Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
June 25th - Pirate Run - 2011 >

June 25th - Pirate Run - 2011

Notices

June 25th - Pirate Run - 2011

Old 06-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bill, we called Bob.......The pirate gear is dusted off and ready to go.

Last edited by nitrousnolan; 06-05-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Registered

Had a few free minutes at the shop today so we got the "Special Fuel" cooler out and blew the dust off. We are ready for whatever you have Pres!!!!!

Last edited by nitrousnolan; 06-03-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Registered

Default Canceled my rooms

He guys, I just got off the phone with John at the ShowBoat, I canceled my two rooms at 6:15pm today so if anybody wants them call up there quick.

Have fun on the run and be careful on those crazy coolers, somebody could skin a knee. LOL !!!

Morgan Haak
Sutphen Powerboats
Old 06-04-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

Anybody else have Showboat charge there credit card last night for room reservations? Just wondering seeing that I made the reservations at last years event.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinny
Anybody else have Showboat charge there credit card last night for room reservations? Just wondering seeing that I made the reservations at last years event.
After calling them 4 times I got a call back yesterday AM to verify my reservations for our rooms. Nothing about a charge though.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nitrousnolan
After calling them 4 times I got a call back yesterday AM to verify my reservations for our rooms. Nothing about a charge though.
sounds like showboat is having some issues
Old 06-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 88242LS
sounds like showboat is having some issues

Maybe they have some issues. Maybe they don't prioritize a call back to someone with a history of cancelling rooms right before an event.

Truth be told, this run is held at a location completely unique to any other NY Poker Run. The event headquarters, start/finish, hotels, etc. are ON THE WATER. You walk to everything when you are not boating. A whole neighborhood gets taken over by poker runners who love to have a good time.

Want 5 star service and accomodations ? Go run PRA's events. Enjoy your bloody mary brunch Sunday.

Want to have a great time actually socializing with all the participants and enjoying a complete experience that is unmatched by few other events ? Come to the Pirate Run.
Way more fun per dollar than any other event PERIOD.

Come support the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Race some coolers Friday night. Party into the night while looking over the boats at the docks. Enjoy a great run Saturday. Cheer for your favorite Sexy Wench during the judging. Laugh as top card hands draw their final cards and experience the agony of defeat. Marvel as a charity auction turns into a WWE atmosphere due to the competitive bidding. Party again on the docks talking with your new friends you made over the past day and night. Sunday awake to the scene of the crimes, so peaceful, until the boat engines fire again for fly-byes and loading.

You have to experience this event to appreciate it.
Thanks to all who support this event and its mission, great people having a great time. See you in a few weeks.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

Hope you don't believe I have canceled rooms the night before because I never have, one year we had rooms reserved and didn't come, so we gave our reservations to friends and not only did I still pay for the rooms but the showboat charged our friends a fee because they were a different name then mine after I had spoke with the showboat and made sure that this was ok with them 2 weeks in advance.

As far as the run and it being a TRUE GOOD TIME no PRESSURE for a GREAT CAUSE without the PRA Expense I totally agree. This run is a fantastic time and for a great cause and how you summed it up Kelly O is exactly what it is. I realize nothing is perfect in this world for sure, but I get worried when I have to chase someone that I'm willing to pay for a service or product to get them to commit to me or take my money???? I would hope that the Showboat and the Dockmaster would not only want to make money but also go out of their way to entice new participants and take care of the repeat players to help the cause and event at hand to continue to grow and flourish each year. This event is ONE of my favorite Runs I have ever been on, and do not have a single negative come to mind when I think of it. But this year has been a feat just to make plans with the hotel and docks, maybe I just have had bad luck or timing with each of them but I'm a person that plans in advance as well as pays and wants to be sure that I'm not going to get there and have a surprise . It appears everything is working out and the run will be here before everyone knows it. This year I am bringing a helmet cause that rain in 09 still makes my eyes hurt every time I see the pics but even in the rain it was one of the best times I've had on a run HANDS DOWN!!!!

For everyone involved keep up the great work as well as supporting a great cause !!!! A+
Old 06-05-2011, 10:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rssteiny
WE NEED TO PERK UP AND START POSTING TO KEEP THE PIRATES RUN ON THE TOP OF THE FIRST PAGE AFTER ALL IT IS LESS THAN 5 WEEKS TILL PIRATES RUN AND PARTY TIME
3 Weeks and counting! These "Home Town" events are what it is all about!!! Like Kelly said this is a True Meet New Friends, Kick back and kick it up at the same time event, bench race after the run with the best of them,***AFFORDABLE***, NO PRESSURE weather you run 50 or 150 everyone is there for the same reason.......TO HAVE FUN and HELP A GREAT CAUSE at a safe and controlled event!!!!!!!!
Old 06-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Registered

2009 Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.