Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run 2015, Norfolk Virginia official thread

Notices

Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run 2015, Norfolk Virginia official thread

Old 06-02-2015, 08:54 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]541764[/ATTACH]

I know these 3 boats are major excited...see everyone soon.....

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Powerboating for a Cure Poker Run 2015, Norfolk Virginia official thread-img_0326.jpg  
Old 06-11-2015, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Countdown is on: http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...the+Cure&swk=1
Old 06-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 493 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by CBlakeNS
Blake, Thought you had enough pull that would allow you to make this event come quicker allowing us to stay longer....
Old 06-15-2015, 06:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so ready for this poker run, wish I could say the same for my boat. Still have a bug or two to get worked out. My question is where is everyone leaving their truck & trailers? Last time I did this run I left mine in Newport News but I feel like it has to be a closer place, any suggestions?
Old 06-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure the committee will put it out but there is a pretty nice ramp in Portsmouth right around the corner from Waterside. I've used it a couple times only catch is watch the channel coming in and out, seemed like some shallow spots. Ramp is nice wide and long though with plenty of parking. It is P town so I wouldn't leave anything in the truck in the open but I don't think there's ever been a problem with security there.

I believe you can Google it but its in the city park in Portsmouth.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:15 AM
Registered

I would be careful at the Portsmouth ramp as it is in need of repairs on the retrieval side according to several folks who use it weekly. The city is supposed to be repairing it sometime this or next month according to the news report about the repairs.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes - Portsmouth ramp is in need of repairs. I did drop there about 2 or 3 weeks ago with myself and a 353 and a 28 before they posted on the new about the ramp issues. We dropped on retrieval side no problems. However, I think both sides are issues. The guys on the committee will probably have some news posted on here soon regarding an alternate location to use to launch! I know they have been working diligently on this!

Last edited by CBlakeNS; 06-15-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:54 PM
Registered

I know about that ramp but was told you couldn't leave your rig there for the weekend? Has anyone heard of this?
Old 06-15-2015, 01:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mlb75
I'm sure the committee will put it out but there is a pretty nice ramp in Portsmouth right around the corner from Waterside. I've used it a couple times only catch is watch the channel coming in and out, seemed like some shallow spots. Ramp is nice wide and long though with plenty of parking. It is P town so I wouldn't leave anything in the truck in the open but I don't think there's ever been a problem with security there.

I believe you can Google it but its in the city park in Portsmouth.
Thanks for the info. When are you back in town?
Old 06-15-2015, 03:47 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have updated our Poker Run Course Chart and the directions to the launch ramp.

It was too big a file for us to post here, so the course chart package will be on our website - www.mapacharity.org in a day or so AND it will be emailed to you in the coming weeks.

There will also be a welcome package and dock slip assignment chart emailed (and on our website) in a few weeks that will have the most up to date info. Please keep and eye out for it.

IMPORTANT - Check out the revised launch ramp info in the course chart package

The ramp we have been using for years at Portsmouth City park has just been closed for repairs. We have gotten the co-operation of the City of Norfolk and long story short; we have a new launch ramp location at Willoughby and it is right off the interstate!
The ramp address is: 1311 Bayville St Norfolk, VA 23503
The GPS co-ordinates for the ramp - 36.964248, -76.287984
Also, we have hired Norfolk Police Officers for security at the ramp from Thursday at sundown thru Sunday morning at 10am. You can leave your truck and trailer there. They have about 80 parking spots and we will have a bunch of them set aside and roped off for you. We are also working on alternative ramp location in the rare event the lot at the ramp gets filled up (doubtul)

There are lots of changes this year due to the re-model of Waterside building, the ramp we normally use being closed, the restaurants we normally use are gone - but we have everything ready to provide you with the best poker run on the east coast, thus the info we are providing is important for you to read!

Again - docking will be tight! Just like every other poker run, we will be rafting. MAKE SURE your bumpers are inflated, clean and covered. Extra dock lines would also be good to have.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron

Last edited by BillR; 06-15-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.