Notices

Boyne Thunder 2014

Old 10-28-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I know we were close to the smallest boat and probably the slowest, we skipped the farthest card stop just because we knew by the time we got to the lunch everyone would be leaving.

We've only been to this poker run and can't imagine anything topping it, friendly town, people, and most of all Lake MI was happy that day so it made for a nice cruise. There were points in the run where I felt like I was boating in the Caribbean, absolutely beautiful up there, that's hard for me to say about MI being a Buckeye guy.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:40 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have lived and Boated on Green Bay, part of lake Michigan on the other side, all my life and I have always heard about the Charlevoix area from boaters that went over there and how great it was even compared to where I live. We went over for Boyne last year... I was impressed. I plan to make that an annual trip, as others have said... WOW!

I didn't do the poker run, we just watched, but none the less I can't say enough about how nice it is over there, how friendly all the people are, how beautiful the water and scenery are. Someday when my Boat and wallet are bigger, I want to do the poker run as well.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Registered

We'll be there again this year.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Ryan, you got a BT now??
Old 11-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
So if I could only run say 60 would I atleast hang with some of the cc's??
I only run 65 tops, cruise at 50 and I had a blast when I ran in 2012. I lost most of the group in the first leg, but there were still a few others to run with that still made it more than entertaining. I ended up leaving the lunch stop ahead of the group and found it more entertaing watching the big dogs come blasting past in smaller groups out in the open lake. That was a blast! its worth it.
Old 11-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukedonzi
I have lived and Boated on Green Bay, part of lake Michigan on the other side, all my life and I have always heard about the Charlevoix area from boaters that went over there and how great it was even compared to where I live. We went over for Boyne last year... I was impressed. I plan to make that an annual trip, as others have said... WOW!

I didn't do the poker run, we just watched, but none the less I can't say enough about how nice it is over there, how friendly all the people are, how beautiful the water and scenery are. Someday when my Boat and wallet are bigger, I want to do the poker run as well.
John, my wife and I are talking about heading over this year the week before and making a 1.5-2 week trip out of it this year, maybe we'll see ya's over there, or catch your convoy going down US2.

We watched in 2011, ran in 2012, and missed 2013. Let me tell ya sitting on the dock with a broken boat on the wrong side of lake michigan knowing boyne thunder was happening was depressing. We we close to jumping in the truck and driving over to watch again.

Like others have said the location, the stops and the people we met at this event are fantastic, we are not going to miss another year.

Ryan, and Jason, my wife still talks about your blackthunders, thanks again for letting us aboard your boats in 2012.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Halfgassed, PM me with your contact info again... I wiped my phone out and had to start all over. I would love to hook up and convoy over!
Old 11-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
So if I could only run say 60 would I atleast hang with some of the cc's??
Rob theres a trick to running a slower boat (not slam'in yer boat ) when I still had my Scorpion it would barely break sixty and what I would do is when the boats would mill at the start I would go as far in the direction of where we were going and still see be able to seethe start boat. When we did take off I would run whatever I could and just let boats go by one by one (not that I could do anything about it lol) and it ended up being a pretty cool way to see all the big guys running. When we did make the stop I would be on the outside anyway and this would allow me to do the whole thing over and gave me a front row seat again

funny thing is even in that boat I was still in the middle of the pack most times, a good half of about any poker run just cruises anyway.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 11-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered

Slater's Skater has Boyne Thunder in our calandar - can't wait
Old 12-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

If anyone is arriving the weekend before Boyne Thunder the Blue Angels will be flying in T.C. on the 4th, 5th and 6th during the Cherry Festival.
ed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.