Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Tickfaw Rivers Prop Stop Halloween bash…. >

Tickfaw Rivers Prop Stop Halloween bash….

Notices

Tickfaw Rivers Prop Stop Halloween bash….

Old 09-23-2008, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tickfaw Rivers Prop Stop Halloween bash….

Does anyone know if the prop stop is gonna be open for there Halloween bash?

Thanks
-Nate
Old 09-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Registered

I would email the guy's at gcoffshore.com. I know they go every year and usually list it on their calendar on the website.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JLAY
I would email the guy's at gcoffshore.com. I know they go every year and usually list it on their calendar on the website.
Yeah Greg, I will do that thanks. I looked on his calendar and it said TBA......
Old 09-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Y'all read the Advocate this week? Mr. DeMars (owner of Prop Stop) is in a little hot water with the DWF and La DEQ. It seems he was illegally dumping garbage on another Killian resident's property. He was supposed to clean it up prior to the hurricanes but didn't. The water came up and his garbage floated all over the lower Tickfaw. DWF and DEQ were not amused. Could face some serious fines and possible jail time. The Haloween Bash might be in trouble this year. Don't know that for sure, just judging by what I read in the paper.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Croozin2
Y'all read the Advocate this week? Mr. DeMars (owner of Prop Stop) is in a little hot water with the DWF and La DEQ. It seems he was illegally dumping garbage on another Killian resident's property. He was supposed to clean it up prior to the hurricanes but didn't. The water came up and his garbage floated all over the lower Tickfaw. DWF and DEQ were not amused. Could face some serious fines and possible jail time. The Haloween Bash might be in trouble this year. Don't know that for sure, just judging by what I read in the paper.

Thats not cool at all! I did hear a little about that. Man I sure hope they have it.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:58 AM
Registered

From what I am told they will not be having it. In fact it very well mean that we have seen the end of the prop stop. Things have been spiraling down for awhile. We hate that for halloween too, we have not missed one in 8-9 years.
All the river bars were severly hit from these storms.....looks like we are in for a big change. Croozin, come see us friday nite at lizzies. Hurricane "releif" drunk. We can talk about opening our own place. We got the "experience".
Sun Buns sustained no damage but Damon said he proably will not open till next year. Does not feel that there would be much boat traffic. Tried to talk him into having a halloween party, was receptive on the idea but had prior plans for halloween this year. Good possibility next.
So what ARE the local boaters going to do for Halloween THIS year???
Old 09-24-2008, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
From what I am told they will not be having it. In fact it very well mean that we have seen the end of the prop stop. Things have been spiraling down for awhile. We hate that for halloween too, we have not missed one in 8-9 years.
All the river bars were severly hit from these storms.....looks like we are in for a big change. Croozin, come see us friday nite at lizzies. Hurricane "releif" drunk. We can talk about opening our own place. We got the "experience".
Sun Buns sustained no damage but Damon said he proably will not open till next year. Does not feel that there would be much boat traffic. Tried to talk him into having a halloween party, was receptive on the idea but had prior plans for halloween this year. Good possibility next.
Only problem Kenny is most of my experience in a bar is from the wrong side of the bar!!! Kinda be like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse!!

With Pier 13 changing hands, Fred's being destroyed, Middendorf's original building going to be razed and Prop Stop's ongoing issues there is definitely going to be an opportunity for someone to open another bar/restaurant on one of the lake's tributaries. Tin Lizzie's will continue on but with their food, there is plenty opportunity for someone to move in.

Problem with someone taking over the Prop Stop is that Milton was grandfathered in on many issues. The new owner would have to make some wholesale changes in order to come into compliance. Insurance would have to be a nightmare too.

As far as next year, I see Damon having a banner year. I like going there more than most other places anyway. Cold beer, good food and much less attitude than the other places. As always, we'll adapt and make the best of Summer '09.

Just might see you Friday night. I've got to meet the insurance adjuster Saturday between 10:00 and 2:00 (That's really going to screw up my tailgating plans for LSU/MSU) so I may just ride down Friday evening and crash at a friend's place.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw

Man, I don’t like to hear that at all. That sure was a good time! We to have been going for the last 4 or 5 years.... gonna miss it that’s for sure!

Keep me posted if anything comes up.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:35 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Maybe you guy's can talk Crazy Charlie into buying Prop Stop Now that would be exciting
Old 09-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered

Default River Open Yet

Ran Down to Hilltop this past weekend still not open... does anyone know when it will open, and is Tickfaw open, and I hope the propstop pulls through, I met my 2nd and 4th wife there did the ole gummy worm chew up to a kiss

Quick Reply: Tickfaw Rivers Prop Stop Halloween bash….

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.