Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Music City Powerboat Association Fun Run, Nashville, TN July 22 & 23 >

Music City Powerboat Association Fun Run, Nashville, TN July 22 & 23

Notices

Music City Powerboat Association Fun Run, Nashville, TN July 22 & 23

Old 07-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that just makes things easier for us to decide if we are going or not. No muffs for us, I guess we are going to sit this one out. Does the same apply for the River Rally on the 16th?? We are leaving Thur night or Fri morning with 2 boats and neither have muffs. ALready reg'ed for that run.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mykalvballer
Well that just makes things easier for us to decide if we are going or not. No muffs for us, I guess we are going to sit this one out. Does the same apply for the River Rally on the 16th?? We are leaving Thur night or Fri morning with 2 boats and neither have muffs. ALready reg'ed for that run.
Sorry to be a buzz-kill. We have never had a citation issued for noise that I am aware of, but the TWRA made a specific point of calling out the noise regulations when they issued our event permit. It was only fair to let everyone know this as soon as we got their letter. They also stated that no officers are being specifically assigned to monitor this event. I can't speak for Knoxville.

RP
Old 07-13-2011, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rubadub
Sorry to be a buzz-kill. We have never had a citation issued for noise that I am aware of, but the TWRA made a specific point of calling out the noise regulations when they issued our event permit. It was only fair to let everyone know this as soon as we got their letter. They also stated that no officers are being specifically assigned to monitor this event. I can't speak for Knoxville.

RP
I have got permit in hand for Knoxville. No restrictions, no specific requirements. I have a call into Office Andy Collins with TWRA to discuss the issue. There is a TWRA statement regarding noise as rp has identified, however it goes on to state that "Engines of all motorized vessels must have an effective muffling system. The noise level of any motorized vessel may not exceed 86 decibels at 50 feet or more. [B]Manufacturers may not sell vessels which do not meet the noise level requirements[/B]."
Only thing we have had issue with as far as tickets in the past would be a new boat without registration, no current bill of sale, no life jackets and waked the marina when coming in too hot! and not obeying the posted no wake zones! In my book those are pretty easy rules to follow.

So, load up the boat and come on!
I also noticed that TWRA has the Wear It Tennessee campaign going on for Ole Hickory during the Nashville. That is the campaign for everyone to wear a life jacket or have an inflatable belt on. Although, it is not the law, TWRA is pushing for everyone, to wear a life jacket while boating.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Registered

Hey everyone, I did not want to hi-jack this thread but due to the latest activity I wanted to post this info regarding the noise/exhaust. As far as Tennessee River Rally Poker Run in the Knoxville Area, I just finished up a phone conversation with one of our area TWRA officers. We have worked with these guys every year for the last 8 years, and basically it comes down to this: "SAFETY FIRST" obey the laws. We have our approved marine event permit, and from the officers point that we will run our event, as we have in the last 8 years.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TnRiverRunner
Hey everyone, I did not want to hi-jack this thread but due to the latest activity I wanted to post this info regarding the noise/exhaust. As far as Tennessee River Rally Poker Run in the Knoxville Area, I just finished up a phone conversation with one of our area TWRA officers. We have worked with these guys every year for the last 8 years, and basically it comes down to this: "SAFETY FIRST" obey the laws. We have our approved marine event permit, and from the officers point that we will run our event, as we have in the last 8 years.
No worries, and thanks for chiming in. More than ever, performance boaters need to coordinate to protect our sport from the minority who complain. The Nashville group also believes that SAFETY is also the #1 priority of our local authorities. Attendance is up every year and the boats get faster. It is only natural that they are concerned with safety. They know as well as we do that the area lakes have many PWC and recreational boat operators that operate oblivious of their surroundings and the rules of the road. Unless someone gets stopped for a serious safety related infraction, it is unlikely that they will be out there with Db meters in hand looking for noise violations.

Here is to everyone having a great time in Knoxville this weekend, and we look forward to seeing you in Nashville next weekend.

All the best,

RP
Old 07-19-2011, 08:55 AM
Registered

Hope you guys are ready! We just wrapped up the 3rd leg of the Poker Run Tour with the Tennessee River Rally! From Reading other posts looks like alot of the guys are heading your way!!

Mike C
Old 07-19-2011, 10:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TnRiverRunner
Hope you guys are ready! We just wrapped up the 3rd leg of the Poker Run Tour with the Tennessee River Rally! From Reading other posts looks like alot of the guys are heading your way!!

Mike C
We are primed and ready Mike! This is the 4th and final stop of the first annual 2011 Poker Run Tour. It looks we will have a great turn out judging from the number of emails, phone calls, messages and posts. See you soon.

Ralph
Old 07-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we are headed out friday .
Old 07-20-2011, 03:11 PM
Registered

Default Important Updates - Please Read

Here are some important updates to this weekend’s run including the start format:

The Friday, July 22nd run to downtown Nashville for lunch at Joe’s Crab Shack. Meet in the milling area around the Old Hickory Lock and Dam. We may have to lock through in 2 groups. I suggest 9:30 to 10:00 for the first group and 11:00 for the second. The first group will go as soon as 15 or 20 boats are gathered. This will allow a second large group to go through, and everyone can make it in time. The local crews know the drill.

There will be a drivers’ meeting at 6:30 pm at Anchor High Grill and Marina on Friday July 22 during the registration and welcome reception. Please plan to attend if at all possible.

IMPORTANT: There will be no group meeting or breakfast at Anchor High on Saturday morning. See below for an explanation.

The start format has been changed to eliminate the shotgun start. This year, all stops open at 10:30 am on Saturday morning and you are free to leave from the location of your choosing at any time if you registered on Friday. Information on the stop locations will be included in the registration package.

A registration table will also be set up at Anchor High on Saturday morning, open at 8:00 am, for those who get in too late on Friday. You are free to leave for your first stop after registration.

The raft up in Drake’s Creek and the awards party at the VFW remain as originally planned.

Saturday’s changes are to comply with the terms set forth by the Tennessee Wildlife resource agency and the United States Army Corps of Engineers.

Safe travels everyone. We'll see you in the Music City for the 4th and final stop on the 2011 Poker Run Tour soon!

RP

Last edited by rubadub; 07-21-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Updated Lock times.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

Just read about the changes sat. will anyone be around 10.30- 11.00 sat. morning to run with have never been on the lake before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.