Notices

Ski Day on the Ohio 2011

Old 07-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ski Day on the Ohio 2011

Is anyone going to ski day or been in the past? I've never been, I always am on kentucky lake. Does anyone know of a good boat ramp near by at ski day??

http://www.skidayontheohio.com/
Old 07-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Registered

Stay at the lake, its amature day on the Ohio that day. Too much chaos and kids!!
Old 07-25-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by wyatt_450
Is anyone going to ski day or been in the past? I've never been, I always am on kentucky lake. Does anyone know of a good boat ramp near by at ski day??

http://www.skidayontheohio.com/
Never been and i live in Newburgh on the river, but as for boat ramps if you decide to go use Angel Mounds all the others are one lane at best and launching more than a bass boa can be achallenge.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:26 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I never miss it personally.... Thousands of people every year... But then again I am only 26 so the party still entices me
Old 07-26-2011, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainfevr
Stay at the lake, its amature day on the Ohio that day. Too much chaos and kids!!
You got it right there.

If you like, white trash there will be a fair share there (not saying that includes you Fuelin'), fights, cops and water patrol everywhere, then I say go. The beach sucks, there will be people there that have never driven a boat in their lives but they will come on a jon boat if they have to. When it is over with, the beach will look like a disco ball in the sun from all the beer cans that have been left behind. Everybody leaves at the same time and then it is amature day at the ramps. I'd stay at the lake, but if you want something that is crazy and want to experience then I say go.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered

hey feulin'
this is my first year to go. planning on launching from angel mounds. gotta figure out where that is. lol! taking a group. any words of wisdom or tips to make this a great day? i really have no idea what to expect...
Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Head South on Green River road until it ends then take a left. Angel Mounds boat ramp is about a mile or two down the road on your right. Be cautious because the ramps are in pretty rough shape, trailers have dropped off the ends of them.

Take anything you would take on Spring Break and Mardi Gras Take some junk flip flops that you don't mind losing for walking around on the beach because the beach is pretty rough on bare feet. Water patrol will be on the lookout all day long and especially whenever you leave. Other than that have a good time.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Registered

same as usual. Bunch of idiots. At least no fights this year.