Rochester Offshore Seneca Lake (NY) Battleship Run – July 20, 2013

Old 07-21-2013, 04:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by bonesmalon
Entry fee for Senecal Lake Battleship run...$90
New rims and tires on the tow rig to look good getting there....$2600
Deciding not to top off you fuel tanks before the run and running out half way through but still winning the $1000 first prize....PRICELESS
Glad you made it and that you had a good time. (Winning the top prize wasn't bad either.) That's one awesome looking Active Thunder you have there. It was a pleasure meeting you and docking next to you! Hope to see you next year. (Maybe with a bit more fuel in the tanks.)
Old 07-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys ran a great event. The lake, accommodations and comroddery was top notch. And yeah....dropping a stack of hundreds in my pocket didn't hurt a thing! If nothing else I learned "E" means really, really EMPTY
Thanks for the kind words on my AT. People are surprised by its ammenities especially after seeing it run!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Had a great time at the run once again. I have been going for 17 years straight and no rain-outs. I don't know what kind of pull Bill Krystan has with the rain gods but, with rain all around us and a forecast of near 100% chance of rain right in the middle of our run, we emerged dry and happy at the end of the day. It was great catching up with old friends and making a few new ones. Many thanks to all the ROPA people who make this possible year after year. It is far more work than most people realize. Hope to see everyone again next year.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Registered

Another great run on Seneca this year. Beautiful views and very well organized....hopefully next year we can get the boat count back up. This was my second year running and i'm hooked. Reasonably priced, nice people, great lake and not the high stakes atmosphere as other runs out there.

Even with a small boat count, it was nice to see the variety in size of boats, makes/models, etc.

Great to see the 46' Black Thunder and 37' Active Thunder on the water.....beautiful boats both and nice people!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Entry fee for Senecal Lake Battleship run...$90
New rims and tires on the tow rig to look good getting there....$2600
Deciding not to top off you fuel tanks before the run and running out half way through but still winning the $1000 first prize....PRICELESS
Dave, you had me in stitches last night reading this. To show you what nice people we are at ROPA I didn't want you and White Lightning to feel bad about the gas. So on Sun., halfway to Watkins Glen to do some beach time, I discovered that the sending unit in my gas tank and gauge in my new boat don't like each other and I imitated you both by running out of gas myself! Luckily wwolfe had some friends on the water and they ran out of gas as well. Waved him down and he went into Watkins and brought gas for all of us to get in.
Big and great job by wwolfe and family!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Registered

Looks like I started a trend! Hopefully someone gave you $1050 at the end of the day to make you feel wayyyyy better like I did! Heading back to buffalo was quite uneventful so all in all it was a great trip!!
Hope you're considering joining us for our run Aug 9-10
Old 07-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Registered

I'll be there in Buffalo. I think I've only missed 3 of your runs all these 20 something years.
Since I was so nice not making you feel alone I don't suppose you'd help my gas situation with any of that $1050?
When you stop wetting yourself laughing over that I'll get the hint!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Registered

Glad we could help Bill....had to pay back my debt for everyone helping me last year with my fuel issue so we could make the run.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Registered

Would you settle for a tall cold drink of your choice at Templeton Landing here in August?
Old 07-23-2013, 02:23 PM
Registered

Would you settle for a tall cold drink of your choice at Templeton Landing here in August?
Sounds like a fair deal to me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.