2013 Jammin on the James, July 12th & 13th

Notices

2013 Jammin on the James, July 12th & 13th

Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Jammin on the James, July 12th & 13th

Details coming soon just wanted to get the dates out there.

Last edited by flashin; 01-10-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:28 PM
Registered

Good timing on posting this. Was just talking about finally doing this run. Every year I say I'm gonna do it but just haven't yet. This year I need to stop talking and just do it. I know it's a great time and for a great cause. Keep us posted......
Old 03-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking forward to this run again this year. Hopefully the dock party will get ramped up a little more again this year.

I'll get my registration in soon.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 PM
Registered

So what's going on here? I'm trying to get stoked about the run this year as it will be my first time actually joining in. Usually by now there's a pretty good discussion going on. Where are all the regulars? Even the "AT" guys aren't talking? They usually have a good showing. Are they waiting to see if ACTIVESHACK still has a boat and a place for them to stay? mbl75 didn't even draw out anyone for comment......
Old 03-06-2013, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Use to be our favorite run.... Year before last we brought 14 boats from Annapolis down for the run... Last year seems it had no steam, so we are doing Lanier instead this year!!!

Can't do them all, we have great memories of this run and was always a good time.

Pat
Old 03-06-2013, 05:59 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts

I'm looking forward to it!! Last year was subdued as a concession to the dockmaster who had concerns about the year before (as Spicy is well aware). Not sure what's in the works but I'm sure things will get stepped up a bit this year!!!

BTW: I saw mlb75's post and have already been in contact with him.....guess I should have just put it in this thread.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 PM

This run has always been one of our favorites and have enjoyed every year that we have participated. Since the new style of run it just lost its magic. I have been a long time follower and always looked forward to this run year after year, now it just has fallen by the wayside.
I have been waiting like others for updates since Jan 10th, and still don't know what the details are. I don't know about you but I'm not sending hard earned money without knowing what the run is about, after last years disappointment. In previous years the postings would be pages deep, now it's on the 3rd page with no comments.
Just seems to have lost its luster.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Badboy35Cig
This run has always been one of our favorites and have enjoyed every year that we have participated. Since the new style of run it just lost its magic. I have been a long time follower and always looked forward to this run year after year, now it just has fallen by the wayside.
I have been waiting like others for updates since Jan 10th, and still don't know what the details are. I don't know about you but I'm not sending hard earned money without knowing what the run is about, after last years disappointment. In previous years the postings would be pages deep, now it's on the 3rd page with no comments.
Just seems to have lost its luster.
Point taken with the "waiting for updates". Can't plan without details. I know there are a few more details in the kick off party thread but didn't get posted here. But even in that thread the post count is lighter than usual.
As far as the new style of run I'm assuming that is referring to it being more family friendly. I'll admit I didn't really follow up on last years run to hear what everyones final opinions were with that. I'll have to revisit the 2012 thread to read up on it since I wasn't personally there.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:17 AM
Gold Member

Truth is that Jamin has been loosing steam for the last 3 years and with its dates the weekend before Lanier, I think the trend is going to continue. Run for the Cure made the right move changing dates to give them a little breathing room.

Jamin needs to move its dates next year and maybe add a few stops, and they'll be back....
Old 03-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

After much discussion & with regret, Jammin on The James 2013 will not take place. We have encountered some obstacles from the hotel double booking the ball room to sponsorship & participation. We realize last years weather effected the run and dock party and alot of boats were still making their way in as late as 7pm. We sincerely apologize for the lack of communication & any inconvience this has caused.
We will be working thru the year to try to change some things up & make it a little more fun.
If you have already submitted your registration we will be returning your check. Also, if you won one of the free entries from the 2012 Jammin on the James Run we will honor those entries in 2014 so please hold on to those.

Thanks
Barry Adkins

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.