Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!! >

2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!!

Notices

2009 Lake George Poker Run and High Performance Boat Show - IT'S ON!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by batboat
I'm coming with the batboat

Wecome! Where are you coming from? So far we have New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Vermont represented.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont forget Ontario
Old 09-24-2009, 03:36 PM
Registered

Norm, about the dinner buffet tickets, if someone else decides last minute to come up, will dinner tickets be available the day of? I have some people on the fence about coming or not and don't want to prepay for tickets I may not use.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Green Eyes
Wecome! Where are you coming from? So far we have New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Vermont represented.
and Ontario!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
Norm, about the dinner buffet tickets, if someone else decides last minute to come up, will dinner tickets be available the day of? I have some people on the fence about coming or not and don't want to prepay for tickets I may not use.
I spoke to Kevin at King Neptune's about this. I'll tell you, those guys are great to work with. The contract says that I have to "guarantee a final head count 2 weeks in advance of the event." However, Kevin said today that they'll do everything they can to be flexible and work with us. Realistically, that means that we can probably add people upto 4 days in advance of the event but they'd like a pretty good estimate a week before. I think that's fair.

By the way, the menu for the buffet is:
Carved Roost Beef
Roosted potatoes
Seasonal vegetables
Sausage Marinara served over penne pasta
Chicken Alfredo served over penne pasta
Garden Salad
Rolls and Butter
Dessert
Old 09-24-2009, 06:36 PM
Registered

Will shirts be available for purchase at the event? G/f isn't sure whether she wants a ladies or mens shirt.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

We are in!!! The boat is dialed pretty well just going to make a gear change and GO FOR IT!!!!!! So count us in. Give me a call Norm when you have a min.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
Will shirts be available for purchase at the event? G/f isn't sure whether she wants a ladies or mens shirt.
Yes, they'll be some at the registration table but not many. The shirts have this years date and sponsors on them so I didn't order a bunch of extras.
Old 09-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered

Default EVENT CANCELLED - All registration fees and Sponsor Money will be refunded in FULL

Yesterday I was informed by the Lake George Park Commission (LGPC), that they had filed a request with the NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation (DEC) to revoke the regatta permit for this event. The permit was issued by the DEC on June 1, 2009 without objection by the LGPC. They are now requesting that it be revoked due to "safety, navigational, recreational and environmental concerns". Although the LGPC had reviewed the permit application in May and requested modifications which were then incorporated into a modified application, they've now decided to seek to revoke the permit just 2 weeks before the event was scheduled to take place.
I cannot apologize to everyone who registered and our sponsors enough. I have to say that I didn't see this coming. On June 12th a meeting was held with representatives from the LGPC followed by various telephone conversations and personal meetings as well. I have known all along that the LGPC was difficult to work with. I had been warned by many people. However, I thought that in working with them throughout the process, we had established a reasonable working relationship. Obviously I was misled.
Not only did they not agree to increase the speed limit for the event, they have now also removed the exemption for the "noise limits" and requested that the permit itself be revoked.
ALL REGISTRATION FEES AND SPONSOR FEES WILL BE REFUNDED IN FULL. All checks will refunded or returned this week.
I intend to appeal this action vigorously. However, in the meantime, I think that's it's only fair to return everyone's money.
The Fort William Henry has agreed to refund all deposits and payments in full as well due to this arbitrary action by the LGPC.
THERE IS NO EVENT! Please do not just "show up". If so, it will be condsidered an illegal gathering and I can guarantee you that the LGPC will be there in full force to ticket as many people as they can for so sound, noise, speed and anything else that they can think of.
Again, I apologize. If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call at 518-312-7478.
Norm
Old 09-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Registered

Wow! That sucks! Was looking forward to coming up there! Keep us posted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.