Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2012 >

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2012

Notices

Hudson River Fall Fun Run 2012

Old 09-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not know if this is a reality or not, but ive been watching you guys for a few years and always wanted to join, me and my dad might sneak away and come down, cpl questions, anything nearbye for lodging? One thing that worries me is wanting to run out after the run to get back home, what time do things usually wrap up, also Ive never boated in the hudson before, so I have no idea on tides and that stuff, is it salt or brackish? or is it fresh water up that far?

thanks
Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88242LS
I do not know if this is a reality or not, but ive been watching you guys for a few years and always wanted to join, me and my dad might sneak away and come down, cpl questions, anything nearbye for lodging? One thing that worries me is wanting to run out after the run to get back home, what time do things usually wrap up, also Ive never boated in the hudson before, so I have no idea on tides and that stuff, is it salt or brackish? or is it fresh water up that far?

thanks
Ok lets try to get these all answered for you.

1) There are hotels near by, about 15 minutes away. Look in Nyack NY there are a few.

2)Not wanting to run out of what? Gas? There is a gas dock located next to the restaurant we are having lunch at. So if you feel better you can gas up when we first pull into get lunch.

3) This far up the river the water is just a little brackish but as we head north it turns fresh fast. Id say about 90 percent fresh by marina.

4) You only have to worry about tides getting the boat in the water in the morning. It is going to be low tide at 10:30 am and at that we should have about 4' of water so shouldnt be bad. But I am telling everyone with bigger boats to get in early, like 8am.

5) We leave the marina at 11am and usually return around 5pm, high tide is at 4:30 pm so we should be perfect to to get back on trailers.

Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have. Trust me you will have a ton of fun and there is nothing to worry about with doing this run. JUST SHOW UP we will help you with the rest....

Anthony
Old 09-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks
I caught a bluefish a mile from the ramp last week...Some say brackish..I say real salty in Bay. Some scientist say salt moving further up river...Stony Point has some Motels but chezzey. I suggest the Comfort Inn & Suites Nanuet 1-800-997-5149 425 East Route 59, Nanuet, NY 10954..(has a pool/bar/comedy club It's about 1/2 hour drive to ramp via Rt 59 to North Rt 303 (303 becomes/merges with 9w which takes you near marina in Stony Point). You CANT take Palisades Parkway.
Cheaper route would be the Nyack Motor Lodge in West Nyack, across from Palisades Mall (at the the crossroads of 287/87 and rt 303 intersection) ... 110 S Route 303 West Nyack, NY 10994. I currently live and was raised in the area so txt me if ya need some info on area, but I have never been to the Fun Run. I "heard" people were unable to park at the restaurant in the past, and some are just going and eating near Newburg, half the distance. But that ain't no Fun.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 PM
Registered

Thanks Anthony, What I meant was running outta time to get home, definitely spend the night there and trailer home Monday morning, thanks for the help I will see if we can pull it off, gotta use Dad's truck to go that far so he is the biggest obstacle with his work. Never been on the Hudson before and would love to do it, I'll plan on taking it out for a rip home to give it a good flushing, I'll keep ya posted
Old 09-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Anthony, What I meant was running outta time to get home, definitely spend the night there and trailer home Monday morning, thanks for the help I will see if we can pull it off, gotta use Dad's truck to go that far so he is the biggest obstacle with his work. Never been on the Hudson before and would love to do it, I'll plan on taking it out for a rip home to give it a good flushing, I'll keep ya posted
If your up for it you can sleep on the boat on the tailer in the marina parking lot Sunday night. They have a bathroom shower and a bar everything you could want. But its just like in the movie my cousin Vinny when the train comes through about 4AM
You could also start heading home and stay halfway between Stony point and home. As for parking there is plenty where we launch not sure about the other place some guys go after but there is a nice resturant at the marina if we get back and you are hungry. Like Anthony said just show up we will help you launch we all do it as a team and get the boats loaded and unloaded quick.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
You could also start heading home and stay halfway between Stony point and home.
Just don't take 9w North of Marina/Stony Point or come south from Upstate NY via 9w. It's like trailing in the Rockies. Take 287 (Palisades Mall, West Nyack exit to Rt 330 N to 9w to Marina. On a map it looks longer, but 9w is nasty near West Point.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in for 4, and of course with the heli. My buddy is trying to join also with his boat, he will let me know this week for sure. This is where I do most of my boating, but its always fun doing it with 30+ boats, and meeting new friends.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Registered

Thumbs up 3 skaters

We are in with 2 28 skaters and a 30 skater, 6 people.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:19 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Wow that water was muddy last year.
All depends on how you look at it !

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Registered

I'd like to come! 29 kryptonite 2-3 people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.