Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   Poker Runs and Boating Events (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events-19/)
-   -   What do you like most about porker runs? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/poker-runs-boating-events/332832-what-do-you-like-most-about-porker-runs.html)

Luckie_529 11-30-2015 02:59 PM

What do you like most about porker runs?

I like the social part of meeting new people and seeing new places. I have not done to many events. Are there actives at some stops that make the event better? Quick stops at a dock to get card and go or stopping at retailers?Boat show and shine or raft ups? Thanks

dsmawd350 11-30-2015 03:31 PM

The raft ups, dock parties, and going downtown nashville were all a great part of the old hickory run

Luckie_529 11-30-2015 04:16 PM

From the videos of the old hickory event that looked like a fun time. It is on my list for 2016.

monster12valve 12-28-2015 08:25 PM

I have never ran in one... Because I am intimidated... Are there slower (70mph) boats that run? I don't wanna be the guy that "slows it all down".

ROB FREEMAN 12-28-2015 08:27 PM

The boats. ��

tommymonza 12-28-2015 08:50 PM

The FAT GIRLS .

Where else butt a Porker Run can you find well fed midwest girls who are a size 23 wearing a size 2 bikini,

Yee Haw.

Score Dem *****es and take dem on my John Deere Combine.

CBlakeNS 12-29-2015 08:59 AM

Not a race. Go at your own pace and have a good time! Not all boats running WOT the whole time. The poker runs I have attended the faster boats start off in a pack and then the slower boats behind once the helicopter wraps back around. Also, for the fun run I have attended, there were certain stopping points where people waited up for the slower boats.

Originally Posted by monster12valve (Post 4388788)
I have never ran in one... Because I am intimidated... Are there slower (70mph) boats that run? I don't wanna be the guy that "slows it all down".

bcfountain 12-30-2015 01:26 PM

the best part about the pokerrun is when the flag drops and the boats jump up on plane.yea,its not a race,,,,,,,,,but nobody wants to be last at the first card stop.

598 Formula 12-30-2015 01:45 PM

Haha, "most" of the time, the ones that jump out and hammer down to over 100mph right out the gate.......don't finish the run. Most on here, including myself have to fix/repair our boats ourselves, which in turn implements around a 65-70mph nice cruise speed the whole run. Now there are times you tighten up on it, but generally its in short burst.

I enjoy meeting new people checking out the badass boats that travel hours to attend, and of course the beautiful ladies:evilb: I like the smaller runs personally, 40-65 boats, the atmosphere is a lot less thick, most of the time just a bunch of hard working honest men doing what we love....not the who's checkbook is bigger atmosphere:eek: and if you do have a problem, the chances of you getting help are a lot greater, guaranteed!!

CBlakeNS 12-31-2015 09:45 AM

\/ - as long as I beat Brad to the first stop I am alright with that haha!

Originally Posted by bcfountain (Post 4389222)
the best part about the pokerrun is when the flag drops and the boats jump up on plane.yea,its not a race,,,,,,,,,but nobody wants to be last at the first card stop.