Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   BOYNE THUNDER JULY 11,12 2014 Boyne City, Michigan (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/307284-boyne-thunder-july-11-12-2014-boyne-city-michigan.html)

mainstreet 02-01-2014 01:49 PM

Boyne City Marina is where the event is held, if you have questions you can call Hugh at 231-582-9009. We will try to answer any questions we can.

MrCIG 02-04-2014 05:19 PM

What is the best ramp to use with truck and trailer parking? Near Lake Charlovoix DNR marina? for 38 Cigarette

Thanks Mark

s022mag 02-04-2014 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by bblythe (Post 4067433)
{ would love to go to this event I see reg. don't strat till march 15 for new guys. But I see people already reserving slips and rooms . Give me the scoop what marina are the slips at ? Who do I call? Where to stay ? Any help much appreciated

Registration starts March 1st for past participants I believe. Then March 15th for newbies. If you don't run the the only place I think you can dock that I know of would be Charlevoix City Marina if they have openings. I believe you can anchor in round lake, not sure if there is a water taxi. Registration includes 2 nights of dockage and you can opt to pay for an extra night thru Boyne City the night before, that's what we did.

Originally Posted by MrCIG (Post 4069172)
What is the best ramp to use with truck and trailer parking? Near Lake Charlovoix DNR marina? for 38 Cigarette

Thanks Mark

There's a launch near Boyne City that will accommodate most boats. There's not a lot of room to dock while you park your rig and not a lot of room to even park. The ramp will get the job done but you better have some one who can meet you at the docks and then drop your trailer at the air field in Boyne. I'm sure there are other ramps but that is the low down on the closest one to Boyne.

RT930turbo 02-10-2014 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by MrCIG (Post 4069172)

Thanks Mark

Mark, you made reservations in Charlevoix, right? There is a public launch close to town, and Irish Boat Works has a nice lot for trailer storage for a few bucks all week. The marina has a parking agreement with the public library for cars / trucks. We usually drop the boat in at the ramp, unhook the trailer, then the wifey meets me at the marina with the truck. That way we have a vehicle available all the time.

MrCIG 02-11-2014 08:12 PM

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the Irish boat shop for trailer storage.

Mark

Magic Medicine 02-12-2014 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by MrCIG (Post 4073243)

Mark

Mark get ahold of Brian Bobb, that is his stomping grounds he knows the lay of the land well! His unc has a house on the lake.

AJ

sommerfliesby 02-12-2014 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by MrCIG (Post 4073243)

Mark

Better yet, get ahold of Wrinkleface. He's going to Miami today, but will be back next week, if BBB doesn't kill him. He has a condo in Chartown and keeps his boat in a barn 2 mile from marina. The ramp there is very nice.

liquidthunder 02-26-2014 12:07 PM

Registration begins.......

Registration for past participants begins at 8am on March 1st. Make sure you are ready for sign up.....

liquidthunder 02-26-2014 01:34 PM

Pre-Party at Boyne Mountain Resort

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519263[/ATTACH]DON'T FORGET!!!!! AMERICAN CUSTOM MARINE will be putting on a Boyne Thunder Pre-Party on Thursday July 10 at Boyne Mountain Resort. The party will be from 7pm to 10pm on top of the mountain. (Chair-Lift ride) We will have some hors d'oeuves to snack on and a cash bar. Its a chance to see all your poker run friends. So dont be late to the 2014 Pre-party at Boyne Mountain.

wrinkleface 02-26-2014 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by liquidthunder (Post 4081138)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519263[/ATTACH]DON'T FORGET!!!!! AMERICAN CUSTOM MARINE will be putting on a Boyne Thunder Pre-Party on Thursday July 10 at Boyne Mountain Resort. The party will be from 7pm to 10pm on top of the mountain. (Chair-Lift ride) We will have some hors d'oeuves to snack on and a cash bar. Its a chance to see all your poker run friends. So dont be late to the 2014 Pre-party at Boyne Mountain.

& what a cool event that is!!!!:coolcowboy: