6th Annual Swamp Run FUN-RUN to benefit Make-A-Wish JULY 2010 >

6th Annual Swamp Run FUN-RUN to benefit Make-A-Wish JULY 2010

Notices

6th Annual Swamp Run FUN-RUN to benefit Make-A-Wish JULY 2010

Old 06-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6th Annual Swamp Run FUN-RUN to benefit Make-A-Wish JULY 2010

Call Nolan or Mike or contact us via Email ([email protected]) for details. This year will be like years past, we will be raising Money for Make-A-Wish. If you would like info and an invite please contact us. Thank You for your continued support of this run, and Make-A-Wish, and the children involved with the foundation. One of our local bars on the lake tried last year to "Renegade" this run in favor of financial gains of it's own, instead of helping the kids and supporting the cause. This is not a dig at anyone or the business, but in fact a REAL fund raiser for a special cause that many people hold very dear to themselves, especially if you have ever been personally impacted by the special foundation. If we could all work together and put personal differences aside we could have that much more of an impact and raise that much more for someone not as fortunate.
We have been asked, as well as persuaded to host this event for the 6th year by many of our supporters, sponsors, and many people who have never attended that would like the opportunity to attend. This is a run for FUN and to RAISE money for a GREAT CAUSE. This is a friendly social gathering of people to enjoy a great sport that we all love and enjoy and are fortunate enough to enjoy, and hopefully will brighten a youngsters day that may not be as fortunate as ourselves or our children.

Last Year we raised $5100.00, Enough to grant a child's wish,

Thank You
Nolan Ferris and Mike Cullen
and all of our supporters!!
Attached Thumbnails 6th Annual Swamp Run FUN-RUN to benefit Make-A-Wish JULY 2010-make-wish09.jpg  
Old 06-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Registered

Here is a link for some pics from last year,

http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...n/Swamp%20Run/
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Registered

Hey Nolan! What’s your thoughts on having TOB involved in one way or another??? Just thinking it would be great to get everyone together for a great day on the lake and raise some $$ for a great charity. Let me know your thoughts...I am more then willing to help out by getting donations and whatever help may be needed the day of. Just a thought!

JJ
Old 06-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by deuce
Hey Nolan! What’s your thoughts on having TOB involved in one way or another??? Just thinking it would be great to get everyone together for a great day on the lake and raise some $$ for a great charity. Let me know your thoughts...I am more then willing to help out by getting donations and whatever help may be needed the day of. Just a thought!

JJ
I appreciate your thoughts and willingness to help, and you can never get enough helping hands and never enough ideas, however I'm sure many can already guess my personal opinion on "The Old BoatHouse" involvement, But this is not a personal but business decision just like my involvement with the Creation, operation, and establishment of "The Old BoatHouse". Now in my mind it's not could? "The Old BoatHouse" be involved but should? "The Old BoatHouse" be involved?? Now I created this run over 5 years ago and has since been an annual thing, and for the last 5 going on 6 years, I have had help from many many people in the creation, growth, and success of this run to what it has evolved to today, not to mention Mike aka:Sissy's help for the last 4 years for all of our events. Last year was out 5th year doing this run on (the saturday before pirates weekend), and "The Old BoatHouse" took it upon themselves to create the "F*ck Nolan Renegade Run" on the same day as the Swamp Run, And have the same thing planned for this year. I understand the need for "The Old BoatHouse" to create events to attract business. However there are 365 days in a year, 1 day out of the 365 I choose to do a run annually to support a great cause/foundation that has existed on this day on this lake(the saturday before pirates weekend) for the last 5 years, you would think that one could put aside the thought of financial business gain in turn for supporting a GREAT CAUSE for one day. The Now sole owner of "The Old Boathouse" and myself have many differences between ourselves, but by tiring to cast a negative shadow on this day 2 years in a row really does not sit well with myself. This run is for FUN, and SUPPORT of some youngsters that are not as fortunate and yourself or myself, as well as a meeting of new and old friends that enjoy the same great sport, and at the same time, give back to others. I would love to hear opinions on this subject from anyone, and all feedback will be taken into consideration. I am not completely closed minded on this subject but there really needs to be some positive to their involvement. Maybe I should post a poll???? On another note I appreciate your thought and care JJ, but why hasn't the "Owner" of The Old BoatHouse contacted us??? I'm sure he knows how to do so.

Thank you everyone, I anticipate some input.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Registered

Im definitely in for this year, missed out last year. I emailed you regarding getting some info on it. Met you guys last summer at the shaggy benefit you had on the canal wall. Good time for sure!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by generalee31184
Im definitely in for this year, missed out last year. I emailed you regarding getting some info on it. Met you guys last summer at the shaggy benefit you had on the canal wall. Good time for sure!
Yup got your email this am, just waiting for a couple of definate anwsers from some business owners then I will shoot ya an email, feel free to call me 315 952 6729. Thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Looking forward to details getting finalized as we plan to attend again to support a deserving and worthwhile cause.

Everything considered, it all comes down to right vs. wrong, good vs. bad, etc.etc. .
Supporting an event that benefits a great charity such as Make-A-Wish is the right thing to do.
Choosing not to participate for whatever reason is a matter of personal choice and that is fine.
Making deliberate attempts to reduce participation and in turn diminish the level of donation from a charitable event is just wrong.

In the words of one ball-busting MC/auctioneer at another great event, "Come on man......it's for the kids !"
Old 06-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Registered

Kelly O, Can't wait to see, or better yet ride in that new boat of yours.....

Holy Cow ......I BET!
Old 06-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Registered

FYI there will not be another run that day, also the deal last year was more so on the boaters not TOB....my thoughts are just to put everything aside and say a quick prayer for some nice weather JULY 31st!!

Whatever you decide just keep me in the loop! I'm willing to help out either way.....r u guys doing A-Bay next weekend?? We brought the Sandler up Memorial weekend and despite the low water we had no problem, stayed @ boat house one @ Bonnie.

JJ
Old 06-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Registered

Just to let everyone kmow The Old Boathouse had nothing to do with the other run that happened on the same day. The only thing i had to do with was let the boaters have a place to come since some of them felt they had been wronged by Nolan a few weeks before on another poker run he hosted. We did not take away from the children cause all the boaters and patrons of the bar and the bar itself donated to the charity also. They chose to donate themselves instead of participating in the run. I am not gonna get into this online but had to state some facts for all to know. As for the poker run we had sceduled we have decided to change it so it does not conflict with this run. Hope everyone has a fun safe day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.