Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011 >

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011

Notices

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2011

Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Might have another guy with a 35 ex coming from South Jersey.As for the chopper what ever you guys want is fine if we get it I will kick in. We could also give Tim a break since for most of us its the last run of the year and just let him enjoy it in a boat .But like I said whatever is decided is fine with me.
Tim is shooting out of the chopper if we get it. Otherwise we just have a chopper flying over to watch us?

Anthony
Old 09-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nordic95
Tim is shooting out of the chopper if we get it. Otherwise we just have a chopper flying over to watch us?

Anthony
I meant have Tim shoot from a boat if we did not get a chopper that way he could go with us. If we get the chopper do you need the money before the run or is on the day fine?

Last edited by Expensive Date; 09-29-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:36 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

A deadline will have to be in place for early next week that all money for the chopper be paid in advance. If we do not have enough to cover the chopper expenses by the deadline, I want to be able to give the pilot advanced notice of a cancellation.

If a sponsor pays for the chopper in full by the deadline to guarantee we have one, any additional money collected can be forwarded to the sponsor to help offset some of the cost. Then and only then can money be collected the day of.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-30-2011, 07:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in also what ever every one wants
Rich
Old 09-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered

Hey can a 23' checkmate run with you from RI?
Old 09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Checkmate Joe
Hey can a 23' checkmate run with you from RI?
Sure,everyone is welcome.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Registered

Ok so I reached out to the coast guard today to let them know our plans. They said to bring it on, as long as we dont have more then 40 boats we dont need any kind of permit. Tomorrow I will visit marina to look for a landing zone for the chopper then off to the lunch stop to finalize plans and see the dockage. I spoke with the manager already she said they lost the three finger docks at the end of the long dock with all the storms. But the main long dock is now longer without the fingers, sounds ok to me.

PLEASE REMEMBER I NEED A HEAD COUNT FOR LUNCH BY MID WEEK.... so if you havent already posted how many on your boat please do so.

Thanks Anthony
Old 09-30-2011, 09:55 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Got the call today.

Rage Powerboats is in for a sponsorship of $500 towards the chopper as well as Prostock95 sent his check out today for $100 even though he doesn't even have a boat. We need to make up at least another $500 + to get 2 hours of flight time plus landing fees . I still have to look into the landing fees and see what that may cost.

Hopefully we can find a way just to land at the marina...

The more people we can get to chip in, the lighter the expense is for everyone.

The deadline for notifying the chopper if we had to cancel is Wed.

So I would like to see the full amount for the chopper by Tuesday night the latest. If we can get a solid number of boats that will actually show up we can then determine a number for everyone to chip in or at least want to purchase helicopter photos.

If we pick up a 3rd sponsor to at least guarantee the chopper in full, then we can take a collection on Saturday morning to reimburse a portion of the amount to the ones that stepped up.

If weather was to force a cancellation, prior to flying, everyone gets a refund as he will not charge us if he doesn't fly.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Registered

Anthony, you may know already, there are quite a few places to dock at the City of Kingston docks (small fee) which are a little further up the Rondout Creek, under the bridge on the right side of the Creek, if you need more dock space. A bit of a walk from the Steel House, but not bad.

The whole Rondout area is a lovely area and I'm sure everyone will enjoy the food at the Steel House. I wish that my boat was available as I would like to join the group at least in this area of the run. I may come down to the Steel House just to see the beautiful boats that you guys are bringing!
Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Got the call today.

Rage Powerboats is in for a sponsorship of $500 towards the chopper as well as Prostock95 sent his check out today for $100 even though he doesn't even have a boat. We need to make up at least another $500 + to get 2 hours of flight time plus landing fees . I still have to look into the landing fees and see what that may cost.

Hopefully we can find a way just to land at the marina...

The more people we can get to chip in, the lighter the expense is for everyone.

The deadline for notifying the chopper if we had to cancel is Wed.

So I would like to see the full amount for the chopper by Tuesday night the latest. If we can get a solid number of boats that will actually show up we can then determine a number for everyone to chip in or at least want to purchase helicopter photos.

If we pick up a 3rd sponsor to at least guarantee the chopper in full, then we can take a collection on Saturday morning to reimburse a portion of the amount to the ones that stepped up.

If weather was to force a cancellation, prior to flying, everyone gets a refund as he will not charge us if he doesn't fly.
Tim Im going to grab the rest of the balance. I think it will be easier to divide the monies up with fewer people laying out the initial cost. Ill hook up with you over the weekend to discuss the details.

Anthony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.