Lake Powell Challenge, Sept. 17, 2011 >

Lake Powell Challenge, Sept. 17, 2011

Notices

Lake Powell Challenge, Sept. 17, 2011

Old 02-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Powell Challenge, Sept. 17, 2011

Antelope Point Marina is making Lake Powell a must do Poker Run destination. This year's Lake Powell Challenge includes an 80+ mile leg up Glen Canyon--extremely fast water and beyond description scenery. Anybody in the west--Phoenix, Albuquerque, Vegas, Havasu, Denver/Grand Jct, SLC/Utah, even So. Cal --- this is a run you don't want to miss. If you have never been to Lake Powell--this is a great chance to check it out--you will be awe struck!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 02-05-2011, 04:56 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

The most beautiful lake I have ever been on. It's breathtaking!
Jay
Old 02-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I may have to take my family to this Poker Run event! What a great destination! I'll bet there aren't too many other boaters around in September either, correct?

How many boats did you have this past year?

Devin
Old 02-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Registered

Default Lake Powell Challenge

There has only been the one "on the water" poker run--that was 2010 --2009 was a road rally type of thing. Last year there was about 40 boats, they are hoping to attract 100 boats ths year. Last year the course was only around Antelope Island -- this year they added a 40+ mile leg up Glen Canyon to the unique "Dangling Rope Marina", which is only accessible by water. Some very fast an very scenic stretches along the way. Come one come all!
Old 02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered

I've been there in September and no there are not many boats out but the temps are still in the upper 80s. It's awesome to have an entire cove to yourself.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:43 PM
Registered

The weather is spectacular in September, 80's-low 90's; Water temp is 80+. Last year was perfect. I got a bunch of helicopter photos--great coverage. I'm told the same will happen in 2011. I'll get some posted soon. The kicker this year is the 80+ mile up and back to Dangling Rope. There is no other place on the planet like this.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wahweap
...I got a bunch of helicopter photos--great coverage. I'm told the same will happen in 2011. I'll get some posted soon...
Wahweap,

How did you get pictures? I waited and waited for pictures or a video but never saw anything. I was hpoing they'd at least post a video from the helicopter.

My son and I were in the 22' Donzi. Are you the Fountain owner we talked to at the dock after the run?

We should be back again in 2011.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Never Enuff
Gold Member

Never put yourself in a position that you have to buy beer at Dangling Rope! Their ice cream cones are great though!
Jay
Old 03-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Registered

RickSE:
Call or e-mail Debbie Bushey ([email protected]) she is the "special events" person at Antelope Point. She has the photos. It certainly may have been me you talked with. I have the "Stepped Up" 42 Fountain. I'm frequently down there from Memorial weeked through October--let me know when you'll be there we can hook up again. 2011 is going to be a great "Lake Powell Challenge"

Advice for anyone boating on Lake Powell--buy your beer in Arizona! Only desperation purchases at Dangling Rope!