Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
"Boyne Thunder" Poker Run 2008!!!!!!!!! >

"Boyne Thunder" Poker Run 2008!!!!!!!!!

Notices

"Boyne Thunder" Poker Run 2008!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2008, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the red sabre is 1 of the Wieland boats! Mike I think?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup, Wielands. A son AND daughter. Tough kids.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
I think the red sabre is 1 of the Wieland boats! Mike I think?
You are correct sir....Mike Wieland is the driver of little red. Been with us from year one if i'm not mistaken. Always runs that thing like he stole it!!! It's great to see i'm not the only little guy out there thinkin he's got a 40footer! LOL
BTW- wrink.....wtf happened to you?!?!?! Leaving bay harbor you were with us, i blink and you're gone! You musta had wings installed on that raft of urs to get outta there so quick!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Freeryd
BTW- wrink.....wtf happened to you?!?!?! Leaving bay harbor you were with us, i blink and you're gone! You musta had wings installed on that raft of urs to get outta there so quick!
We were check'n things out, actually curled around & checked on Dan in the 42 ex 2 make sure he was ok. He cut us loose & we were back at the waves. Saw Mike B'n towed in & the 29 Profile had help so we chug'd on!!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dan Adams
Nope, not my boy. Just love those Sabers and happy to see such an old girl still busting waves.
I saw you had a Fountain & I thought I heard his dad was there in a Fountain. Just adding in the mind. I guess there were a few fountains now that i think about it.

Yep, Mike did great. I wonder if he rides dirt bikes.

Last edited by Shawn D; 07-14-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shawn D
I saw you had a Fountain & I thought I heard his dad was there in a Fountain. Just adding in the mind. I guess there were a few fountains now that i think about it.

Yep, Mike did great. I wonder if he rides dirt bikes.
Ya Shawn, they were pull'n the Fountain out in that rough stuff yesterday when I was at the dock get'n my boat! Hope they got it out OK!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
Definately went by too fast. I did not get to meet as many people as I wanted too. I think I was one of the lowest budget teams there if not the very lowest. A LOT of nice hardware there. I really wanted to see the big skaters run. What happened to them. I heard the new one had fiberglass in the gas tank?
"All in" was right behind me lead'n everybody out & I believe he had electrical probs, that' why he shut down in the channel & almost hit the steel & a large bunch of pilings.He was seen later blast'n back across Lake Char 2 Boyne. The silver 1 I heard blew an engine! Not for sure on either issue! We passed the silver 1 go'n back on 1 engine a few miles out in Lake Mi.

Last edited by wrinkleface; 07-14-2008 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:26 AM
Registered

wasn't the fiberglass in the tank a problem that either taylor or joyaux was having??? JB knows for sure, i just can't recall right now, but i know it was an ongoing issue for sometime now. that would suck!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Freeryd
wasn't the fiberglass in the tank a problem that either taylor or joyaux was having??? JB knows for sure, i just can't recall right now, but i know it was an ongoing issue for sometime now. that would suck!
Ya, it was Chris's silver 1 hav'n the tank issues!
Old 07-15-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey guys, I posted it in the other thread but I want to thank Mitch in the Top Gun and the Formula cruiser (Marshall boat) for the help with the tow! Was pretty rough waves to be towed and i cant say enough how much i appreciate it! Everyone was more than willing to help. Had a great time and looking forward to hopefully calmer waters next year! This year was fun bet it takes a lot out of ya. I cant praise the Saber enough though! It has to be the best 28' rough water boat ever built. The only thing keeping me from enjoying the best waves of the day (Bay Harbor to Round Lake) was a coil/no spark issue, nothing big. It was fun while it lasted, and thanks again. It was great to be part of the run again this year. MIKE

Quick Reply: "Boyne Thunder" Poker Run 2008!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.