****2008 Pirate Run: June 20 - 22****

Old 01-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
For Immediate Release:
Back Again for a 5th year of Pirate Madness! ...
[disclaimer]
That's great. I love it.

Sadly, this is what our world is coming to thanks in part to idiot, selfish, ambulence-chasing, sue-happy scumbags!
Old 01-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerrunner2000
WOW!!!!!!
Sounds like people who go there should be prepared to die !
Also sounds like a group with no insurance.
Maybe everyone should go to the Poker Runs America event in Alexandria Bay (The same weekend) Safe runs , Coast Guard Approved, Great route, Big prize money and one of the long standing events on the poker run tour.

Wherever you decide to run - Have fun and stay safe.
Follow current events much??.....
Why is it, do you suppose, that disclaimers like this are necessary?

PRA...
Old 01-25-2008, 04:12 PM
VP
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PREZ (or should I say RINKER BOY) !!!

I give you credit for laying it all on the line on OSO. I believe this really demonstrates how the SPBA organization is trying to make people aware of the reality of the situation and working hard to try and keep these poker runs alive. At least you had the nads to say how you feel and put it in print. You have simply defined the rules of engagement.

This PIRATES RUN is a run put on by folks that like to entertain. We try and provide some good old honest fun for the true, fun loving, and down to earth powerboater .................................................. .......................... its sure as hell not like those described in the couple of small, insignificant slams above .......... is it now ?!?!?!?!!!! .
Old 01-26-2008, 07:21 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Hey VP,
How the Hech have you been? Last time I talked with you, you were frantically preparing for your China Trip. How are things at Xtreme Cooler Headquarters? Maybe you can bring a shipment to the Poker Run and we can set up an Oval. Take a Lap...drink a beer, take a lap.....drink a beer. This years Featured event...Xtreme Cooler Olympics. I figure we can kick this whole thing off about 11 pm on Friday Night. That way everybody will be good and "rested". Shoot me a pm or give me a buzz.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:20 PM
VP
Registered

...........Take a Lap...drink a beer, take a lap.....drink a beer. This years Featured event...Xtreme Cooler Olympics. ............

Well it looks like I might have an XtremeCooler to donate to the Charity Auction this year. The trip went well ....... signed a contract for 10,000 of these things ............. so here we go !!!!!!!!

I not sure about the drinking and riding thing though -- that could be way too much fun
Attached Thumbnails ****2008 Pirate Run: June 20 - 22****-dsc00910-2.jpg  
Old 01-27-2008, 08:20 AM
Registered

10,000 of them (cool) i see a big boat in the near future

congrats
Old 01-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION
For Immediate Release:
Back Again for a 5th year of Pirate Madness! The Pirate Run has time and time again made the dreams of Pirate Captains and their crews come Alive! A weekend of FUN combined with a day of SAFE boating and an evening of unimaginable spectacle! This year will yet again TOP the past FOUR YEARS. With the Help of a dedicated staff of the dirtiest Pirates Seneca Lake has to offer the Seneca Power Boat Association Anticipates another banner year. If you are considering paying Seneca Lake a visit this summer, consider June 20 - 22.

FOR REGISTRATION INFORMATION READ THE FOLLOWING:
The Seneca Power Boat Association is a Not for Profit Organization. All Officers, Members, and Affiliates are volunteers of the Seneca Power Boat Association. THE EVENTS WE HOST ARE DONE SO TO RAISE MONEY FOR CHARITY. No Officer or member of the organization is reimbursed or compensated for their effort put forth. ALL PROCEEDS ARE DONATED TO MULTIPLE CHARITABLE ORGANIZATIONS. As a registered participant of the "Pirate Run" Boating event you are subjecting yourself, your crew, your passengers, and all family members directly or indirectly involved to the possibility of litigation (lawsuit). THE SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION, all of the OFFICERS representing the organization, and or it's members CAN NOT PROTECT ANY PIRATE RUN PARTICIPANT, CREW MEMBER, PASSENGER OR PERSONS REMOTELY RELATED to the event from a possible LAWSUIT THAT MAY ARISE FROM participating directly or indirectly in the PIRATE RUN event. Operating a "Performance boat","Power Boat""Speed Boat" or any motorized vehicle is dangerous and as a result injury or DEATH to the operator and possibly CREW OR PASSENGERS MAY RESULT. UNDER ABSOLUTELY NO CIRCUMSTANCES AT ANY TIME IS IT MANDATORY FOR ANY PIRATE RUN PARTICIPANT, CREW MEMBERS OR PASSENGERS TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY PORTION OF THE PIRATE RUN EVENT.
ONLY REGISTER AND PARTICIPATE FOR/IN THIS EVENT IF:
1) YOU REALIZE INJURY OR DEATH MAY RESULT FROM REGISTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE PIRATE RUN EVENT.
2) YOU HAVE EXPLAINED TO ALL PERSONS IN YOUR VESSEL THEY ARE TOTALLY VOLNURABLE TO INJURY AND DEATH DURING ANY AND ALL PORTIONS OF THE PIRATE RUN EVENT. 3) YOU HAVE EXPLAINED TO EVERY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY THAT WHEN YOU REGISTER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PIRATE RUN, INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION.
4) YOU REALIZE THAT OPERATING A BOAT AT ANY SPEED IS DANGEROUS AND MAY RESULT IN DEATH OR INJURY.
5) YOUR CREW OR PASSANGERS MAY BE INJURED OR DIE AS A RESULTOF YOUR ACTIONS OR POSSIBLY THE ACTIONS OF OTHER PARTICIPANTS DURING ANY PORTION OF THE PIRATE RUN EVENT.
6) YOU REALIZE BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PIRATE RUN HOSTED BY THE SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED FROM ANY LITIGATION (LAW SUITS) THAT MAY ARISE AS RESULT OF YOUR REGISTRATION OR PARTICIPATION - YOU ARE 100 PERCENT VALNURABLE TO LITIGATION (LAW SUIT). YOU, YOUR CREW, OR YOUR PASSENGER CAN BE SUED AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION OF THE PIRATE RUN EVENT HOSTED BY THE SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION.
7) YOU HAVE INFORMED YOUR FAMILY, YOUR RELATIVES, YOUR INLAWS AND THE FAMILIES OF YOUR CREW AND PASSANGERS THAT THEY ARE NOT PROTECTED FROM LITIGATION THAT MAY ARISE AS A RESULT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE PIRATE RUN EVENT.
8) YOU REALIZE THAT YOU OPERATE YOUR VESSEL AT YOUR ABSOLUTE OWN RISK ON YOUR OWN WILL.
9) YOU REALIZE THAT YOUR ACTIONS, YOUR REACTIONS, YOUR ASSUMPTIONS, AND ALL OTHER ACTIONS YOU MAY MAKE DURING THE PIRATE RUN EVENT MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DEATH AND CAN RESULT IN LITIGATION.
10) YOU HAVE INFORMED THE CREW OR PASSENGERS RIDING IN YOUR BOAT THEY COULD BE INJURED OR POSSIBLY DIE AS A RESULT OR YOUR ACTIONS DURING THE PIRATE RUN EVENT.
11) YOU REALIZE THAT INJURY OR DEATH MAY RESULT FROM EQUIPMENT MALFUNCTION DURING ANY PORTION OF THE PIRATE RUN EVENT.
12) YOU REALIZE THAT INJURY OR DEATH CAN OCCUR AS A RESULT OF NATURAL AND NON NATURAL CAUSES DURING THE PIRATE RUN EVENT HOSTED BY THE SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION.
14) YOU WILL READ THIS DISCLAMIER TO ALL OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS, RELATIVES, YOUR CREW MEMBERS FAMILIES, THEIR RELATIVES, AND THE FAMILIES AND RELATIVES OF ALL THE PASSENGERS THAT WILL BE RIDING IN OR DRIVING YOUR VESSEL DURING THE PIRATE RUN HOSTED BY THE SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION.
15) YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BY REGISTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE PIRATE RUN POKER RUN HOSTED BY THE SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION YOU ARE COMPLETELY RESPONSABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS, YOU MAY BE SUED, INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR TO YOU AND OR EVERYBODY RIDING IN YOUR VESSEL.
16) YOU WILL OPERATE YOUR VESSEL IN A MANNER THAT YOU AND YOUR PASSENGERS ALL AGREE UPON.
17) DURING THE PIRATE RUN EVENT YOU ARE NOT OBLIGATED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY PORTION OF THE EVENT YOU CONSIDER UNSAFE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE BOATING PORTION OF THE EVENT.
18) AT ANY TIME DURING THE BOATING (POKER RUN) PORTION OF THE PIRATE RUN EVENT YOU CAN STOP/DISCONTINUE YOUR PARTICIPATION. YOU WILL BE ENTITLED TO EVERYTHING THE EVENT HAS TO OFFER WITH ABSOLUTELY NO PENALTIES.
19) YOU REALIZE THAT A PORTION OF THE PIRATE RUN IS CONSIDERED A "POKER RUN" OR A GATHERING OF VESSELS THAT OPERATE IN VARIOUS SPEED GROUPS, STOPPING AT MUTIPLE LOCATIONS. MANY TIMES DURING THE EVENT SEVERAL BOATS WILL BE IN CLOSE PROXIMITY, SPECIFICALLY DURING THE STOPS, THE STARTS, AND LUNCH PORTION OF THE EVENT. YOU, THE MEMBERS OF YOUR
CREW AND ALL PASSENGERS IN YOUR BOAT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE MANNER AT WHICH YOU CHOSE TO OPERATE THE VESSEL. IF YOU, YOUR CREW AND THE PASSENGERS OF YOUR BOAT FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE, UNSAFE, OR FEEL THAT YOU ARE IN A POTENTIALLY HAZORDOUS SITUATION YOU CAN STOP AT ANY TIME.
20) YOU, YOUR CREW AND ALL PASSANGERS IN YOUR VESSEL WILL WEAR THE APPROPRIATE COAST GUARD APPROVED FLOTATION DEVICES DESIGNED FOR THE RATE OF SPEED AT WHICH YOU DECIDE TO TRAVEL AT ALL TIMES DURING THE BOATING PORTION OF THE PIRATE RUN EVENT.
21) YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE OPERATER OF THE BOAT CAN NOT DRINK ANY ALCOHALIC BEVERAGES FOR THE ENTIRETY OF THE BOATING PORTION OF THE EVENT INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE LUNCH STOP.

IF YOU ARE STUPID - DON'T REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.
IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE RISK INVOLVED - DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.
IF YOU HAVE EVER SUED ANYBODY FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS YOUR FAULT - DON'T REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.
IF YOU STILL DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN DIE IN A BOATING ACCIDENT DURING THE PIRATE RUN - DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.
IF YOUR SPOUSE OR ANY MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY WILL FILE A LAWSUIT AGAINST SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION OR ANY OF THE OFFICERS OR MEMBERS WHEN OR IF YOU ARE INJURED OR DIE DURING THIS EVENT - DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.
IF YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS RELATED TO ANY OF THIS READING MATERIAL - DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.
PLEASE REALIZE YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS EVENT IS COMPLETELY VOLUNTARY AND UNDER NO MEANS ARE YOU REQUIERED TO PARTICIPATE.
IF YOU ARE NEW TO BOATING, IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 200 HOURS AT THE HELM OF A PERFORMACE BOAT - DO NOT REGISTER FOR THIS EVENT.
IF YOU HAVE NEVER PARTICIPATED IN A "POKER RUN" STYLE EVENT - WE DO NOT WANT THE PIRATE RUN TO BE YOUR FIRST. DO NOT COME.

YOU CAN BUY A GUN, YOU CAN BUY A BOAT, YOU CAN KILL PEOPLE WITH EITHER. UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN PULL A TRIGGER OR PUSH A THROTTLE, THE ACTION IS YOUR RESPONSABILTY.

DO NOT ATTEND THE PIRATE RUN IF YOU DO NOT REALIZE THIS EVENT IS DANGEROUS AND INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR TO YOU AND OR ANYBODY IN YOUR BOAT OR THE BOAT NEXT TO YOU. YOU WILL BE RESPONSABLE IF ANYBODY IN YOUR BOAT DIES. IF ANOTHER PARTICIPANTS VESSEL COLLIDES WITH YOUR BOAT YOU AND YOUR CREW AND PASSANGERS HAVE MADE THE CHOICE TO BE IN EXACTLY THAT LOCATION AT EXACTLY THAT TIME.
THE SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION DOES NOT CARE IF YOU ATTEND OR NOT. THE MEMBERS OF OUR ORGANIZATION ENJOY BOATING, WE HAVE FUN BOATING, WE WILL STILL HAVE FUN IF YOU DO NOT ATTEND. THE SENECA POWER BOAT ASSOCIATION IS SIMPLY INVITING YOU TO JOIN OUR EVENT, AT YOUR OWN WILL AND RISK.

IF YOU HAVE BEEN OFFENDED IN ANY WAY AS A RESULT OF READING ALL OF THE ABOVE, I DO NOT CARE. DO NOT REGISTER FOR THE PIRATE RUN.

NOW, AFTER READING AND UNDERSTANDING EVERY WORD OF ALL THE PARAGRAPHS AND SENTENCES ABOVE, YOU WOULD LIKE TO REGISTER FOR THE 2008 PIRATE RUN POKER RUN PLEASE CLICK THE LINK BELOW:

www.senecapowerboats.com
Need, I am looking to hire a forward thinking, aggressive Chief Marketing Officer for my company - what would it cost me to leverage your subtle marketing brilliance and get you to come work for me?

I'll be there, possibly w/a new cat...
Old 01-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Need, I am looking to hire a forward thinking, aggressive Chief Marketing Officer for my company - what would it cost me to leverage your subtle marketing brilliance and get you to come work for me?

I'll be there, possibly w/a new cat...
LOL....I wanted to take a subtle approach...nothing to drastic.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:52 AM
Registered

you forgot the disclamer about the combat auction
Old 02-03-2008, 07:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by psychoboater
you forgot the disclamer about the combat auction

yes with the wmpt crew you will need that for sure.

Quick Reply: ****2008 Pirate Run: June 20 - 22****

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.