Latest Desert Storm 09 Info: >

Latest Desert Storm 09 Info:

Notices

Latest Desert Storm 09 Info:

Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Latest Desert Storm 09 Info:

We are negotiating overnight mooring with the city, in the London Bridge Channel for those participants having to remove their boats from the water every night. The proposal as it is now is for three nights maximum of 50 boats. They would be moored on the beach in the channel and tied to mooring rings in the Sea Wall, Island side (west) of the channel, south of the London Bridge. There is no cost and limited to Desert Storm Participants, there will be no addtional security but you can have someone stay overnight in your boats, must be quiet by 11:00 pm. Please email me if you are interested.

Hering Propeller will have an on site prop repair facility in the Conference Center boat and RV show at the Nautical. See attached flyer.

Enchantment Helicopters will be doing charity rides around the event for $40.00 per person with a portion going to DS charities. Contact Debbie Richardson for info. Also to arrange private aerial boat photo sessions. Phone number -- (602) 690-904

I (Jim) am assigning Poker Run Group Numbers tomorrow, If you register after that, you will be assigned in the last groups. Just a reminder, if that's an issue with anyone. J

There will be two 12 slip docks at the Nautical Resort this year. Please remember these are for event staff and Sponsors. You can drop some off on the dock, but not leave your boat there for any reason. Please don't give my staff a hard time about it, you'll not prevail, they have their instructions J

If you launch at Windor Launch ramp, please be aware, overnight parking for your tow vehicle and trailer must be arranged at time of entry, there is a fee and offenders will be towed. Don't let this happen to you! If you are too large for Windsor or the Marina and a participant of the event staying other that the Nautical. Please let me know to put you on the launch list for the Nautical.

If you need 110 octane fuel or race gas, please email Richie at Lakeland Marine. They are bringing in fuel at their location. [email protected] or Richie Hudson [[email protected]]

Staging for the boats going up to main street on Thursday night will be on McCulloch in front of the Nautical Resort starting at 3:30 pm. Todd Headlee will give you a number and tell you when to move up into place.

Don't forget to download the current schedule from http://www.lakeracerllc.com/ there have been some small changes.
Attached Thumbnails Latest Desert Storm 09 Info:-img_0394.jpg  
Old 04-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Registered

I've recieved several PM's requesting various info from people who are coming to the event for the first time or just need further info.

Feel free to contact me via PM or email with any questions you may have, from where to launch, where to eat, what to do, what to expect, directions, etc.

The mooring ring rental for participants is a new feature this year. If you are interested in obtaining a mooring ring you must remember that these are rings connected to a sea wall that requires you to "beach" your boat on the sandy shoal. If you are interested in one please email Jim Nichols at:

[email protected]

Best,

Tank

Last edited by thisistank; 04-15-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered

Also...The block party scheduled for Thursday night is completely full! Get there early to avoid the crowds.

It appears the economic state of the country has not affected the Desert Storm Poker Run negatively. This years event is set to be bigger and better than the previous years just like always!
Old 04-16-2009, 07:21 AM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eliminator will be at Desert Storm through the following Regatta with a full display of boats...

Old 04-16-2009, 10:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by shueman
Eliminator will be at Desert Storm through the following Regatta with a full display of boats...

Hows Erics boat coming along?