Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
Boyne Thunder 2015, July 10, 11  in Northern Michigan, Boyne City. >

Boyne Thunder 2015, July 10, 11 in Northern Michigan, Boyne City.

Notices

Boyne Thunder 2015, July 10, 11 in Northern Michigan, Boyne City.

Old 07-07-2015, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bill63
Heading Northbound i 75 this afternoon with Team Nortech
B safe there Slick Willie!!!!!
Old 07-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys- New member here. I'm vacationing in Northern MI this week and just realized that Boyne Thunder is this weekend. I'm a cruiser not a off shore boater but I've always wanted to attend. Any recommendation on "must see" things and / or best places get the most of of the event this weekend?
Old 07-07-2015, 04:28 PM
Registered

Heading north in the morning. Not gonna sleep tonight!!!!!!looks like a good week to burn some fuel
Old 07-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 34 Posts

Outside Charlevoix channel is fun to see the boats take off. Just please stay clear to give room for the boats to take off.
Old 07-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BlueOval
Outside Charlevoix channel is fun to see the boats take off. Just please stay clear to give room for the boats to take off.
Thanks. Sadly my boat will be in Detroit I will be watching from land.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kincaid1377
hey guys- New member here. I'm vacationing in Northern MI this week and just realized that Boyne Thunder is this weekend. I'm a cruiser not a off shore boater but I've always wanted to attend. Any recommendation on "must see" things and / or best places get the most of of the event this weekend?
The wife and I attended as [land-bound] spectators in '09 and '11 - will be doing it again this year. We'll be at the street party in Boyne City Friday night; worth it if you have a place to stay nearby. Saturday by 8:30 - 9am you will want to be at Veterans Park to check out the boats at the docks, then watch the Parade Laps at 10am as the boats head off down the lake.

If you want to see more, you can also drive over to Charlevoix, and either catch the boats when they stop in for lunch...or wait til later and watch them come back through the channel (2:30-4pm?). We'll be there mid-day, too - probably enjoying some craft beers at Charlevoix Brewing Co. - which is right on the water, so you should have a nice view.

In between gawking at the boats, you can check out the outdoor art festival, which will also be going on in Charlevoix on the 11th. Also, bring some binoculars so you can get a good look at some of the big boat houses on the shores of Round Lake - some of the nicest I've seen anywhere.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kincaid1377
The Friday night street party is great, then get to the breakwall at Charlevoix to watch the boats parade out and open up. Nothing else is quite like that sound!
Old 07-07-2015, 09:15 PM
Registered

Just spent a weekend in Charlevoix and heading back up Thursday noonish for Boyne! The Pantera is ready for a little Lake Mich action!
Old 07-07-2015, 11:01 PM
Registered

I made it, can't wait to see some of these monsters this week.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackJack58
The wife and I attended as [land-bound] spectators in '09 and '11 - will be doing it again this year. We'll be at the street party in Boyne City Friday night; worth it if you have a place to stay nearby. Saturday by 8:30 - 9am you will want to be at Veterans Park to check out the boats at the docks, then watch the Parade Laps at 10am as the boats head off down the lake.

If you want to see more, you can also drive over to Charlevoix, and either catch the boats when they stop in for lunch...or wait til later and watch them come back through the channel (2:30-4pm?). We'll be there mid-day, too - probably enjoying some craft beers at Charlevoix Brewing Co. - which is right on the water, so you should have a nice view.

In between gawking at the boats, you can check out the outdoor art festival, which will also be going on in Charlevoix on the 11th. Also, bring some binoculars so you can get a good look at some of the big boat houses on the shores of Round Lake - some of the nicest I've seen anywhere.
Ha, Thanx 4 saving my right index finger!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.