Notices

Emerald Coast Poker Run

Old 07-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Emerald Coast Poker Run

Thinking about doing my first poker run,and looks like it would be the Emerald Coast run. Would like to know how everyone rates the run and is it worth a 7 hour drive.Would it be a good first run to do?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the best ones out there. Well worth the drive
Old 07-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boating37
Thinking about doing my first poker run,and looks like it would be the Emerald Coast run. Would like to know how everyone rates the run and is it worth a 7 hour drive.Would it be a good first run to do?
All aspects of it are first class. We attend every year and don't plan to miss anytime soon! From the way the pr is put together, to the scenery to the amount of beautiful hardware, I'm sure it rates up there with the top pr's in the country. You won't be disappointed.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:12 PM
Registered

Great run. Went last year for the first time and had a great time. Enjoyed it enough that on the way out of town we booked the house again for this year. Make sure you stay till Monday so you can enjoy the Crab Island party on Sunday.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Registered

Never have done the run but we have been going since 2005. Can't wait for this year! We gonna head out early Thurdsay morning (8/13) and will come back on Monday. One month away WOOHOO!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:20 AM
Registered

I agree with croozin, one of the best trips I make! The scenery and the people are awsome. I never do the run, just hang on the point and at crab island, and the ocasional run to get lunch. Deffinatley recommended.
Croozin, you gonna have Wild 1 ready for the Emerald Coast?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fast22
I agree with croozin, one of the best trips I make! The scenery and the people are awsome. I never do the run, just hang on the point and at crab island, and the ocasional run to get lunch. Deffinatley recommended.
Croozin, you gonna have Wild 1 ready for the Emerald Coast?
Keeping my fingers crossed. Still haven't been able to really put any hours on it to be sure the oil leaks are gone. I'm hoping to get out there this weekend and run it a little. We'll see. It should be fine but it just has me a little nervous now. Seems like every weekend something else takes a dump. Gotta pull the GPS and send it back to Garmin. And, the compass started leaking fluid into the cabin on the interior. This boating season has really sucked from the beginning.

I'll be there regardless of whether the boat is ready. That's my only vacation for the foreseeable future. I'm not missing that trip!!
Old 07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Registered

We'll see ya there!
Old 07-14-2009, 03:09 PM
Registered

Only about a month to do, can't wait. Gotta do some trailer maintenance before then though. Hope to meet a few more people this year, spent too much time drinking and boat riding last year.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Last year was our first and we had a very large time. Went in blind on a Cape Horn 17 and still had a blast! Burned a total of 5 gallons of gas idleing in and out of the harbor all weekend! Looking forward to taking the Donzi this year. Leaving Thursday morning and ain't looking back till monday! Booked at Harbor Landing this year on recommendations from last years thread....Hope to meet some of you guys there. I'm in a small boat (compared to the rest) but hopefully recognizable!

Little shot from Crab Island @ Billy Bowlegs in June

Last edited by JustMercMe; 07-14-2009 at 03:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.