Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
BOYNE THUNDER JULY 11,12  2014  Boyne City, Michigan >

BOYNE THUNDER JULY 11,12 2014 Boyne City, Michigan

Notices

BOYNE THUNDER JULY 11,12 2014 Boyne City, Michigan

Old 02-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Blue Oval

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boyne City Marina is where the event is held, if you have questions you can call Hugh at 231-582-9009. We will try to answer any questions we can.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:19 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the best ramp to use with truck and trailer parking? Near Lake Charlovoix DNR marina? for 38 Cigarette

Thanks Mark
Old 02-04-2014, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bblythe
{ would love to go to this event I see reg. don't strat till march 15 for new guys. But I see people already reserving slips and rooms . Give me the scoop what marina are the slips at ? Who do I call? Where to stay ? Any help much appreciated
Registration starts March 1st for past participants I believe. Then March 15th for newbies. If you don't run the the only place I think you can dock that I know of would be Charlevoix City Marina if they have openings. I believe you can anchor in round lake, not sure if there is a water taxi. Registration includes 2 nights of dockage and you can opt to pay for an extra night thru Boyne City the night before, that's what we did.

Originally Posted by MrCIG
What is the best ramp to use with truck and trailer parking? Near Lake Charlovoix DNR marina? for 38 Cigarette

Thanks Mark
There's a launch near Boyne City that will accommodate most boats. There's not a lot of room to dock while you park your rig and not a lot of room to even park. The ramp will get the job done but you better have some one who can meet you at the docks and then drop your trailer at the air field in Boyne. I'm sure there are other ramps but that is the low down on the closest one to Boyne.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Mark
Mark, you made reservations in Charlevoix, right? There is a public launch close to town, and Irish Boat Works has a nice lot for trailer storage for a few bucks all week. The marina has a parking agreement with the public library for cars / trucks. We usually drop the boat in at the ramp, unhook the trailer, then the wifey meets me at the marina with the truck. That way we have a vehicle available all the time.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Charter Member#330
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'll check out the Irish boat shop for trailer storage.

Mark
Old 02-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Registered

Mark
Mark get ahold of Brian Bobb, that is his stomping grounds he knows the lay of the land well! His unc has a house on the lake.

AJ
Old 02-12-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Mark
Better yet, get ahold of Wrinkleface. He's going to Miami today, but will be back next week, if BBB doesn't kill him. He has a condo in Chartown and keeps his boat in a barn 2 mile from marina. The ramp there is very nice.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:07 PM
Registered

Thumbs up Registration begins.......

Registration for past participants begins at 8am on March 1st. Make sure you are ready for sign up.....
Old 02-26-2014, 01:34 PM
Registered

Default Pre-Party at Boyne Mountain Resort

[ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519263[/ATTACH]DON'T FORGET!!!!! AMERICAN CUSTOM MARINE will be putting on a Boyne Thunder Pre-Party on Thursday July 10 at Boyne Mountain Resort. The party will be from 7pm to 10pm on top of the mountain. (Chair-Lift ride) We will have some hors d'oeuves to snack on and a cash bar. Its a chance to see all your poker run friends. So dont be late to the 2014 Pre-party at Boyne Mountain.
Attached Thumbnails BOYNE THUNDER JULY 11,12  2014  Boyne City, Michigan-white_background_red_blue_text.jpg  
Old 02-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liquidthunder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519262[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]519263[/ATTACH]DON'T FORGET!!!!! AMERICAN CUSTOM MARINE will be putting on a Boyne Thunder Pre-Party on Thursday July 10 at Boyne Mountain Resort. The party will be from 7pm to 10pm on top of the mountain. (Chair-Lift ride) We will have some hors d'oeuves to snack on and a cash bar. Its a chance to see all your poker run friends. So dont be late to the 2014 Pre-party at Boyne Mountain.
& what a cool event that is!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.