Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!! >

2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!!

Notices

2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!!

Old 06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kirch
Green Eye,
NICE WORK.

Quick question/favor. As some of you know, Dominick Vetena a.k.a DOMZ on OSO pasted away last week unexpectedly at the age of 42. Dom was a Lake George local boater with a 28' Pantera with twin 496. He leaves behind a 12 year daughter Mia.

Chuck and I were talking last night and Chuck had a great idea that we should try and donate the charity portion of the event to a college fund for Mia. I noticed you didn't mention a charity above, no biggie if there isn't. However, do you think there will be any monies left to support this cause or even do a separate donation at the event. I'll walk around with a jug if a have too. Anything will help and I'm sure Dom will def. appreciate it.

ps. I can only imagine how much time and effort you already have into this event and now I toss a wreck into it. If this is something you think you can support I'll be more than happy to help out, as will Chuck, Sonny, etc.

I can't be reached directly at 518-573-9687.

Here's a link documenting the build of DOM'S boat.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/p...pantera-5.html

Kirch,
That is a heart wrenching story. Makes you realize how lucky we are when things are going good, you know?
Anyway, I have no problem with the donation idea. Here's where we are with that aspect of the event. Since this is the first year of this event in this format, I did not make a specific designation of a charity because, I'm not sure how the money is going to work out. If I turn out upside down on the deal, I don't want to make a commitment that I can't keep. That being said, if we get 100 boats, and things work out according to plan, I first need to make a donation to a local charity, that being the Warren County Food Bank. I already made that commitment to Mayor Blaise. If things turn out really good, we could also make an additional donation to Dom's daughter's college fund. I have no problem with that. I just need to make sure that the money is there. We will already be selling 50/50 raffle tickets for the Warrens County Food Bank on the day of the event.
So, that's how things are stacking up now. If you would like to walk around with a jug, I'm fine with that. If we can do more based on the outcome of the event, I'm open to that too.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Norm
Old 06-22-2009, 07:50 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Thats horrible! I remeber working on his boat last summer
Old 06-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats is really sad to here! I'm sorry for their loss.
He was a nice guy, I hope we all can help somehow.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:22 AM
Registered

Green Eyes,
Glad to hear you're taking the right approach with everything and not promising money to Blaise that might not be there. Anything you can do will be very helpful.

Any chance of maybe setting up a table with a few pixs of Dom and his boat, daughter, etc and have a donation jug there? I can have a few girls take care of it. If that's ok let me know and I'll take it from there.

Sorry for hijacking your thread....... your support is def. appreciated.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kirch
Green Eyes,
Glad to hear you're taking the right approach with everything and not promising money to Blaise that might not be there. Anything you can do will be very helpful.

Any chance of maybe setting up a table with a few pixs of Dom and his boat, daughter, etc and have a donation jug there? I can have a few girls take care of it. If that's ok let me know and I'll take it from there.

Sorry for hijacking your thread....... your support is def. appreciated.
Kirch,
No problem at all. Yes, by all means, feel free to set up a table and collect donations for Dom's family. I'm happy to do what ever I can to help this poor family deal with this dreadful loss.
Norm
Old 06-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about 2, 50-50's, 1 for the food bank and 1 for Mia's college fund? Doug
Old 06-23-2009, 12:12 PM
Registered

Great idea for the donations guys!

I am also willing to donate and help out anyway that we can.

GreenEyes, give me a shout so we can chat. Will you be at Sacandaga this weekend? If so, we can sit down for a few minutes.

Tom
Old 06-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered

another 50/50 is a great idea. However, we need to make sure this won't rub Blaise the wrong way as it was part of Norm's deal that it would go to a local charity. I don't want to step on the wrong toes and pi$$ anyone off. Norm has a lot of hardwork into this and I'd hate to tread on it. Anyway, as you all know this is for a great cause as well and it shouldn't be an issue. Norm, thoughts?
Old 06-23-2009, 01:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll throw out another suggestion here. Have a direct fund by mail that might actually attract a wider audience here online. I can see how someone might get bent out of shape "perceiving" that their donations are being cut down because there's now two. To avoid that misconception, offer a name and address as to where to mail checks to. Keep up a list here online in a separate thread to keep the interest going, and to make people aware of how much they're helping.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MahopacMarine
Great idea for the donations guys!

I am also willing to donate and help out anyway that we can.

GreenEyes, give me a shout so we can chat. Will you be at Sacandaga this weekend? If so, we can sit down for a few minutes.

Tom
Tom,
Yes, I'll be at Sacandaga this weekend. I'll look for you so that we can chat.
Norm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.