Notices

Sandy Pond Fun Run 2011

Old 07-04-2011, 08:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sandy Pond Fun Run 2011

Hey Guys, We are trying to get together again this year July 9th (next sat.) for a quick fun run on Lake Ontario. Weather permitting on the Lake this year we will try and run somewhere for lunch (probably Oswego). Plan on taking off from the Sandy Pond Steakhouse (formally the Wig-Wam) around 10:30. Much more water this year but if it is rough we will not attemp to navigate the channel, its marked to the North in the pond with 4'+ water but we have all gone south and never dipped below 3.5'. I would recommend launching at the Steakhouse and just taking off from there as a group through the channel. Plan on getting back and have a raft off with JP Shaggy on the lake side preferably if the lake cooperates. Let me know if you have any questions, right now looks like we have 10-15 boats so it should be a good cruise.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Registered

Sounds good Mike, We will not make the run but should be up after 5 or so. Good old summer weddings and grad parties but we will see you in the evening. Have Fun.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

By the time we get back and set up at the beach you will not miss much of the fun. Def. get out there and we will save you a spot if you bring the boat. I did speak with Dan at GS Steamers in Oswego, which I thought would work out the best on their deck overlooking the river (If the lake lets us make it there), he can handle us for lunch if we do make it, we just need to give a rough number the night before or the day of. I would say get to Oswego by 12 or 12:30 would be great and get back to the pond by 2:30 to start things up.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Registered

Nolan, You going to be on the Lake for the wedding? We may be able to make a detour by and wave! We are suppose to do a drive by on Sandy Island Beach as well for another wedding...

If people do come in from the Lake (launch at Mexico Point) and want someone to guide them in give me a heads up and we can send a boat out to be sure you stay in the deep areas of the channel. 315.486.0501.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

We will be on the water but it will be CNY water, wedding is at Borios on Oneida Lake. Thanks for the killer offer though. We will be there w the ride maybe friday night and then come back Sat Pm. I'll call ya.

If anyone is thinking about going to this and can not decide ........ GO IT IS A GREAT TIME!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sucks that we have to work for a living..I will not make the run but hope to be to the pond by the time you get back...With rum in hand...
Old 07-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Registered

I am putting in Friday night. Count me in for the run...
Old 07-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Registered

Perfect Bob. I hope most of us can be in Friday night. Lake looks like it is gonna be calm for sat.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TIP-SEA_32_baja
Perfect Bob. I hope most of us can be in Friday night. Lake looks like it is gonna be calm for sat.
I would have to believe Saturday with this crew will be anything BUT CALM!!