Like Tree1Likes

Rock the bay

Old 08-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Registered

My Boat: Scarab Viper 31

Originally Posted by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS View Post
Was a blast. I had to watch from shore unfortunatly. Anybody know Steve Ewing? He was supposed to be there but I didn't see him? I think he ran the Pace Boat a few years back with his P-29 and maybe a few runs when he had his phatom. And definitly some out of my league fast boats!
Steve's out of boating for now ... He has been building a Pro Street Mustang for the last few years .
Old 08-28-2013, 07:39 PM
Registered

My Boat: 25.5 IMP Eleganza, Donzi Classic 22, 1978 Wright Jet,
Originally Posted by 737jetmech View Post
Steve's out of boating for now ... He has been building a Pro Street Mustang for the last few years .
He'll be back in I'm sure. Haha actually I'm his cousin. I remember when I was about 10 running in his 3 seated Christ craft. And then lost the oils pump shaft I believe. Good times! His old p-29 is now owned by my other cousin who is another Kraus but the boat has been out of commision for a while. Building twin blown 400's. But i did run his old 26 scarab cv with the 540 for a season (wish I still had that one) and we also bought the old Jet boat if he ever told ya about that one! What a blast! And the stang is going to be sick! Hope to see him back in it soon. And to AYARS83 I believe that p-29 comes from Chesapeake yachting center in Carrol Island but I could be wrong? Don't know how p-29 are in the Chesapeake?

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 08-28-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Registered

KRAUSMOTORSPORTS This was only the second time I've seen one of those boats in the bay. And never have seen it docked.. And whoever the guy was in the all blue cat boat, it was either 42 or 43 ft, that left jelly fish on plane and was barely past the the beach, that was impressive!! I wish I had a video of that!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:59 AM
Registered

My Boat: 25.5 IMP Eleganza, Donzi Classic 22, 1978 Wright Jet,

I've seen a few cats out there last year that sounded pretty healthy! "Blower surge" gives ya half a hard on and one you don't forget! Haha p-29's are nice but can't get a whole lot of trim from them with the black hawk drives. I want to see 80+ in my next purchase Pantera/32 Active thunder??... But I was thinking next year entering this poker run with my old school IMP 25.5 just for fun. Runs pretty decent 70-74. But would be cool to play with the big boys and get some good footage. Or...... Should I just put my tail between my legs and watch. Really want to get in a poker run before I buy another.
Old 09-03-2013, 03:43 PM
Registered

For photos of this run, and many other poker runs go to www.powerboatphotos.com
Lots of great pics!
Old 09-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Registered

My Boat: 1989 Checkmate 251 Convincor GTX

kraus you heading down for the grand prix in solomans? I wanna head down but boat isn't finished nor do I have any buddies that want to make the trip lol