Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Poker Runs and Boating Events
8th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 17th-18th 2016 >

8th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 17th-18th 2016

Notices

8th Annual Lake Cumberland Thunder Run June 17th-18th 2016

Old 02-08-2016, 06:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the reply easyrider, maybe some others will chime in as well....... Sonic, it will be hard to find comparable accommodations on Lake Cumberland to those you listed, my suggestion would be to look at Vrbo in the area as there are some very nice lake homes on the lake..... please feel free to give me a call with any questions or concerns at 606-425-6113

Justin Lucas
Old 02-09-2016, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Soinc... you're not going to find a Ritz-Carlton anywhere near this run. It's a lot closer to drinking moonshine in a cornfield than it is wine and cheese tasting. We do have one helluva time and there's a ton of good ole southern hospitality. I suggest you just try it out and you will have a great time.
Old 02-09-2016, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Rent a boatel would be the number one choice, or get on a waiting list for a room, and there is a Best Western a few miles down the road from GH. (606) 387-7238, or you try for a room or cabin at the State park and do the water commute or drive (about 40 minutes).
Old 02-09-2016, 04:42 PM
Registered

thanks for the replies guys, I didn't want to seem like I was trying to steer him in a particular direction as nothing on Cumberland would compare to those he had listed............ Sonic, like Robert said there is a nice newer Best Western very close to Grider, and Grider Hill still has 5 (as of the weekend) houseboats available one of those being a newer 93' that is probably the nicest rental they have, if you go that route we can set you up on boatel (party) row with the other houseboats or you could also cove it out, just give Elizabeth at Grider Hill a call to discuss the houseboats..... like I said give me a call with any questions or concerns and I will do my best to answer them for you.
Old 02-19-2016, 01:56 PM
Registered

Happy to announce that the entertainment for this years Thunder Run is the band Backlit out of Nashville!! Backlit will be playing both Friday and Saturday nights at Grider Hill Resort and Marina!! Until then you can learn a little more about the band by visiting www.reverbnation.com/backlit2010

Down to 4 rental houseboats available at Grider Hill, be sure to give Elizabeth a call at 1-866-387-5501 for pricing and information as Im sure they wont last long!!
Old 02-24-2016, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

I've only missed last year, Lodge room booked and anxious to get back. Not a better group of people promise, very well organized and a great run!!!
Old 02-28-2016, 07:01 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 20outlaw
thanks for the replies guys, I didn't want to seem like I was trying to steer him in a particular direction as nothing on Cumberland would compare to those he had listed............ Sonic, like Robert said there is a nice newer Best Western very close to Grider, and Grider Hill still has 5 (as of the weekend) houseboats available one of those being a newer 93' that is probably the nicest rental they have, if you go that route we can set you up on boatel (party) row with the other houseboats or you could also cove it out, just give Elizabeth at Grider Hill a call to discuss the houseboats..... like I said give me a call with any questions or concerns and I will do my best to answer them for you.
Fyi, the best western close by as of about 5 weeks ago is now a Baymont. And as of yesterday they still have plenty of rooms for that weekend. Looking forward to seeing everyone again for another great event!!
Old 03-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Easyrider

thanks for the response.
We have been on it for a while... good to hear its a great event.
Old 03-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Chewymalone

We did grow up in the country we don't need wine/ cheese, Rum CC and yes some shine sounds good please.
we were just looking for a place that our shoes don't permanently adhere to the floor when you walk in

20outlaw/Marginmn
Thanks for the heads up, I'm not sure what he's up too(been up north sledding for a few weeks) last I saw the Ilmor's, boxes and drives were on the floor.
he is so OCD it's ridicules seriously (for a paint chip).

thanks everyone!
soinc

Last edited by soinc; 03-02-2016 at 04:13 PM. Reason: thanks
Old 03-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Registered

Grider Hill is down to only having 2 70' and 1 93' rental houseboats available for Thunder Run! If you are interested in a houseboat rental for Thunder Run and are wanting to stay on site, give Elizabeth at Grider Hill a call at 866-387-5501. More in the works and will be posting updates as we finalize plans!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.