SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011 >

SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011

Notices

SWAMP RUN For Make-A-Wish July 30th 2011

Old 08-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks and Props to ALL

Well I really do not know where to start, I could probably go on for quite sometime and make a good amount of typing errors while thanking everyone that made this possible. We could never do this without PARTICIPANTS, SPONSORS, DONATIONS, LOCAL BUSINESS, NEW YORK STATE OFFICIALS, LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT, WOZENCRAFT INSURANCE, AWESOME FLIGHT, TIM SHARKEY, GOOD FRIENDS, AND Make-A-Wish of CNY and everyone reading this that had a hand in this event. The SWAMP RUN 2011 was by far the BEST Swamp Run yet, We had great weather, great help, great participants, and an overall FANTASTIC day on and off the water. On top of all this greatness we were privileged to have "Zach" and his Mom join us. Zach was a Make-A-Wish recipient in 2011 and helped us raise some more money to help out other kids like ZACH, and I believe that someday we will see Zach on TV or in some famous spot light do to the character of this young man. Zach had so much life and sparkle in his eyes he truly gave me more inspiration to help others and makes you realize how good and how often you take your health and life for granted. Each spring when we receive the story of the child or children we help from the previous years event it brings a tear to your eye in a flash, I don't care if your "Dirty Harry" you can't help yourself but to take a step back and really think about things. As much as we all enjoy boating and the fun times, the BS of repairing and working on our "True Loves" that float, the parties, the girls, and the go-fast rush we all get from throwing the sticks down, this is all that much more meaningful when I attend a wish ceremony like we did tonight. Tonight we attended a WISH ceremony at our local Make-A-Wish office and after watching and listening to the WISH stories from families and some of the kids who received wishes it brings a great feeling knowing that all of you and myself will be responsible for granting 1, 2, or even 3 children's wishes that will brighten their day as well as their families day as much as the families that spoke in front of us tonight. This may seem, and maybe a ramble, but until you experience some of these stories first hand it is very hard to explain or express the seriousness and meaning of helping Make-A-Wish and the families involved. On that note I would like to THANK everyone involved and hope to see you and your friends at the 2012 Swamp Run for Make-A-Wish. I will attach some pics below of tonights event as well as a link to a folder that has all the pics in it. We made a deal with Zach, he wanted the "Big Golf Check" that you see pictured so we let him have it but told him that he and his family will need to be present at the 2012 Swamp Run and help us BEAT the 2011 donation....... In Zachs words " No problem because that was the best day of my life".
Thank You and ENJOY the pics.
Nolan

Link: http://s131.photobucket.com/albums/p...n/MAKE-A-WISH/

Old 08-11-2011, 08:50 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Great job to everyone !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered

Default A letter from Zach

Old 08-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered

Default Local News Link from last night.

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/top...wall/?ap=1&MP4
Old 08-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zack was in the video,He is such a nice kid glad we could help.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered

Yes he was, and he was stealing the show again.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Video

http://youtu.be/69g_e2OE-4s

Last edited by NY POWERBOAT INC; 08-15-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:55 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NY POWERBOAT INC
Looks like the card made it back to you ok.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Registered

Was in the mailbox today, Thanks Tim and I can't wait to see your video you create
Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Registered

Very nice, a BIG CONGRATS to all involved. We will make it next year for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.