Hudson River Spring Fun Run May 12,2012 >

Hudson River Spring Fun Run May 12,2012

Notices

Hudson River Spring Fun Run May 12,2012

Old 05-09-2012, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Thinking of leaving friday night. Im going to stay on the boat, however my passengers may want a room. Is there any place to stay near by? Also what is the best route to trailer from north jersey? Thanks for the help, looking foward to meeting everyone.

Curt
Old 05-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Got Cigs
Thinking of leaving friday night. Im going to stay on the boat, however my passengers may want a room. Is there any place to stay near by? Also what is the best route to trailer from north jersey? Thanks for the help, looking foward to meeting everyone.

Curt
This is how I go, depending on where in NJ you are starting may be a little different. There is no place within 20 miles to stay that decent.

Driving directions from New Jersey

Take GSP to NYS thruway North

Take exit 14-1 toward NYC

Merge onto I-287 south I-287 east via exit on left

Take exit 12 toward RT 303 west Palisades center drive
( You will see a huge Mall when you exit)

Bear left onto Palisades center dr follow signs for RT 303 North.

Rt 303 north becomes 9 West

Turn right on tompkins ave

You will follow Tompkins down and then go under a small bridge.You will make a left onto Hudson right after the bridge like 50 feet after.Marina is strait down that road.

You can leave your navigation on just ignore it when it keeps trying to redirect you to the palisades.Eventually it will gice up and just take you the streets.That way you don't have to keep looking for Tompkins Ave.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered

Just called the restaurant at the marina, they have a band Fri night open to 12 + food served till 10PM. Not sure what time I will be getting there, but will probably be in there.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Just called the restaurant at the marina, they have a band Fri night open to 12 + food served till 10PM. Not sure what time I will be getting there, but will probably be in there.
Going to look at a boat Friday, if I come back with it I will be dropping it off at the Marina on the way back, maybe I'll see you there.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by prostock85
Going to look at a boat Friday, if I come back with it I will be dropping it off at the Marina on the way back, maybe I'll see you there.
If you need seats let me know Ryan is working so its just me.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Got Cigs

Curt
There are name brand hotels about 15 minutes away by Palisades NY right on 87/287 heading towards Tapenzee bridge. Also over in Mawaha NJ but that about 25 minutes away there are a bunch of hotels.

Anthony
Old 05-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Registered

This is how I go, depending on where in NJ you are starting may be a little different. There is no place within 20 miles to stay that decent.

Driving directions from New Jersey

Take GSP to NYS thruway North

Take exit 14-1 toward NYC

Merge onto I-287 south I-287 east via exit on left

Take exit 12 toward RT 303 west Palisades center drive
( You will see a huge Mall when you exit)

Bear left onto Palisades center dr follow signs for RT 303 North.

Rt 303 north becomes 9 West

Turn right on tompkins ave

You will follow Tompkins down and then go under a small bridge.You will make a left onto Hudson right after the bridge like 50 feet after.Marina is strait down that road.

You can leave your navigation on just ignore it when it keeps trying to redirect you to the palisades.Eventually it will gice up and just take you the streets.That way you don't have to keep looking for Tompkins Ave.
That bridge is a very narrow Rail Road Bridge, one lane and is only like 10'-2" high. Just in case you wanted to know or had a high flying second floor on that cig.

Anthony
Old 05-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Registered

Is there a better way? Thats how I have always gone let me know if another way is better.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a better way? Thats how I have always gone let me know if another way is better.
GLH somehow fit Drambuie under it...
Old 05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Registered

Thats the way I also go, its fine if you fit under the bridge. Steve coming down from NH tried that the first time down and after a 6 hour ride and coming into the marina at 10pm he made it all the way to that bridge and realized at the last minute his radar arch would allow him under it. So he had to back up that narrow little road and find his way around the bridge. Funny now, but very stressfull for him and the family at the time.

Anthony

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.