Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Western New York Fun Run 2008 >

Western New York Fun Run 2008

Notices

Western New York Fun Run 2008

Old 06-12-2008, 09:09 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If we had 75 boats, OK, but that is not happening.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

Lets see the books! It should be filed under a not for profit co. There for it is public information and to ease everyones suspiscions a copy of balance sheet and statement of cash flow should be shown.
Humpy should show everyone the copy of the check they wrote to Hospice last year.
I am all for giving money to charity, in fact I am going to write a check to Hospice for $125 and mail it to them myself, That way I know it goes to a good cause.
Who else wants to see where their money goes?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Registered

Thanks I was wondering what would happen if weather was an issue.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

approximately what time do you guys think you will be cruising down the river in the morning, and what time do you guys cruise back up the river?

thanx,
josh
Old 06-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Registered

Hump one reason the turn out is not growing is PigPen won last year after coming from the Seneca Lake area with 3 other boats and only went home with a Plague for winning, they are not coming back this year.... I also talked with some other out of towner's that have come in the past and they are saying the same thing.

- Think of it this way. We are/have been the ones coming every year, just listen to what we are saying that will help your Run?
Old 06-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Gold Member

If you don't want to come that's ok. But don't tell me how to run this. I work too hard on this and don"t make a dime. Those who come enjoy it. This is not a club! It's an LLC for insurance reasons only. Bye.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Just a sugestion. I was on this run last season and had a drive failure after the North Grand Island bridge. My wife, my sister inlaw and I waved our life jackets calling for help and watched half the fast boats go buy and ALL the slower boats go by with no offer for assistance. I dont have to tell anyone familiar with the Niagara river the danger associated with that section of the river. Please have a sweeper boat for someone in distress. We were within two hundred yards of the falls boueys when we got anchored. Thanks to a concerened pleasure boated to tow us back up stream to the Lasale Yact Club.
WE wont be back.

Last edited by tbanzer; 06-12-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Registered

Hey boys Looks to be some wrong doin's over there in WNY. A few of us were gonna be comin over there this weekend because we heard there would be payout. You are right
29Kilroy- we talked to the Seneca Lake boaters and they were upset. Who is this Humphrey guy?
Hope it wont bother any of you if a couple of of ladies show up and clean your clocks. Probably wont pay to enter the run(no chance of money back so what for?), just run with it on the calm flat water and play on Sat./Sun. See you this weekend or at least Seneca! Tiff
Old 06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Registered

Okay, I just talked with Hump and understand where he is coming from. The Reg. numbers are down and that is why he is not stating what or if there will be a Payout. See everyone Sat. am. It is a Good time!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Registered

Well that does make sence, but why tell everyone something if you cant perform?
Kind of like when I had my 2.5 done first, he told me it would be 350hp. Turned out more like 290.

Now.....well some girls cant tell all their secrets!!!
I like the dancing banana. HeHeHe

Quick Reply: Western New York Fun Run 2008

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.