we'll have enough room to have them all in the harbor. It's getting real tight now.
Stay tuned for more pics on sunday.

Bsmith1141 07-21-2007 02:02 AM

Candyman, Thanks for posting all the pics for us less fortunate individuals that were unable to attend. Would have loved to been able to make the trip...

ROB FREEMAN 07-21-2007 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2205980)
This Chicago Poker run will be another one to remember. The water was kinda "bumpy" today. N/E winds at 25-30 mph made for some 5-7's with a few deep holes out there. All the "REAL" boys are out in full force. I guess when you want to play in the big water, you need to have the best of equiptment you can get, and it's all showing up today and tomorrow. All the big boys are ready for some REAL offshore running here this saturday, not the bathtub water that some guys are used to.
We've only had a few cancellations, and it's probably only because they know their boats can't handle the big pond. It's just as well, as we would'nt want to see any broken boats because of the weather. The lake really opened a few eyes today from guys that are not used to our kind of water.:D

So far, we've far surpassed our limit on entries, and the boats keep coming in. We've got several more that are showing up in the morning. Don't know if we'll have enough room to have them all in the harbor. It's getting real tight now.
Stay tuned for more pics on sunday.

i only wish i could own a boat like that but i wouldnt be half as aragant talking about it !!

jonyb 07-21-2007 11:08 AM

I'm not real. I can't come :(

TeamSaris 07-21-2007 01:35 PM

Wow E-DOck has quite the fleet!

Cash Bar 07-21-2007 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN (Post 2205985)
i only wish i could own a boat like that but i wouldnt be half as aragant talking about it !!

? :confused:

I didn't get that at all. I just got that people that are used to rivers and flat lakes have limited experience on what it takes to run in a great lake or the ocean. I saw nothing arrogant or even related to the type or cost of boat, just the boats/captians abilities and experience.

Tbonepmp 07-21-2007 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 2206252)
? :confused:

I didn't get that at all. I just got that people that are used to rivers and flat lakes have limited experience on what it takes to run in a great lake or the ocean. I saw nothing arrogant or even related to the type or cost of boat, just the boats/captians abilities and experience.

I'm in your boat Cash... Am I missing something? Who was being arrogant??

tamburello 07-21-2007 02:26 PM

Looks like an awesome fleet. Wish I would've driven down there to check it out. Do the folks with the RV that says "Skater Wear" sell Skater clothes online. I've been looking all over for Skater shirts. Have fun!

MZEZ 07-21-2007 02:39 PM

Thanks for posting your pics. My second half is up there for business, he was walking the dock and describing all the doins. Its really great to see some place that has some sunshine:rolleyes:

Looks like a great turnout!

jonyb 07-21-2007 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by 10x (Post 2205980)
All the "REAL" boys are out in full force. I guess when you want to play in the big water, you need to have the best of equiptment you can get, and it's all showing up today and tomorrow. All the big boys are ready for some REAL offshore running here this saturday, not the bathtub water that some guys are used to.

Maybe it's just me, but that sounds arrogant.

Wally 07-21-2007 04:22 PM

i just got back from down town chicago and have uploaded close to 50 pics from the poker runners as they passed by the wall in Burnam Harbor....i got there just as they started to go through so i missed a few of the pack at the front.....like the Canopy fountain and Brad Z's MTI among the few.....i dont think everyone went through though...i didnt see Mark Smith and there was atleast one outside the wall with its hatch up :( Looked liek everyone was having a good time though.

Oh and as i took pics and worked my way down the wall i kept hearing people asking "whats going on?" Had to tell them its a poker run for Childrens Memorial Hospital.....every single person i told said "cool!" or "awesome!" :cool:

Wally 07-21-2007 04:23 PM

oh by the way...the pics are loaded up in the photo forums...

Wally 07-21-2007 04:24 PM

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...y.php?cat=3100

candyman35 07-21-2007 05:42 PM

Wally,

Great shots!!!! Thanks for posting them.

Dan

tblrklakemo 07-21-2007 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 2206235)

big time!

candyman35 07-21-2007 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by ROB FREEMAN (Post 2205985)

Hey Rob,

I guarantee that Frank didn't want to offend anyone with his post. I think his comment was addressed to a few select individuals and not the general public here on OSO. He is not like that. He loves the big bad boats, as I think all of us do, but he still treats everyone the same. I'm sure when he recovers from the party sometime tomorrow he will chime in.

Dan

Spine Tingler 07-21-2007 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by fast fun 2 (Post 2206235)

Thanks big daddy. I want to thank Mark Smith and the rest of the Chicago Powerboat Club for such a great event!! You boys have been the best hosts. I got my first experience in some really snotty **** since I got the boat and it was quite an experience. Thanks to Woodsy for keeping me honest! Well, we're off to the party (someone told me they have all you can drink Goose and RedBull).:D

Scott

candyman35 07-21-2007 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by jonyb (Post 2206149)
I'm not real. I can't come :(

I hope to have pictures of Air Ronnie and his 25' Baja from today's run. You will love the shots!!!

Dan

candyman35 07-21-2007 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Superman (Post 2206359)
Well, we're off to the party (someone told me they have all you can drink Goose and RedBull).:D

Scott

We requested it just for you guys!!! They will not run out.:drink::drink: :drink: Have fun!!!
Dan

jonyb 07-21-2007 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by candyman35 (Post 2206362)
I hope to have pictures of Air Ronnie and his 25' Baja from today's run. You will love the shots!!!

Dan

Sweet!

Spine Tingler 07-21-2007 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by candyman35 (Post 2206363)
We requested it just for you guys!!! They will not run out.:drink::drink: :drink: Have fun!!!
Dan

Thank you very much. I would love to get you to come down to our neck of the woods. I can't get you 5's-7's though. SORRY!:rolleyes:

Doug 07-21-2007 06:45 PM

Great shots Wally, Thanks. Hope it was a safe day for everyone.

ROB FREEMAN 07-21-2007 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by candyman35 (Post 2206358)
Hey Rob,

I guarantee that Frank didn't want to offend anyone with his post. I think his comment was addressed to a few select individuals and not the general public here on OSO. He is not like that. He loves the big bad boats, as I think all of us do, but he still treats everyone the same. I'm sure when he recovers from the party sometime tomorrow he will chime in.

Dan

its all good , im quite happy with what ive got , been very fotunate , more lucky than some ill never be top shelf , but am happy with that good health , a few good freinds better than average boat heck im a lucky man , just not as lucky as some ! i can still wish though !

pearlyellow 07-21-2007 11:48 PM

Wow :d