Notices

Boyne Thunder feedback!!!!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lunch was great! I was the first one to the stop. No lines!

You guys shoulda left the boats in Boyne city and went by car like me....

Maybe my boat will be fixed for next year.

Still had a decent time despite the circumstances.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Registered

Had a great time. As stated the start was a little confusing, but all in all couldn't ask for a better weekend.

I still want to know what type of guy hi-jacks someone else's flip flops.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Registered

Just sayin' thanks!

To all the volunteers and working staff on the event, our team just wanted to say thanks! I def think the god size wave pool we made on our warm up lap was a little clusterf***** but wheres the fun if it doesnt get a little squirrelly, right?! Some of those diehard fans in Lk. Char had some balls! LOL

Again thank you all for making it the biggest turn out yet and setting it off without a hitch! Well done!
Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

I need a nap!!!Next year can you get my boss to give me monday off!!!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Kathy and I had a wonderfull time! As for feedback, Thats some major connections to schedule the free boatwash after the run while everybody was back at the hotels changing. We stayed at Boyne Mtn, and I noticed a lot of others did too. So my only real suggestion is to set up a late running regular shuttle. Im overly sensitive to driving even after a couple cocktails, so a shuttle would probably be a little better. Im slowly getting piks up here, http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...nder-12-a.html so if anyone wants higher resolution or untweaked piks pm me. Thanks again to Bob, Tracy, Pete and everyone else for the hard work and hospitality!! Its no easy feat for these guys as this is I believe only their second year dong this and to do it on such a grand scale is really quite impressive! and Thanks again to Ryan Stafford and his wife for a great day on the water.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jason3603
Had a great time. As stated the start was a little confusing, but all in all couldn't ask for a better weekend.

I still want to know what type of guy hi-jacks someone else's flip flops.
There seems to be a flip-flop theft ring in Boyne City, because we also lost a pair. We need to start checking Craigslist and get to the bottom of this.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

What color are they Scott, I will keep a eye open for them!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Registered

We enjoyed it, thoroughly..
.. skip the Charlevoix lunch, go to Bay Harbor for lunch like in the past.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:13 PM
Registered

What is everyones opinion about more boats next year?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Registered

My first visit to Boyne, and wow! What an incredibly beautiful and clean place. This run was by far the best I've ever done. Top notch and classy. The parade was neat. The lunch stop at Charlevoix was long as the restaurants seemed to be overwhelmed with the number of people in town. The lunch tickets was an excellent idea. We seemed to miss the communication about turning in our hand at one more stop, but that wasn't a big deal as we were able to turn them in at the reception. The catered food was incredible and I'm not a big foodie person. The scheduling of the reception was excellent as it allowed us to get back to the condo, clean up and get back to the reception in plenty of time. My only critique comment would be to not over emphasize the larger boats so much. I get that folks are impressed by all that power and hardware, but it's not just the larger boats that make this event such a success. So perhaps photo coverage posted could be more evenly distributed by the official photographer. To that end, I must say I was extremely impressed by this event. Kudos to all those who have made it such a successful one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.