Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011

Notices

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011

Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

This event is shaping up very nicely !!!

We have a committed title sponsor to help cover a portion of the Helicopter cost and that is Rage Powerboats ! Thank you Tom !

A 2nd sponsor who will come along for the ride in the chopper to shoot video is Prostock95 . His check has already arrived ! Thank you George !

To pick up the balance until everyone arrives on Saturday is Nordic95 !!! Thank you Anthony !

So here is what we came up with.

To help get a 2nd hour of flight time, Nordic95 is fronting the money to guarantee we have the chopper.

For those that would like to help offset the cost we are looking at $50 per boat so that we can reimburse Nordic95.

My photo packages are now available online should you want to purchase in advance.

Hudson Run Photo Packages Click Here !!!

Please Note:
A non-refundable helicopter fee of $50 is not included in these Package Prices and will need to be paid prior to the start of the event. The only way to refund this fee is if we do not fly and then and only then a refund would be given.

As far as the photo packages, my policy still remains the same .

Should you not find images that you are 100% satisfied with after proofing them online, you will be entitled to a full refund for the amount paid for the Photo Package only.

The whole idea behind this Fall Run is to build it bigger each year and it seems to have been growing. If by chance we have a surplus, Anthony would like to put it into an escrow account to go towards next year's event. If we come up short, Anthony has offered to cover the difference. For all he is doing, I hope we can at least break even on the chopper bill.

I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday morning.

A table will be set up for taking orders and I believe Nordic95's wife will collect the Ramp fees for the Marina so as to save time from having everyone going over to the Marina Office individually.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 10-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

UPDATE.....

OK I finally received permission from the marina to land the helicopter in the morning before the run so Sharkey Images can sell his photo packages before taking back off to shot photos. He will have a table set up by the launch ramp so please see him as soon as you get there.

So there will be a fee of 50.00 per boat plus what ever package you purchase from Sharkey if you want photos taken of your boat. Please visit his web site and see all he has to offer. Its not just photos but he also can do prints on towels and all kind of cool stuff. I have about 12 of his poster sized metallic paper prints in my shop of my boat. Trust me in that these photos will be the best and brightest you have ever seen. The cost of the helicopter will not be refundable for any reason. If you break down or have some kind of trouble Sharkey will refund your package price for the photos, but not the helicopter. I will be handing out a sticker to be placed on the windshield of any boat who pays for the helicopter. This will allow Sharkey to determine what boats to shot from the air.

Next to Sharkeys table will be a second table to collect launch fees. The marina charges us 20.00 per boat to launch instead of the normal 30.00 and they asked me to have one person collect fees and deliver to office so that twenty people dont have to storm the office in the morning.

At the lunch stop we will be required to raft off each other. I would ask everyone to please let the larger boats tie to the dock and then work our way out to the smaller boats. Please bring plenty of ropes and bumpers.

http://www.sharkey-images.com/home.html

I will make any other announcement at the drivers meeting if anything else comes up.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you and I were thinking at the same time, or I just typed to slow....
Old 10-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will probably be dropping my boat off Friday night late.I will assume that the chopper will be landing in the south part of the marina lot? If I leave the boat opposite of the ramp or where we were last month will it be fine? Helicopter blades are hard on the gelcoat.

Last edited by Expensive Date; 10-03-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:09 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
I will probably be dropping my boat off Friday night late.I will assume that the chopper will be landing in the south part of the marina lot? If I leave the boat opposite of the ramp or where we were last month will it be fine? Helicopter blades are hard on the gelcoat.
No,
It will be on the north side. Besides, your boat will already be in the water and fueled by the time the chopper arrives !!

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 10-03-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:22 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by nordic95
Looks like you and I were thinking at the same time, or I just typed to slow....

Old 10-03-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
No,
It will be on the north side. Besides, your boat will already be in the water and fueled by the time the chopper arrives !!
We are still launching at around 9:00 and leaving at 11:00?
Old 10-03-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
We are still launching at around 9:00 and leaving at 11:00?
Tim, from what I understand, launch asap then the drivers meeting will be at 10:30 and we hope to pull out at 11 sharp.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:13 AM
Registered

Probably have another 35 Fountain coming up from Jersey,will confirm by end of today.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, question guys. Last night we got confirmation that my girlfriends other brother left his base in afghanistan heading home. In the event he gets home on time and wants to go, would anyone have room? This is separate from the brother that may be riding with Richard Cuny.

Unfortunately we won't know until the last minute because they keep exact times of flights and locations from the public for safety reasons.

Thanks in advance, George

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.