Seneca Lake Run... Any plans >

Seneca Lake Run... Any plans

Notices

Seneca Lake Run... Any plans

Old 01-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Seneca Lake Run... Any plans

anyone heard of anything about a poker run on Seneca Lake happening this year? still one of my favorite events of the summer. hope they bring it back!!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should talk with Greg Bitler ( he owns the tiki bar at the south end of the lakeon the west side ) He is trying to put something together from there .
Old 01-16-2014, 08:13 AM
Registered

is he on OSO or got any contact info for him?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by 88bullet
is he on OSO or got any contact info for him?
607-535-4159 is the phone# He was talking about doing something, but docking is a problem at his location. Its wide open and those floating docks can't handle much. I haven't heard anything since the club dissolved about a run
Old 01-16-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cigrocket
607-535-4159 is the phone# He was talking about doing something, but docking is a problem at his location. Its wide open and those floating docks can't handle much. I haven't heard anything since the club dissolved about a run

Gregs cell # is 607 731 7344 , he is closed for the season call his cell . Docking can be a problem when the water is rough for sure , no parking for boats up top.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Here is an Old Picture I found when I had the Mistress at the Tiki Bar
Attached Thumbnails Seneca Lake Run... Any plans-palm.jpg  
Old 01-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Registered

so....... off to a bay again????
Old 01-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88bullet
anyone heard of anything about a poker run on Seneca Lake happening this year? still one of my favorite events of the summer. hope they bring it back!!
Just received this last night:
Happy New Year (a little late) everyone,
I hope Santa was good to you and brought lots of boat toys, upgrades!
It is actually warm out today so I started thingking boating and thhought I'd catch you all up on what is happening. We will have the 24th annual Seneca Lake Battleship Run again on the 3rd weekend of July, 18-20th with the run on Sat. July 19th.
The club is in very good financial standing so I'm hoping thjis year to increase the cash prizes, depending on entries.
There are some thing you can do to help the club. If you lie closer we are looking for people to take over as Treasurer and Secretary from Aretha and Todd Sawyer. Most of that work is at the run but you would need to be at the meetings, which we have very few. If you want more info on what is inolved please contact me and we can discuss it. You can also call me at 585-385-9195.
If you live near or far you can help with sponsors and prize table items. $ from sponsors is great but if you can get merchandise or gift certificates that is great as well. Also if you find something that is a great sale and feel it would make a good prize table item feel free to purchase it and we will reimburse you, either right away or at the run- your choice. I do that every year and already hae a few good items that were great bargains. Doing this helps the committee, and especially me, to not have to do last week shopping for prizes.
I'm going to be working on getting the website updated soon and the current year events and will email when it is done.
If you are interested in the Buffalo Poker Run I am copying below a message from WNYOPA President Steve McKie on aan advance reduced cost entry fee for that run. I've done that run for close t (or maybe just) 20 years and it is definitely worth checking out.
I'll skip my yearly request for anyone willing to donate a larger boat to charity (Me) as I'm good with that now and can't tow anything bigger with my current truck. However if you have a powerful tow vehicle you want to donate to charity...!
Think warm, boating thoughts!
Bill Krystan, President
Rochester Offshore*Powerboat
Old 01-17-2014, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

99% sure that the ROPA Battleship Run in July will be the only organized poker run on Seneca Lake. The SPBA has been taken control of by Greg and he is looking to hold social boating events but a poker run is not in the plans.
We plan on attending ROPA's event in July and hope to see all of the Seneca Lake regulars there.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:32 PM
Registered

keep us posted of a list of social events for the summer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.