Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011 >

SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011

Notices

SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011

Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some pics I took while walking with Zach on the docks showing him boats. A HUGE thanks to everyone that took the time and allowed us to board their boats and put a smile on Zach's face. I think Zach had better "Sea Legs" then I do and he had never been on a boat before. Enjoy these and check out his SMILE!!!

Then Zach showed Joe what he was doing wrong, and taught him the proper way to play!!
Old 07-31-2011, 09:45 PM
Registered

First things first we must say thank you to all of you who attended the event and all of those sponsors that made this event possible. My hat goes off to all of you that helped raise money for this young boy. It was a great weekend all around. Great people, great weather some good water and amazing boats. It was nice meeting some of the new boaters that came to our lake for the first time and seeing everyone that has been attending this event from day one. This run has been getting bigger every year and the work load gets a little taller every year, but regardless of how much work it is seeing that young boys smile was absolutely amazing. Again we want to say thank you to all that attended and to all that helped sponsor the event. We look forward to seeing you all again next year.

Mike
Old 08-01-2011, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Nolan and Mike deserve all the credit for bringing together such a fun group of people supporting a very worthy cause. Awesome event that leaves a warm feeling of accomplishment at the end of a great day of boating. This event will continue to grow as more discover its rewards.

Great to spend time with participants and pass the whole day laughing while swapping and creating boating adventure stories. Nicer than the boats in attendence were the people behind the steering wheels.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Registered
VIP Member

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/...obilly/210.jpg
Old 08-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Boy, that felt good!

Ok after missing out on the water laden debotury that these events consistently catalyze for 2 years, I was finally able to indulge and re-ignite what was just a flicker of a dull memory of how much fun these events actually are.

....and while I certainly don't invest the time that KellyO does in spit shining his rig with a toothbrush and dental floss, it is a ton of work preparing to attend these events, especially when you add in the need to negotiate a 12hr pass from my beautfiul, yet very strong-willed Sicilian, and vindictive bride.....but it was absolutely worth it.

Let me start by saying......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that felt good. I liken it to the relief I felt after the 3 week sentence of no-sex my bride gave my after my last trip to havasu was lifted. If I smoked, I'd need a pack of cigmoes right now.

I also need to echo the sentiments expressed so far for Sissy, Nolan and their posse's effors to put on such a quality event for us narcocists to enjoy, all while helping others. With the exception of me witnessing Nolan's bride-to-be verbally b!tch slapping the snot out of Sissy for leaving his phone in his truck, the entire team seemed to be very calm and have it all under control....like a well oiled machine. For the record Nolan, I hope you never leave your phone in the truck after you say "I do", if so you may need therapy after the abuse you're going to undertake.

So, it's no secret that I have recently espoused some "minor" yet constructive criticism about our beloved, has-been, used-to-be, fender b!tch, now wanna-be, Poker Run Icon - Chuck's recent vessel selection. Upon exiting this events registration first thing in the morning, I was walking out with a very soft spoken, yet much larger than my slight 175lb self gentleman. Who, after exchanging good mornings, let me know that he took exception to less than complimentary comments around CC's. Ohhhhh boy. I'm thinking, great...I'm away from poker runs for 2 years and it's going to start by me getting stomped in the parking lot by a CC owner right here in Brewerton NY. Fortunately, he was very good natured, and understood that I was merely emotionally responding to some lame news of a lame friend. The funny thing was, 10 mins prior, my navigator and I were scoping out his hot Spectre at the docks and being a Gelcoat/Fiberglass guy, my Navigator was pining over the paint/gelcoat work on this Spectre. It was a good thing I washed my feet in the morning so that the taste of my foot that early in the moring was at least somewhat pallatable. Carguy08, thanks for being good natured, and we enjoyed lunch with you and your lovely bride.

What I also found amazing was Kelly O's performance at the lunch stop. Kelly blows an IAC on the way into our first stop. Being a Cow Kingpin, which apparently carry's the clout of a mafioso god father in Wester NY, makes one phone call and has the parts shipped to him right at the docks while he eats lunch. Then somehow he draws on one of the McGiver episodes he watched in his adolsence, while the entire poker run regatta waits for him, uses this delivered part, a ball-bearing and one of his brides pink pasties (that beautifully matches her pink, fluffy, bunny-eared tiara btw) to stitch back together his port motor and once again ran 100+.

Had I blown an IAC, I'd still be sitting at Harpoon Eddies bar face down in what's left of a Patron bottle, fantasizing about how I was going to motor-boat the well endowed, yet elegantly tattoed waitress.

It truly was a great time, and I am sorry I wasn't able to stick around and enjoy the Saturday night festivities, but he warden demanded my return.

Thanks to all that welcomed my return. You're a great bunch for sure, and I can't wait to get to another run.

Chuck I sure hope your vagina brazillian waxing appointment with Svelda was worth missing this run. Please post pics of the results so we can enjoy the results too. But, you'll need to post them in the uncensored section for obvious reasons....
Old 08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Adrenaline Junkie
Ok after missing out on the water laden debotury that these events consistently catalyze for 2 years, I was finally able to indulge and re-ignite what was just a flicker of a dull memory of how much fun these events actually are.

....and while I certainly don't invest the time that KellyO does in spit shining his rig with a toothbrush and dental floss, it is a ton of work preparing to attend these events, especially when you add in the need to negotiate a 12hr pass from my beautfiul, yet very strong-willed Sicilian, and vindictive bride.....but it was absolutely worth it.

Let me start by saying......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that felt good. I liken it to the relief I felt after the 3 week sentence of no-sex my bride gave my after my last trip to havasu was lifted. If I smoked, I'd need a pack of cigmoes right now.

I also need to echo the sentiments expressed so far for Sissy, Nolan and their posse's effors to put on such a quality event for us narcocists to enjoy, all while helping others. With the exception of me witnessing Nolan's bride-to-be verbally b!tch slapping the snot out of Sissy for leaving his phone in his truck, the entire team seemed to be very calm and have it all under control....like a well oiled machine. For the record Nolan, I hope you never leave your phone in the truck after you say "I do", if so you may need therapy after the abuse you're going to undertake.

So, it's no secret that I have recently espoused some "minor" yet constructive criticism about our beloved, has-been, used-to-be, fender b!tch, now wanna-be, Poker Run Icon - Chuck's recent vessel selection. Upon exiting this events registration first thing in the morning, I was walking out with a very soft spoken, yet much larger than my slight 175lb self gentleman. Who, after exchanging good mornings, let me know that he took exception to less than complimentary comments around CC's. Ohhhhh boy. I'm thinking, great...I'm away from poker runs for 2 years and it's going to start by me getting stomped in the parking lot by a CC owner right here in Brewerton NY. Fortunately, he was very good natured, and understood that I was merely emotionally responding to some lame news of a lame friend. The funny thing was, 10 mins prior, my navigator and I were scoping out his hot Spectre at the docks and being a Gelcoat/Fiberglass guy, my Navigator was pining over the paint/gelcoat work on this Spectre. It was a good thing I washed my feet in the morning so that the taste of my foot that early in the moring was at least somewhat pallatable. Carguy08, thanks for being good natured, and we enjoyed lunch with you and your lovely bride.

What I also found amazing was Kelly O's performance at the lunch stop. Kelly blows an IAC on the way into our first stop. Being a Cow Kingpin, which apparently carry's the clout of a mafioso god father in Wester NY, makes one phone call and has the parts shipped to him right at the docks while he eats lunch. Then somehow he draws on one of the McGiver episodes he watched in his adolsence, while the entire poker run regatta waits for him, uses this delivered part, a ball-bearing and one of his brides pink pasties (that beautifully matches her pink, fluffy, bunny-eared tiara btw) to stitch back together his port motor and once again ran 100+.

Had I blown an IAC, I'd still be sitting at Harpoon Eddies bar face down in what's left of a Patron bottle, fantasizing about how I was going to motor-boat the well endowed, yet elegantly tattoed waitress.

It truly was a great time, and I am sorry I wasn't able to stick around and enjoy the Saturday night festivities, but he warden demanded my return.

Thanks to all that welcomed my return. You're a great bunch for sure, and I can't wait to get to another run.

Chuck I sure hope your vagina brazillian waxing appointment with Svelda was worth missing this run. Please post pics of the results so we can enjoy the results too. But, you'll need to post them in the uncensored section for obvious reasons....
Darin,
It was certainly great to see you back on the water and hanging out no matter what the cost!

Also,

This has got to be one of the best posts I have ever read!

Thanks,

Tom
Old 08-01-2011, 12:52 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

AJ,

Another great write once again !

Thanks for coming !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-01-2011, 12:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Ok,

For one of the most asked about boats of the weekend !!!

Old 08-01-2011, 12:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Thumbs up

Her smile says it it all !!!

Old 08-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Ok,

For one of the most asked about boats of the weekend !!!

damn appears the water did get a bit rough

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.