Notices

Gas Prices!

Old 02-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I intend to do 4 Poker Runs & Race Around Long Island , I want to run my boat... do I give a damn about gas prices, hell no !!! I'll be dead a long time , and the 2 kids have graduated from college ! "HIGH LIFE"
Old 02-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered

I'm not exactly made of money, but compared to how much I've dumped into my rig, what's the difference if a tank-up costs $850 at the current prices, or $1200 at $5/gal? I'll still be pouring more money into just driving my 1/2-ton daily driver around to work every year than I'll probably spend in fuel for the boat.

Besides, I don't like the waterways being packed with fools anyway. I'd rather just have the folks out that really want to be there, take pride in their rigs, and are willing to pay for it.

I can't stand golf, but I'm now old enough now (34) to get why people pay $30,000 or more a year to belong to a club where they can walk around on grass without being bothered. Other folks take $10-20k vacations. I think that puts a few grand for boat gas in perspective, if that's what you do for fun.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:23 PM
Registered

Received 598 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Velocity Vector
Oil is purchased around the world in US dollars. If you’re from Japan, you must by US dollars with your Yen before you can purchase a barrel of crude oil. In other words, no matter where you come from, before you can buy oil, you must exchange your currency for the US dollar.

Consider this: what if your currency (the Yen, for example) began to strengthen against the dollar? Naturally, because oil is traded in dollars, it would now be cheaper for you to purchase a barrel of oil simply because of exchange rates.

That’s exactly what is happening right now! So what do foreign investors do? With an improving world economy, a growing need for oil, and a weak US dollar, investors are buying oil! And this kind of speculation is driving up the costs of crude oil.

I expect Crude to go up to the $150.00-$175.00 per Barrel mark in the next 3-5 years. And yes stock up on Beans/Rice/Ammo you might not need it but if you do need it's there and buy energy stocks! I deal with major oil companies every day and work for the largest oilfield service company in the world and would not blow spoke up your A$$.

SLB Schlumberger. 92.85 +3.20 3.57% I just love my discounted stock purchase plan. Up close to $30.00 a share from last year at this time.

Can't wait for boating season hope you all have a safe year.
There is no way the U.S. Economy will sustain those prices
in the next couple years. Do i doubt they are coming? No But no way are fragile economy right now can take it.

We fall everyone else follows.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 598 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by tcelano
I'm not exactly made of money, but compared to how much I've dumped into my rig, what's the difference if a tank-up costs $850 at the current prices, or $1200 at $5/gal? I'll still be pouring more money into just driving my 1/2-ton daily driver around to work every year than I'll probably spend in fuel for the boat.

Besides, I don't like the waterways being packed with fools anyway. I'd rather just have the folks out that really want to be there, take pride in their rigs, and are willing to pay for it.

I can't stand golf, but I'm now old enough now (34) to get why people pay $30,000 or more a year to belong to a club where they can walk around on grass without being bothered. Other folks take $10-20k vacations. I think that puts a few grand for boat gas in perspective, if that's what you do for fun.
i know there is many that have this train of thought of
phuck it i spent 30 thousand on Blower motors and dammit i am going to have fun.

But there is many others in the boating world and i would say the majority who after fuel increases 30 to 40 percent will say .
Sorry kids boating was fun but a roof and food is the practical answer.

And there lies the problem of maintaining a sustainable industry in the marine environment.

And i have seen many of the blow 30 to 50 thousand on engines a year guys disappear overnight also .Not only because of fuel but the economy also.

Marinas used to be backed up 2 to 4 years here .Now they have plowed 50 percent of them and there is still a 10 to 40 percent vacancy in many of them..

It's mind boggling to me about where the hell did all the boats go . Overseas?

Life can be good ,but damn it can turn to chit in a heartbeat.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The price just keeps going up! It's starting to get scary.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Expensive Date;3336153[B]]Oil will pull back shortly,no one cares about Lybia.[/B]The whole run up was in fear of a revolt in Saudi,this is very unlikely.Margin amounts were raised yesterday for oil trades so the market is expecting a pull back

how'd that work out for ya ???
Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerrunner42
The sad part is it has more to do with Wall Street than OPEC. The oil speculation on the American market says it has a lot to do with Libya... They dont even contribute that much but we are going to start tapping into our reserves!

Again, Wall Street is fu$%#g main street - imagine that!
Old 03-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerrunner42
so what are you filling up thats got you soooooooo scared ???????
Old 03-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by tcelano

Old 03-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing163.1;3344138]
Originally Posted by Expensive Date;3336153[B
]Oil will pull back shortly,no one cares about Lybia.[/B]The whole run up was in fear of a revolt in Saudi,this is very unlikely.Margin amounts were raised yesterday for oil trades so the market is expecting a pull back

how'd that work out for ya ???

Ok for me,might have sold a little to early but when I have 38% in 6 months I take my profit.I still feel oil will pull back but we will see.Been trading VLO getting some decent swings.Not enough to get me one of those big indoor cement ponds but I am working on it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.