Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ohio River Poker Run

Does anyone have any information on the Ohio River Poker Run in July
Old 06-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd be interested in that info as well.....
Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Registered

I am very interested as well. I saw one blog from a site out there that indicated last weekend in July. But I am not sure either. Please pass on information if you recieve. I do know the past events are held at Watertown Yacht club which has changed names and ownership recently. The most recent phone # I have is 859-261-8800.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

It's now called Manhattan Harbour. The weekend of July 17-20 seems to be shaping up pretty well in that area...there's a Jimmy Buffett concert at Riverbend, with an after-concert party at the marina. Then they are having a big Aquapalooza party on Sat. the 19th. No news about a poker run on their site, however....

http://www.watertownyc.com/
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Registered

There was an interview on local Cincy Fox 19 this morning with a couple of the marina owners and they mentioned they had heard the annual poker run was going to be cancelled due to high fuel prices. Not sure if this is true it was just mentioned in the interviews, it was a good clip though on boating down on the Ohio due to fuel costs.
Old 07-01-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered

The attendence and entree's have been on a steady decline since 04. i had hopes that they would restructure it and get it to go big again. that was a great even close to home
Old 07-03-2008, 07:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yes the event is cancelled for this year primarily due to the economy, not many people willing to spend the money. Just not enough interest and as this is a charity event the run doesn't have the funds to cover an outage if it doesn't generate enough revenue to pay for itself.

Hotboat will be running an article about the Ohio River Poker Run and the 2009 sponsor line up in the edition prior to the Ft. L boat show. The 2009 line up is pretty impressive lets just hope the economy settles itself a bit.

Don't understand the comment on attendance, more boats last year than ever before.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Shame that it's canceled this year.
I've been down for it the past few years, but missed last year because I was picking up my new to me boat in St. Louis that weekend.
Seemed like a nice run, and always some nice hardware showing up.
I have to admit though, the entry fee seemed a bit steep to me for this run.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

It's been a pretty bad summer so far for boating on the river anyway. Water's been up and muddy and doesn't really look like that's going to change soon--CAUSE IT'S FREAKIN' RAININ' ON THE 4th OF JULY!!!

We are still going to try and run up river to the Madison Regatta on Sunday though if doesn't get to junked up before then.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered

I heard a rumor that there were personal reasons besides the economy.

There were at least 4 boats from the Indy area committed to go. Hope they work it out for '09.

Quick Reply: Ohio River Poker Run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.