When is the next Poker Run at Cumberland

Notices

When is the next Poker Run at Cumberland

Old 01-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by stevewy
1) Does Conley also have a water taxi?
2) What time on Fri/Sat does the taxi stop running?
3) How far is Conley from Statedock?
4) Should we stay at Conley or a cove (Harmon Creek)?
5)If we stay at Harmon Creek, I would need enough space to tie up the houseboat and attach my Powerquest. Is that possible?
6) Will I be able to get the Powerquest out, to go watch the run and visit other coves, or will I be too jammed in?

Anything else I need to know? Thanks again to all, this is very helpful
1 No
2 State Dock runs the taxi to and from Jamestown only
3 44 miles ( eternity in a houseboat)
4 cove but don't make it Harmon unless you want to party nonstop. I love to visit harmon but I would not want to tie there.
5 Yes
6 Yes you can get out
I work outside on my farm every day and have an immune system most would be jealous of but I would not swim in that pee pool for more than just a few minutes. Trust me these houseboats do NOT have holding tanks and when you put that many in one spot for a weekend it gets ugly. Find a spot close by ( inside a few mile radius) and tie up the houseboat then you're free to run around in the PQ. Just my 2 cents and I've been going there for years.

Last edited by boatfreak; 01-27-2010 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamestown water taxi runs until about midnight-01:00 hrs. on fri. night and about 02:00-03:00 hrs. sat. night. If you want to party all weekend (day & night) tie off in Harmon creek. I will be tuff to get in and out during peak party hours. deep in Harmon Creek but can be done, You just have to be careful of drunk swimmers in the water who don't move very fast out of the way. If you tie up other than harmon creek be aware it can get dark at night and easy to get lost. The party at State Dock sat. night is a must see thuogh.
Steve
Old 01-27-2010, 02:36 PM
Registered

Sounds great. I'm in! I called today and reserved a houseboat from Conley Bottoms. She told me it was the last one left, and as you know, State Dock doesn't have any. I'm not sure about Jamestown. Myself and 3 buddies are going. We will arrive very early Friday morning, get the houseboat, and take off to get a spot. I'm still not sure, how Saturday will work out. Most likely I'll take the Powerquest to State Dock early Saturday, and stay all night. It can only sleep 2 though........3 if 1 stays on the back bench seat. I'm not sure how we'll get 2 of my buddies back to wherever we are tied up. Obviously, I'm not taking the boat back out on the lake after dark and drinks.

Thanks for all of the advise. The only thing I haven't decided is whether or not to do the run or just watch.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered

Sounds great look us up we will be down on Thursday and stay through Monday.
Steve
Old 01-28-2010, 03:34 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I wish this wasn't like 7 boat trips away.... We are hitting the ozarks for Memorial Day but I can not wait for LC
Old 01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lee's Ford marina has a full service bar and the food is pretty damn good also....you will have plenty of boats running in your 50ish range....it is a fun run....and the saturday night party on the docks is a blast.....hope u enjoy it...
Old 01-31-2010, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Stevewy, with the way the statedock party is on Saturday night your boys will be happy to pass out just about anywhere haha
Old 02-01-2010, 09:47 AM
Registered

Sounds great to me. Is it September yet?
Old 02-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevewy
Sounds great. I'm in! I called today and reserved a houseboat from Conley Bottoms. She told me it was the last one left, and as you know, State Dock doesn't have any.
My wife and I are considering trailering down and doing this run but from reading some of the posts, not sure if there is still lodging available or is it already gone?

For a 1st timer to the lake and coming down to do the run anyone have an idea on how we can do with the least amount of hassle and stress? Feel free to pm if you don't want to post.

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Registered

drejustice
If you are going to be a participant in the poker run you have the option of getting a room at the lodge which is located at the top of the hill. State dock has a shuttle service that runs from the marina to the lodge so you don't have to walk up the steep hill. They also have a nice view of the lake from the restaurant.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.