Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!! >

2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!!

Notices

2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bring It To Lake Champlain!!! Bigger Much Better Water, No, Repeat No Hassle. I Bet Gl Would Hold Off On His Southern Adventure To Partake. Lg Can Hold Americade With Loud Bikes And Drunk People, And A National Car Show With Loud Cars And Drunk People. But When The Village Looks Like A Ghost Town They Have The Balls To Chase Away Tens Of Thousands Of Dollars! Most Of The Seasonal Population Has Aready Left For The Season. Makes Perfect Sence To Me? Again Bring It To Lc. You Won't Be Disapointed. Call It A Fun Fall Run. Plenty Of Rooms And Free Docking Availible On Both Sides Of The Lake.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:00 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=Zone 5;2961213]This is why many of us that have/had performance boats got off Lake George. I LOVE the lake. its beautiful. I spent 15 years running on it. BUT the LGPC and all the other agency's are just out of control, backed by the nouve rich that have moved to the lake is the last few years.

Plus 1
Old 09-27-2009, 08:01 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I just sent this out, if anyone thinks of others that need to be cced, let me know...

Bunch of mental midgets on those commissions, no wonder NY state is run so effectively...

Originally Posted by GLH
To:'[email protected]'
Cc: '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'; '[email protected]'

Subject: Cancelling of Regatta Permit issued by the DEC to Poker Run Production LLC for weekend of October 10th 2009

Bruce E. Young, Chairman
Lake George Park Commission
75 Fort George Road, PO Box 749
Lake George, New York 12845

BY EMAIL

Mr. Young,

It is with great regret that I was informed yesterday that your agency had asked to revoke the Regatta Permit issued by the DEC to Poker Run Production LLC for a Poker Run to take place on the Lake weekend of October 10th 2009.

Our team and I have participated in most of these kinds of runs and their different incarnations on Lake George for the past seven years. We participate in multiple Poker Runs around the country every year and have a great time doing so.

Your decision will not affect our enjoyment of these events since I will more than likely send my boat and my crew in another location for that weekend.

A Poker Run weekend as such represents on my end expenses conservatively evaluated at $4,000 to $5,000 of which I can assure you at least 80% goes to the local establishments, namely hotels, restaurants, marinas, souvenir shops & many other local entities.

Seems your actions has deprived the local community of easily $250,000 to $350,000 in spending for what is known as a very calm weekend in your area I have been told. This conservative guess is from our group attending passed events on Lake George where easily 70-80 boats have been present from out of town.

Your area hosts Americade and a national car shows why are you singling out boaters? In these economic times I fail to see the wisdom in your Commission's decision but I am sure you have an ulterior motive that all the businesses who will suffer these losses will greatly appreciate.

As for us rest assure we will go somewhere else far from Lake George and spend those moneys anyway trying to help the country get back on track economically.

Have a great weekend on your sailboat.

Respectfully,

G.L. Harvie, President
Limestone Development LLC, Burlington, VT
Old 09-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

Perfect ! I love it ! Great Job!
Old 09-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well said GLH.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Nice GL

Is there a local paper we can get involved? Maybe to show the locals how this run would have helped many charities and some small business in town stay afloat.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
Nice GL

Is there a local paper we can get involved? Maybe to show the locals how this run would have helped many charities and some small business in town stay afloat.
Ill make sure Post star knows all about this. Un real. What a bunch of putz's.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:49 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by prostock85
Nice GL

I Cced it to the owner and editor of the Post Star as well as the Chamber of Commerce, the mayor of both Bolton Landings and Lake George and some of the Local businesses I knew from the area.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:13 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

For what possible reason would they cancel an event of this size with such short notice?
Old 09-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Platinum Member

I spent $$$ that I would not have spent right now repairing my drive for this event...I'm sure I'm not the only one to have time and money commited to comming to LG. It's hard to believe a few pencil pushers have that much controll of LG's economy...maybe we'll head to Miami for the Columbus Day Regatta....they seem to want our $$$.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.