2013 BUFFALO POKER RUN, Buffalo, NY - August 9th & 10th >

2013 BUFFALO POKER RUN, Buffalo, NY - August 9th & 10th

Notices

2013 BUFFALO POKER RUN, Buffalo, NY - August 9th & 10th

Old 08-12-2013, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Team Crown
No, the guy in the cruiser that cut right in front of about 6 boats just as they started to plane out.
Ya, what the hell was his deal? Dangerous place to turn around. At first I felt bad thinking he got stuck by accident, then as we went by he was smiling and giving thumbs up, he wanted to be in there....he was all over the place.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Just a reminder to all: THIS WAS NOT A RACE .

Quite frankly , from where I was watching from, any one of those boats out there on the lake I am sure had plenty left in them. Many of them looked like they were on cruise control just enjoying a good time.

Although the 110 class left for crossing the lake before the chopper had a chance to get in front of them ( not a good idea if you were looking to get good pics of the bow) we were trailing behind at 90 knots and was gaining ground. Fortunately for having 102 boats registered I had plenty of other boats to shoot that were willing to stay with the chopper.

The pilot asked if I wanted to catch the lead boats and I told him no. Too much time is lost when I have to chase people down and while doing so I have nothing to shoot in between the packs. It's all on the WNYOPA's dime, so I try to utilize the flight time as efficiently as possible.
We were all on cruise control out there, my statement was a reaction to their arrogant statement of passing 99 boats???

I just assumed the heli was out, we left with the pack and followed the pace boat near the shore line because we were told that was where to go for heli shots.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4bus
Ya, what the hell was his deal? Dangerous place to turn around. At first I felt bad thinking he got stuck by accident, then as we went by he was smiling and giving thumbs up, he wanted to be in there....he was all over the place.
Yup. That's the one. Everyone was lucky that he didn't cause some real damage. It could have turned out really ugly.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:01 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
We were all on cruise control out there, my statement was a reaction to their arrogant statement of passing 99 boats???

I just assumed the heli was out, we left with the pack and followed the pace boat near the shore line because we were told that was where to go for heli shots.
It was my impression without floats the chopper was not allowed across the middle of the lake. Not until I personally spoke with the pilot he explained he was willing to go across the lake being as we had PFD's.

Not sure what shoreline you followed as I found you in the middle of the pact in the middle of the lake ? The boat looked great with the sun on it. Sure wish you had bought a photo package.

I don't think these guys have missed a year since I have been covering this event. Now I see what some of the guys were saying it it got a little bumpy out there. But never too much for the Apaches...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 08-12-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:23 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A video I found on youtube filmed by a spectator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z0tga-3i-A

WOW Tim great picture above..........

Last edited by classclown; 08-12-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow Sharkey !! Cool shot and I am certain you got many more.

Awesome job by the entire Buffalo club crew, how you gonna top this one next year ? I can't wait to see the next rendition in person, as we look forward to this event each year.

Great to meet some fellow OSO'ers that made this their first Buffalo run, and even more fun to get to ride along with some different cats this year.

Sure the lake was big water and that made for some fun times and even more entertaining stories. In case you have not heard, Reggie has taken the reigns of Apache's promotions department- or so it seems............great to see conditions where all boats had chances to strut their stuff.

Only down-side to weekend was that with so many people to meet and visit with we did not get to spend time with those met in years previous.

Awesome boats, great people, great time. Thankyou WNYOPA !!!

Last edited by Kelly O; 08-12-2013 at 08:57 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great time, the most organized run I have ever been to and great food at the dinner. Hopefully I can stay longer next year but could not this year.

I really did not think it was that rough......but then again I am really not all there.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
Still sorting the images of the boats by Manufacturer category.

See what I have online so far: 2013 Buffalo Poker Run Photos by Sharkey-Images.com/
No Formula section?
Old 08-12-2013, 09:24 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
No Formula section?
Would you believe I am just getting finished with sorting out all of the images by their boat manufacture's name ? I haven't even begun selecting and processing images yet. Just a few that caught my eye ! Total images I just went through, over 2,600 . Had you made it to the other side I think you would have encountered some decent waves. Apaches just don't fly because they feel like it ...

There are 28 different manufacturers represented at this year's event. Actually 29. I can't figure out what the small bright yellow boat with dark blue, orange and red stripe on it. Anyone know?

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 08-12-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:26 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Wow Sharkey !! Cool shot and I am certain you got many more.

Awesome job by the entire Buffalo club crew, how you gonna top this one next year ? I can't wait to see the next rendition in person, as we look forward to this event each year.

Great to meet some fellow OSO'ers that made this their first Buffalo run, and even more fun to get to ride along with some different cats this year.

Sure the lake was big water and that made for some fun times and even more entertaining stories. In case you have not heard, Reggie has taken the reigns of Apache's promotions department- or so it seems............great to see conditions where all boats had chances to strut their stuff.

Only down-side to weekend was that with so many people to meet and visit with we did not get to spend time with those met in years previous.

Awesome boats, great people, great time. Thankyou WNYOPA !!!
Oh yes, many more. Thank you . I agree, I had not had a chance to speak with you and Julie for long.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.